Page 102 of 357 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

more he stores, the bigger the boom.

If he stores too much, suit goes boom. This could be used in a way to get BP out of his almost indestructible suit in the final fight vs whatever bad guy. Have him take on a hoard of mooks by himself, he slowly charges the suit to its breaking point, release massive AoE, killing them all but breaking his suit. then 1v1 against the villain.
    Bingo! It'd be such a cool and innovate route to take him in the MCU, if not comics in general. And it would be easily transferable to video games. It would be visually stunning with the colors and it makes you double down on T'Challa's hand-to-hand skills, without worrying about issues of redundancy (daggers vs claws). Not saying you can't still have those things as well.

It would also separate him from Captain America (shield), Daredevil, Batman (batarangs/gadgets), Ironfist, etc. It'd truly be his own thing that distinguishes him.

Also for consideration: since i loved ninja scroll as a kid, it'd be cool if the longer vibranium swords like what Killmonger weilded had the same energy disperse properties as the suit. Each time you clang or parry another opponent's weapon, your sword charges up with energy until you decide to swing the sword hard and have the purple/gold energy cut through the air like a projectile. I don't feel as strongly about that version but it's worth the consideration

Amazing Member

I was rewatching the movie the other day on Netflix, and I noticed interesting banter between Shuri and t’challa. When he first returns to wakanda in the beginning he jokes that she can’t teach him anything, I took it as he considers himself a genius in his own right. He also designed his CW suit, which hold out hope that he can actually show case his skills without always relying on shuri.

I also saw in this thread people wanting him to fill the cap role in the mcu. I really really would hate that. He should carve out his own niche and not be the new cap. Coogler manage to set up wakanda enough for him to be heavy hitter in the next marvel mcu phases.

Vibranium + super strength from hsh + wakandan technology should make him formidable against ANYONE in an avengers team of doc strange and cap marvel.

It should always be an oh **** moment everytime t’challa hits the scene. He was handled poorly in infinity war.

Side note....captain marvel trailer is super meh(no hate). Just makes me appreciate how much care went in the black panther mcu property leading up to release.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    I was rewatching the movie the other day on Netflix, and I noticed interesting banter between Shuri and t’challa. When he first returns to wakanda in the beginning he jokes that she can’t teach him anything, I took it as he considers himself a genius in his own right. He also designed his CW suit, which hold out hope that he can actually show case his skills without always relying on shuri.

I also saw in this thread people wanting him to fill the cap role in the mcu. I really really would hate that. He should carve out his own niche and not be the new cap. Coogler manage to set up wakanda enough for him to be heavy hitter in the next marvel mcu phases.

Vibranium + super strength from hsh + wakandan technology should make him formidable against ANYONE in an avengers team of doc strange and cap marvel.

It should always be an oh **** moment everytime t’challa hits the scene. He was handled poorly in infinity war.
    That is because next to Strange and presumably Carol, T'challa is a freaking light weight power wise lol. That just says more about them than him though. IW Strange was just on another planet power wise.

Playing up his ability to lead and stratagize just works for a King and General of a warrior advanced nation.

Side note....captain marvel trailer is super meh(no hate). Just makes me appreciate how much care went in the black panther mcu property leading up to release.
    yeah... just remember the first trailer...

goosebumps
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

That is because next to Strange and presumably Carol, T'challa is a freaking light weight power wise lol. That just says more about them than him though. IW Strange was just on another planet power wise.

Playing up his ability to lead and stratagize just works for a King and General of a warrior advanced nation.

yeah... just remember the first trailer...

goosebumps
    Should he be a lightweight though? I mean next to Thor and hulk Ironman should be a lightweight. But he always has some technology to even the odds.

Wakandan tech could easily do the same. Just need a screen writer with imagination. Show off some toys.

Should he be a lightweight though? I mean next to Thor and hulk Ironman should be a lightweight. But he always has some technology to even the odds.

Wakandan tech could easily do the same. Just need a screen writer with imagination. Show off some toys.
    It would be cool to be progressive. As he meets stronger people, he get better tech. Like in Ultimates when he analyzed Carols powers to enhance his energy daggers.

tony's thing is building weapons. That really isn't tchalla's thing. I'm not against T'challa showing up with some cool wakandan weapon toys and upgrades to his suit wen appropriate but it shouldn't be the focus of his character in an Avengers film

And even then, yes, tony is a lightweight compared to thor and hulk.

The key is to give the "lightweights" something to do other than be bricks. That is how super hero teams work. Which is something the MCU has been pretty good at most of the time. And by contrast, one of the ways Justice League movie was a bit of a failure because there team was eclipsed and outclased by one person lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-18-2018 at 07:39 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like the way you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yay Yay! [/Ice Cube voice]

I think they should also double down on BP's suit as a weapon and go the Deku route in My Hero Academia. One for All. Right now BP's suit absorbs kinetic force and kinda just discharges it everywhere. Well i'd like to see him be able to concentrate the stored up energy to his fist or legs for a big KO punch or massive kick that can shatter cars. Like Deku I'd actually like to see the energy veins congregate to the area he's about to use and the purple energy discharge in that direction he punches or kicks in.

What the russos did with it in Infinity War was lazy imo, they kinda just spammed it as an afterthought, whereas in BP's movie there was actual weight to it when BP and Erik used it; it really felt like a game changer and that's what i'd like to see it further cultivated as.
    I only used IF as an example because he was kinda focusing it into strikes rather then big AoE attacks. I'm all for that route too as there are an infinite amount of ways to utilize the power. Jump higher, burst of speed Sprint. Hurls a spear 200 yards in the air at an aircraft. Sends a car flying. But like deku (hopefully this ain't a spoiler for you) he can also use it as a concentrated range attack which may or may not take the appearance of an energy dagger. Bead tech is just more icing on the cake

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It would be cool to be progressive. As he meets stronger people, he get better tech. Like in Ultimates when he analyzed Carols powers to enhance his energy daggers.
    I agree with this. T'Challa was introduced into the comics taking down the Fantastic Four.

Best moment in Ultimates was when he pissed Carol off by revealing he can match his energy daggers to her energy output and made them just as powerful as her cosmic blasts.

Ive always been on camp 'T'Challa should not be a lightweight' but i think they should do it in a way that doesn't branch too far from the mytho or turn him into something else completely, i.e. no Ghost Panther... cool as that looks.

What Ewing did with the energy daggers is a perfect example of how to do it the (subjectively) right way.

The One for All suit imo would be another.

Infinity War Iron Man was made a beast that did as well vs Thanos one on one as Hulk, DS, and Thor did. We should see Black Panther with that same energy in Avengers 6 when he goes one on one with Dr. Doom

Er.. minus the part where he gets stabbed in the gut of course

One good thing about a magic metal is that you can pull off a lot of bullshit and still pass it off as legit lol

and MCU vibranium already seems more magical than the comic version. **** heals spinal cords now in 24 hours

Gives you an "out" for many villains.

Take Doom for a made up example

- Doom shoots magic energy blast at T'challa

- T'challa absorbs and redirects it back in a panther shaped hadouken

- Utterly blasts Doom through 5 walls anime style

- Doom: what in the literal ****, how is that possible

- T'challa: ITS VIBRANIUM HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It would also separate him from Captain America (shield), Daredevil, Batman (batarangs/gadgets), Ironfist, etc. It'd truly be his own thing that distinguishes him.

Also for consideration: since i loved ninja scroll as a kid, it'd be cool if the longer vibranium swords like what Killmonger weilded had the same energy disperse properties as the suit. Each time you clang or parry another opponent's weapon, your sword charges up with energy until you decide to swing the sword hard and have the purple/gold energy cut through the air like a projectile. I don't feel as strongly about that version but it's worth the consideration

Nah man let him shoot that **** out from his claws, that would be badass. Sprouse did that in S 2 when he went against the fenris twins. He absorbed their attack and shot it back at them. See claw slashes flying through the air would be tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I only used IF as an example because he was kinda focusing it into strikes rather then big AoE attacks. I'm all for that route too as there are an infinite amount of ways to utilize the power. Jump higher, burst of speed Sprint. Hurls a spear 200 yards in the air at an aircraft. Sends a car flying. But like deku (hopefully this ain't a spoiler for you) he can also use it as a concentrated range attack which may or may not take the appearance of an energy dagger. Bead tech is just more icing on the cake
    I'm only up to date on the anime but i like what that sounds like! Bead tech, energy spears, the dboi gaunlets (trademarked), i like them all to be honest. I see BP kinda like Kratos in God of War (PS4) where he has a bunch of tools unique to him and his culture. Not Iron Man and his missles and lasers, not Batman and his smoke pellets and batarangs, not Spider-Man and his webs, but his own set of tools u would expect from an afrikan ninja warrior from the future.

One good thing about a magic metal is that you can pull off a lot of bullshit and still pass it off as legit lol

and MCU vibranium already seems more magical than the comic version. **** heals spinal cords now in 24 hours

Gives you an "out" for many villains.

Take Doom for a made up example

- Doom shoots magic energy blast at T'challa

- T'challa absorbs and redirects it back in a panther shaped hadouken

- Utterly blasts Doom through 5 walls anime style

- Doom: what in the literal ****, how is that possible

- T'challa: ITS VIBRANIUM HO!
    See, you already thought of one method to make him a mid to heavyweight without completely changing the character

Shuri can take 5 mins to upgrade the suit. And when questioned she can say "magic is simply science ppl don't yet understand, but i understand. Oh and Vibranium ho!"