Page 19 of 357 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A chance to get a more cerbral, preppy MCU Black Panther would be for him ot go against MCU Achebe... someone he is going to have to outsmart instead of out punch.

Not 100% how you pull something like that off (I can't think of any comic book movie examples off the top of my head but im tired lol) but yeh
    Zemo was kind of like that, since a lot of his plan relied on the fact that he couldn't physically take on the Avengers but have them tear each other apart.

But considering they've already killed off Killmonger and Klaw, on-top of M'Baku and T'Challa coming to an accord of sorts, I'd be surprised if Achebe isn't the villain of the sequel unless they bring in a character from another property.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    To be honest, if T'Challa gonna play second fiddle status in the Avengers, I'd much rather prefer him being head of the Ultimates.
    In Avengers I want tchalla to have a defined role. Either he is the leader, the Tech genius, the grandmaster Chess player see the big picture prep guy, THE Martial arts guy, or the lone wolf. Right now he is kinda doing secondary tech stuff. I would rather him be the prep guy personally as that gives him the opportunity to ot play second fiddle to any of the other characters.

And brother Maj, why not have both? Grandmaster check player in the Avengers, and the leader in the Ultimates (still a grand master chess player)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    In Avengers I want tchalla to have a defined role. Either he is the leader, the Tech genius, the grandmaster Chess player see the big picture prep guy, THE Martial arts guy, or the lone wolf. Right now he is kinda doing secondary tech stuff. I would rather him be the prep guy personally as that gives him the opportunity to ot play second fiddle to any of the other characters.

And brother Maj, why not have both? Grandmaster check player in the Avengers, and the leader in the Ultimates (still a grand master chess player)
    Agreed, but i have a sneaking suspicion that T'challa is already subtly shifting toward a non-main character. In the first few books i see all the others getting better feats. Thats my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, but i have a sneaking suspicion that T'challa is already subtly shifting toward a non-main character. In the first few books i see all the others getting better feats. Thats my opinion though.
    next issue will tell. He at least had some plan and showed a little prep. Overall the title needs to Crank it up

He did come up with the means to kill the bug things, so he did his part.

BANNED

To add my two bits i wouldn't even mind seeing a T'challa and Adam team up in the style of supes and batman. Even though they both have similar minds for science i think the difference in their motivations would be a nice contrast. Adam being more reserved where as T'challa being the man of action CW mode. What continues to be unfortunate is Ewing so far represents the best writer that gets both of these heroes but i don't see him as capable of delivering the high intensity action that should be spread throughout a story. I don't see Snyder coming to Marvel anytime soon. Redjack expressed that he wouldn't tackle Black Panther in book form right now.
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    To be honest, if T'Challa gonna play second fiddle status in the Avengers, I'd much rather prefer him being head of the Ultimates.
    Except he didn't lead the Ultimates. They "had no real leader" except Carol kept bossing people around and then MAC became the leader and the "one that could shut the team down"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Aaron said the Avengers are a Big 4 now. Cap, Thor, Stark, T'challa.

T'challa started this all off in the FCBD issue meeting with Odin.

T'challa is the one that started the investigation into the core of the earth. He contacted Strange, not the other way around.

T'challa isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    next issue will tell. He at least had some plan and showed a little prep. Overall the title needs to Crank it up
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He did come up with the means to kill the bug things, so he did his part.
    Exactly. He was also the person to find them. And then eliminate them.

Aaron, so far in this book, has treated BP with nothing but respect.

It is a big team up book with lots of "known" characters that just started. It is going to take awhile for the roster to get focused. Technically the team isn't even a team yet.

(Book is just ok at best though. Threats too big this quick for this team and honestly I can't stand the art )

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I haven't been all that impressed with Aaron's Avengers at all. It seems sort of goofy, like Axe Cop or something, and I hate the art. I'd much prefer T'challa to have a solid solo and interact with the FF more. I think that's going to be the book to watch for the foreseeable future. The first issue was really strong and Marvel 2-in-1 has been incredible.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I haven't been all that impressed with Aaron's Avengers at all. It seems sort of goofy, like Axe Cop or something, and I hate the art.
    Apparently getting this dude for art was a big deal but yeah, it takign a serious situation teased in Legacy and making it look goofy as **** and disjointed. **** barely makes sense panel to panel sometimes.

I'm having a lot of issues with art lately. The Thor book has some goofy ass style too I can't stand. Especially since the art on Aaron's Thor run as generally been god tier.

Has Slott written T'challa before?

Apparently getting this dude for art was a big deal but yeah, it takign a serious situation teased in Legacy and making it look goofy as **** and disjointed. **** barely makes sense panel to panel sometimes.

I'm having a lot of issues with art lately. The Thor book has some goofy ass style too I can't stand. Especially since the art on Aaron's Thor run as generally been god tier.

Has Slott written T'challa before?
    Not that I'm aware of, but based on Avengers: Initiative, Mighty Avengers, and Superior Spider-Man/Amazing he can definitely write master planners and tech genius characters. Also Initiative had an entire black ops team so he can deal with stealth characters as well.

I think he'd actually be a pretty great Black Panther writer if he wanted.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-14-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

at this point it looks like as long as he wants

Extraordinary Member

I peek in this thread to keep up with the King. Until things improve, I'll stick with the MCU.

I'm hoping BP II treats fans to scheming T'Challa. It makes sense given the chaos & conspiracies he endured in the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I haven't been all that impressed with Aaron's Avengers at all. It seems sort of goofy, like Axe Cop or something, and I hate the art. I'd much prefer T'challa to have a solid solo and interact with the FF more. I think that's going to be the book to watch for the foreseeable future. The first issue was really strong and Marvel 2-in-1 has been incredible.
    I would like that. I like smaller, tighter teams. Big 7-8 roster teams means very little development. I thought Ultimates was a nice size. 5-6 seems like enough to have developed Characters while having them take on big threats within being overwhelmed

BANNED

Except he didn't lead the Ultimates. They "had no real leader" except Carol kept bossing people around and then MAC became the leader and the "one that could shut the team down"
    I don't recall saying T'Challa was the leader of the Ultimates.