Page 240 of 357 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5350
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP vs DP #1 44,533

- second highest opening for a BP spin off, behind WoW.

Shuri #1 34,425.... YIKES

- this is worse opening than The Crew. for refernce, Rise lost 20k on the second issue. Crew lost around 18k. This is bad.

BP #5 31,254

Do y'all want charts/graphs?
    Yes let's see the charts. Shuri I expected to do bad Because there is already a stain on the mythos for spin off Characters. BP vs DP is focusing on T'Challa so it's going to be more successful

BP vs DP #1 44,533

It would've been higher if the art wasn't doodoo. Can't put doodoo next to a chocolate red velvet cake, discourages people from picking up the cake.

- this is worse opening than The Crew. for refernce, Rise lost 20k on the second issue. Crew lost around 18k. This is bad.
    Didn't you and I make some bet about this? Did you accept the bet? Storm avi right? (or was i kidding?) Remember when i googled the artist and made cryptic jokes about that combo (artist + Nnedi) equaling doom for the GOAT Disney Princess? Remember that? Does anyone remember that? Bc I don't :/

BP #5 31,254

Let's see the chart damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes let's see the charts. Shuri I expected to do bad Because there is already a stain on the mythos for spin off Characters. BP vs DP is focusing on T'Challa so it's going to be more successful
    Ayo and Aneka came through and crushed the buildings! But in the wrong way!

Sent everyone home packing! Ppl thought they had next, the new DX but really they were Sean Whitman! No heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Fanfic? Looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Ayo and Aneka came through and crushed the buildings! But in the wrong way!

Sent everyone home packing! Ppl thought they had next, the new DX but really they were Sean Whitman! No heat!
    They ruined all spin offs and it was the dumbest thing ever that they even got a spin off when they had all of 4 issue's of development then all of a sudden "they can stand on there own, they don't need T'Challa" only to systematically sabotage all spin offs that followed due to ishtty writing to the cringeyest degree

I actually think it was the crew that F'd all the others.

WoW at least had the, "it wasn't Black Panther and it was about two brand new characters!" thing going for it. And it sold good for 3 issues.

Crew came out, slapped Black Panther on it, used 4 of the most popular black charcters (sorry eden), with Coates name on it, with a known artist...

and was a sales dumpster fire so bad it got cancelled in 2 issues.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

BP vs DP #1 44,533

BP #5 31,254

I'm actually surprised at the shuri numbers. I thought she was going to start off higher. and BP is still holding on which makes my heart smile. also with dp being on the book I thought those numbers would be higher. doesnt seem the black panther franchise popularity onscreen is translating to the books which is sad.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm actually surprised at the shuri numbers. I thought she was going to start off higher. and BP is still holding on which makes my heart smile. also with dp being on the book I thought those numbers would be higher. doesnt seem the black panther franchise popularity onscreen is translating to the books which is sad.
    Before CW came out, there were zero black panther books because he "didn't sell." Literally.

I think you could argue successfully that the MCU has had a greater effect on the Black Panther franchise more than any single character in comics.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Before CW came out, there were zero black panther books because he "didn't sell." Literally.

I think you could argue successfully that the MCU has had a greater effect on the Black Panther franchise more than any single character in comics.
    MCU influence has definitely influenced the BP books but even with those efforts it hasnt helped the sales. unfortunately I think shuri is the best evidence of this and it sucks. but that said its confusing because I thought somewhere I read the book went through reprints.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

WoW at least had the, "it wasn't Black Panther and it was about two brand new characters!" thing going for it. And it sold good for 3 issues.

Crew came out, slapped Black Panther on it, used 4 of the most popular black charcters (sorry eden), with Coates name on it, with a known artist...

Sales are preorder sales so I honestly think it was World of Wakanda. I think the sales of that book disappointed to the point where people didn't want to preorder The Crew, which led it to getting cancelled effectively before anyone read a single issue.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think both of them did it, first WoW for wasting the in initial hot Iron by being garbage and people weren't going to fall for that isht again, especially since they didn't focus on T'Challa and made that clear in interviews

MCU influence has definitely influenced the BP books but even with those efforts it hasnt helped the sales. unfortunately I think shuri is the best evidence of this and it sucks. but that said its confusing because I thought somewhere I read the book went through reprints.
    I think part of that is Marvels inability to repeatedly predict trends. The BP book came out a month or so part from CW. Big sales. Shuri comes out eight months after the movie, flops.
    Luke Cage breaks Netflix and they launch a title several months later, flops Iron Fist gets a comic around Netflix release, people hated the show.

They do try, it's just their timing is terrible and by the time they realize they have something, the moment of excitement has passed.

Not really, Nnedi, before writing Shuri was already 0 for 3. First with that venonverse, then long live, then WF. Nnedi has shown she doesn't get BP and his mythos, the Shuri book is just a further continuation of that truth

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think part of that is Marvels inability to repeatedly predict trends. The BP book came out a month or so part from CW. Big sales. Shuri comes out eight months after the movie, flops.
    Luke Cage breaks Netflix and they launch a title several months later, flops Iron Fist gets a comic around Netflix release, people hated the show.

They do try, it's just their timing is terrible and by the time they realize they have something, the moment of excitement has passed.
    This, in addition to the fact that I think some of these books were push by black for the sake of black ideology, and that is almost always problematic. Using a black character, fine give it strong primise, writing and art. Step back and let the pieces fall where they will. DC went and got Morrison and Liam Sharp for a 5th redo in attempt to bring attention to Hal Jordan Green Lantern. Why hasn't Marvel done this for Black Panther or Luke Cage, or any other book with black characters that they're attempting to push. Personally I think they lack the fortitude to put big guns on black character books.

It depends on what you consider the baseline for Shuri is. The fact this book even exists is a testament to the MCU. If you go from zero to 30K... that is sales lol.

The premier black woman at marvel, who was part of one of the most popular cartoons of all time, has been in multiple movies, has been a known comic character for decades... opened at 47k for its #1.

What did you honestly expect out of Shuri? Who has no comic presence at all? Who's very existence as a black female comic character means she is already behind a large eightball in regards to floppy sales? After the comic population was already burned multiple times by shitty black panther tie ins?