Page 33 of 357 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Black guy..are his points fair or nitpicking?
    Even though I disagree, I appreciate this video as opposed to Ben Shaprio's vid where he had problems before he'd even seen the movie.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I liked it in the scenario of the invasion like that.

But it definitely wasn't "creative"

There is CGI EVERYWHERE in these movies. EVERYWHERE.

We are seeing stuff that isn't "real" and trying to make it look real and sometimes the brain picks up on it and goes "yooo somethings not right here"

Russos got around it in WS by simply not having much "super hero" stuff and using bourne style quick cuts instead.
    I enjoyed BP thoroughly but that is probably my only complaint of the movie and that's the cgi. they have to do better with this in the sequel. it kind of takes you out of the experience when the effects are overwhelming in places as it was with the movie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I heard Nate More saying that they wanted to film some scenes in Africa but that would be expensive on top of the supposedly 200 million dollar budget. Also you have to note that the continent of Africa is extremely hot and you don't want Chadwick covered in an all black suit running around at a temperature of 90-100 Fahrenheit all sweaty and running out of breath due to the heat which can cause someone to faint and all. Also, the insurance for the cast members will be increased significantly as they are prone to diseases such as Malaria which is known to have cause a lot of deaths in Africa in general. Even Idris Elba talked about how he almost died while filming Beast of No Nation along with the director.

While filming in Africa may have added to the authenticity of the film, they are still other factors that one most look at which could cost the studio a lot of money and hassle, which is why I understand why the studio didn't go that route.
    I know for you the only poor CGI was at the end.

However, I'd rather they saved some of the $$ on CGI and actually went to Africa to film somethings outside of aerial shots. It would have forced their hand to go practical and be more creative in somethings as well. Not that they didn't give us creative us creative ideas, but I'm talking about creative execution.

Because even YOU said this did not look like a 200 million dollar movie. If they were going to do it CGI then they should have started filming back in 2016 to give them some real time. Especially if they weren't putting IW dollars behind it. As beautiful as it looks there are times it looks restricted, limited, etc.

I think Idris filmed in Ghana. Not saying they had to go there, but somewhere to lend more authenticity.

Lip service is over. 1.3 billion has come through. Critical ratings are off the charts. All through the hard work of actors, directors, writers turning this into more than a comic book film.

I truly truly think they can craft one of the greatest films ever if they go all in on cinematography, no tidying up the story for future Marvel destruction...err..I mean films. And add the authenticity of location and verisimilitude. Oh the CGI that is used...make sure the effort is there like for Russo Bros films.

I see it. I don't want Marvel to get comfortable or Ryan to doubt if he should push its limits further. Its there to craft a truly mesmerizing film if they want to. I just press the issue cause I truly hope they go for it in the next film. Assuming they come up with another compelling story.

I get it. IW probably messed it up as well. Just saying they need to go all in next time.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-19-2018 at 01:23 PM.

IGN ranks BP #11 on 25 greatest comic book movies.

Top 10

1.The Dark Knight
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Supeman (78)
    4. Avengers
    5. Batman Begins
    6. Guadians of the Galaxy
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    9. Captain America: Civil War
    10. X-Men First Class
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...-movies?page=2

BANNED

Top 10

1.The Dark Knight
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Supeman (78)
    4. Avengers
    5. Batman Begins
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    10. X-Men First Class
    Their ranking is irrelevant.

This constant **** over and over and over is just getting suspect at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Their ranking is irrelevant.
    Be sure to include just down right stupid. No damn way Superman or X-men first class belong that high up. LOL the poster is must be culturally stunted.

I still feel that BP was the best movie so far from Marvel. I enjoyed many others, but I like BP the best. I also liked Thor Ragnarok because of the humor and score. In the vein of just saying nice things about the movie, it is hard to pin down, there are so many things to like. One of my favorite moments was pretty deep; when Eric said; "Bury me in the ocean" and explained why, I got a lump in my throat (still do when I re-watch it). The CGI don't bother me at all. I know all the movies have "fake stuff" in it, and it was good enough for me (of course all CGI I compare to 70's special effects, so regardless, I am always happy). My favorite feat of T'Challa was him and the rhino. When I saw it at the theater I almost screamed; "Jungle Action Baby"!!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Be sure to include just down right stupid. No damn way Superman or X-men first class belong that high up. LOL the poster is must be culturally stunted.
    Nope, the IGN poster is merely making their personal prejudice clear for anyone with an open mind to recognise.

I lose ZERO sleep over polls of this nature for the simple fact that they remain quite fickle and subjective to the whims of the source/contributor.

For instance, much has been made about how the Russo Brothers sub par portrayal of T'Challa/Wakanda in Infinity War may have been down to the possibility that Marvel did not anticipate how well the Black Panther movie would play globally.

Who goes into a project assuming that a proposed product may not be as successful as other output from the same studio with a proven track record for excellence?

Is it any wonder that some reviewers had pre-concieved notions about how well this movie would do and even in the wake of its overwhelming box office domination, still have the audacity to snipe at it from the comfort of their basements? (Corporate or otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I still feel that BP was the best movie so far from Marvel. I enjoyed many others, but I like BP the best. I also liked Thor Ragnarok because of the humor and score. In the vein of just saying nice things about the movie, it is hard to pin down, there are so many things to like. One of my favorite moments was pretty deep; when Eric said; "Bury me in the ocean" and explained why, I got a lump in my throat (still do when I re-watch it). The CGI don't bother me at all. I know all the movies have "fake stuff" in it, and it was good enough for me (of course all CGI I compare to 70's special effects, so regardless, I am always happy). My favorite feat of T'Challa was him and the rhino. When I saw it at the theater I almost screamed; "Jungle Action Baby"!!
    The BP movie was an undisputed triumph regardless of a few CGI misteps.

Erik Killmonger was a character that resonated with many even though his overall actions were repellant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Nope, the IGN poster is merely making their personal prejudice clear for anyone with an open mind to recognise.

I lose ZERO sleep over polls of this nature for the simple fact that they remain quite fickle and subjective to the whims of the source/contributor.

For instance, much has been made about how the Russo Brothers sub par portrayal of T'Challa/Wakanda in Infinity War may have been down to the possibility that Marvel did not anticipate how well the Black Panther movie would play globally.

Who goes into a project assuming that a proposed product may not be as successful as other output from the same studio with a proven track record for excellence?

Is it any wonder that some reviewers had pre-concieved notions about how well this movie would do and even in the wake of its overwhelming box office domination, still have the audacity to snipe at it from the comfort of their basements? (Corporate or otherwise.)

The BP movie was an undisputed triumph regardless of a few CGI misteps.

Erik Killmonger was a character that resonated with many even though his overall actions were repellant.
    I wouldn't mind a Killmonger prequel. However, it would be a Godfather II style film in structure that focuses on N'Jobu's transition to War Dog as well. We could see him "break" and become radicalized. See how him and T'Chaka shared different views and we could see Killmonger's plan with Klaue was truly a long con. He met him years ago. Also as a way to show how even though both are smart they do not so smart things because they can't control their rage.

BANNED

I wouldn't mind a Killmonger prequel. However, it would be a Godfather II style film in structure that focuses on N'Jobu's transition to War Dog as well. We could see him "break" and become radicalized. See how him and T'Chaka shared different views and we could see Killmonger's plan with Klaue was truly a long con. He met him years ago. Also as a way to show how even though both are smart they do not so smart things because they can't control their rage.
    There is so much potential to be be tapped moving forward where the BP franchise is concerned. Let's hope Marvel/Disney stay the course.

Incredible Member

Top 10

1.The Dark Knight
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Supeman (78)
    4. Avengers
    5. Batman Begins
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    10. X-Men First Class
    This is the most trash ranking ever.
    Batman Begins? No
    Guardians of the Galaxy? no
    X-Men First Class???!!! HELL NOO!

To be clear I like all of those movies but those three are blatant "No's" to me.
    Superman 78'? are we going by nostalgia here?

Incredible Member

Well I believe Superman belongs on the list, because

1. It was a good movies
    2. It's the first one
    3. It was the first to be successful
    4. Even Kevin Fiege uses it as a reference on how to make current Marvel movies.

Days of Future Past is way better than First Class. Logan should be above The Dark Knight. Batman Begins is a better comic book movie than Dark Knight is. Only reason Dark Knight is a good movie is because of Joker everything else surrounding the moive is mediocre. Atleast Gotham City looks like Gotham City in BB. TDK it looks like a generic city in America.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 08-19-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    This is the most trash ranking ever.
    Batman Begins? No
    Guardians of the Galaxy? no
    X-Men First Class???!!! HELL NOO!

To be clear I like all of those movies but those three are blatant "No's" to me.
    Superman 78'? are we going by nostalgia here?
    Superman deserves to be on that list. For it's time it was ground breaking.

Honestly I think BP is ranked too low, but these sort of lists are just opinions. Ask 10 different people and you potentiall get 10 different lists.

I'm wondering if they are working on side project together or just doing more promotion for BP.