Page 172 of 357 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5350
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I really don't think BP needs characters or a villain that ties to the rest of the MCU to feel important. Instead, make BP, Wakanda and his mythos important. The MCU is already doing that a little bit, and the seeds have been laid.

Start pushing Wakanda as the new world superpower in the MCU which naturally makes people uneasy. Make his villains bigger than they usually are in the comics and give them a wider reach. Someone mentioned it yesterday that Killmonger's mission when we was king was acknowledged by Wakadan War Dogs in New York, London and Hong Kong. Address that one way or the other (hoping Coogler doesn't forget about that one way or the other) Wakandan spies should be something that makes SHIELD nervous (if they find out about them). Have T'Challa as a main player of the new Avengers, and have Nakia show up in a Black Widow movie (or better yet, put Natasha in a Nakia movie). There's so much you can do to make T'Challa and Wakanda feel very important to the MCU without borrowing villains and characters and having his movies being just another episode leading up to the season finale.

I think T'Challa taking on some kind of cabal or organisation would be fun, though it may lead to underdeveloped villains. Say figures of the neighbouring countries of Wakanda have conspired against the Black Panther. Princess Zanda, Achebe, Moses Magnum, M'Butu all working together, inflitrating Wakanda's refugee programs, outreach centres and so on with the backing of Western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Start pushing Wakanda as the new world superpower in the MCU which naturally makes people uneasy. .
    Let's be honest...

more than alien armies, living breathing Norse gods roaming around, super soldiers, evil robots, good robots/cyborgs/androids, supersoldiers, hydra, purple thumb guy...

the scariest thing to white America, Europe, China, Japan would be an African super power country lead by a black super hero king surrounded by bad ass black woman with a super metal, weapons, and tech beyond their wildest dreams.

especially after they politely inquire about getting some of those precious resources and T'challa just goes, "no"

Infiltrating Wakanda somehow would be priority number 1
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They can use Kiber, Zanda, Venomm, Macabre, or even the Six Million Year Man.

Killmonger wasn't exactly lighting up the charts with name recognition prior to February of this year. In fact MOST Marvel villains are characters general audiences have never heard of unless Spider-Man fought them. Loki, Red Skull, and Thanos are arguably the only MU characters that 80+% of people seeing these movies has likely ever heard of.

So no, BP doesn't need to borrow anyone else's villains. Especially not Kraven.

I'd take a JJ Jameson cameo though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

Killmonger wasn't exactly lighting up the charts with name recognition prior to February of this year. In fact MOST Marvel villains are characters general audiences have never heard of unless Spider-Man fought them. Loki, Red Skull, and Thanos are arguably the only MU characters that 80+% of people seeing these movies has likely ever heard of.

And even then, Spider-Man just did a movie with Vulture, whcih no one has head off.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whats with the doubt? Some marvel movies did half of what BP did and still got sequels, Every movie he had appeared in has done a billy including his own movie, and not even IW could match BP domestically.. pretty sure it will pay off..
    My doubt is with the execs who would think the success of this might just be a fluke or the fact that they might not want to put much more effort on the sequel despite the success of the first.

Sorry but I don't trust movie execs in general.

Let's not see the use of other villain from other franchises as a detriment to the BP mythos. While not in the movies, The Kingpin is primarily a Spider-Man villain but has been mainly prominent with daredevil which resulted in one of the best Daredevil stories ever told.

I will still stick with Achebe, Moses Magnum and maybe M'Butu as villains if they really insist focusing on BP alone. Never been a fan of Baron Macabre or Venomm to be honest. I can see the use of Kiber to but that will depend on the story.

I think the problem with BP villains is prominence. Unlike Iron Man, Thor and Captain who have villains that relatively known, majority of his villains don't come close to the characters listed here let's be honest and haven't been used consistently over the past years. Same with Captain Marvel who doesn't have well known villains and has to rely on Skrulls as villains but kind of makes sense especially if they are partially following the Kree-Skrull storyline.

They still need to figure out the story as a template before inserting the villains.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-17-2018 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    My doubt is with the execs who would think the success of this might just be a fluke or the fact that they might not want to put much more effort on the sequel despite the success of the first.

Sorry but I don't trust movie execs in general.
    I dont trust them either, but... with Coogler back, and chadwick and lupita and danai ect... i don't think the execs have a ton of control here.

Coogler had enough pull before the BP movie to do what he did. He now has 1.3 billion times the pull lol

Let's just hope the "1.3 billion" pays off for the further sequels
    This doesn't make a lick of sense lol, but it's ok to be miserable. I ain't mad at ya.

1.3 billy already paid off by opening the doors to A-list stardom on a global scale. What racists do or try to do to the character or Coogler is an ongoing battle that started long before Feburary 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Let's be honest...

more than alien armies, living breathing Norse gods roaming around, super soldiers, evil robots, good robots/cyborgs/androids, supersoldiers, hydra, purple thumb guy...

the scariest thing to white America, Europe, China, Japan would be an African super power country lead by a black super hero king surrounded by bad ass black woman with a super metal, weapons, and tech beyond their wildest dreams.

especially after they politely inquire about getting some of those precious resources and T'challa just goes, "no"

Infiltrating Wakanda somehow would be priority number 1
    Given what happened with Killmonger, it should almost be a given they are going to want to infiltrate Wakanda as a matter of global securtiy. Wakanda went within an eye lash of literally going to war with the entire planet.

The world of course doesn't necessarily know about it, but presumably Ross is going to have to report what happened to his superiors and that will give a lot of people reason to worry. Especially if T'Challa is again off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

I doubt it's a matter of need. Marvel movies at this point will do well no matter what. BP in particular.

Really what villains are used I think are purely a matter of what villains the writer/director want to use. If Coogler wants to use a BP rogue he will, and if he wants to borrow a villain from somewhere else he will (if he can... obviously issues of Sony or Fox rights potentially can still come into play).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given what happened with Killmonger, it should almost be a given they are going to want to infiltrate Wakanda as a matter of global securtiy. Wakanda went within an eye lash of literally going to war with the entire planet.
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. global security. WMDs. maybe Wakanda needs some freedom from a tyrannical king

not natural resources. unimportant.

The world of course doesn't necessarily know about it, but presumably Ross is going to have to report what happened to his superiors and that will give a lot of people reason to worry. Especially if T'Challa is again off the board.
    Not unless you heel turn Ross.

The whole point of their relationship is that they scratched each others back. T'challa gave him zemo to keep Kitty Suit T'challa a secret. T'challa saved his life and in turn, i'd imagine, Ross keeps this secret.

That was the entire point of T'challa bringing Ross to Wakanda, despite Okoye's protests. It was T'challa opening up and doing what is right despite the risk
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-17-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This doesn't make a lick of sense lol, but it's ok to be miserable. I ain't mad at ya.

1.3 billy already paid off by opening the doors to A-list stardom on a global scale. What racists do or try to do to the character or Coogler is an ongoing battle that started long before Feburary 2018.
    I'm talking about the sequel(s) that will come after not the actors. I'm not confident with execs and their decisions especially with how they treat franchises in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. global security. WMDs. maybe Wakanda needs some freedom from a tyrannical king

not natural resources. unimportant.

Not unless you heel turn Ross.

The whole point of their relationship is that they scratched each others back. T'challa gave him zemo to keep Kitty Suit T'challa a secret. T'challa saved his life and in turn, i'd imagine, Ross keeps this secret.

That was the entire point of T'challa bringing Ross to Wakanda, despite Okoye's protests. It was T'challa opening up and doing what is right despite the risk
    I don't think it's a heel turn. If Wakanda nearly invaded the entire planet, I think there is a legitimate issue here. This isn't some paranoid hypothetical scenario... it nearly happened.

If the roles were reversed and T'Challa found out the US was going to invade Wakanda, do you think even if it were stopped T'Challa would keep that a secret and forget about it? Or would he would prepare his country in the event it actually happened next time? Friendship is friendship... but let's be real here. These are people with jobs and obligations to their own people.

I'm talking about the sequel(s) that will come after not the actors. I'm not confident with execs and their decisions especially with how they treat franchises in general.
    I know; the treatment of the character (T'Challa) and Coogler (the director who makes creative decisions) by the racists (executives) is who i was identifying.

But that stigma is going to be there regardless of whether an asian water man in a speedo is in BP2. 1.3 billy in a self-contained movie adored by the public was and is the best defense against **** treatment.

That's a separate argument from whether BP will have a big presence in the MCU post-Avengers 4 tho. 1.3 billy already answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's a heel turn. If Wakanda nearly invaded the entire planet, I think there is a legitimate issue here. This isn't some paranoid hypothetical scenario... it nearly happened.
    You use of language reveals so much about where your head is at in regards to the BP franchise.

Anyone, technically, Killmonger's plan involved arming oppressed populations for his own selfish goals. Something the US has never ever ever ever ever done.

Friendship is friendship... but let's be real here. These are people with jobs and obligations to their own people.
    You 100% missed the point of the Ross/T'challa relationship then. It was a microcosm of the greater issue of Wakanda opening up.

Ross's job would have entaled him telling his CIA superiors that Wakanda had a king with super powers who wears a bulletproof suit. And he didn't despite it being a "national security" thing as well.

It would be a heel turn. It would be a betrayal... which is what heels do. Like W'kabi.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-17-2018 at 07:53 AM.