Page 176 of 357 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 5350

Seems to me that the only canon Okorafor cares about are her own and the movie's. Even Coates' oh-so-important powerup of Shuri has become excess baggage.

I don't really care, anyway. I'm just sitting here waiting for the next cartoon episode/movie.

Making comic Shuri the movie Shuri doesn't work for so many reasons. I would say I hope this crashes and burns but I'm sure it won't last more than an arc.

Now suddenly all the scientific **** in Wakanda is because of Shuri
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Nnedi Okorafor's name is Nnedi Okorafor, not "Coates and his cabal." Coates isn't even credited on this. Unlike other books where his name appears associated with it or he specifically was interviewed about it, there's nothing I've seen that says he has any involvement in this.
    Which is following the same tired ole isht that Black folk's are beyond done with. Everyone wants to praise Coates name too high heavens like he redefining the character and Wakanda like Priest and Hudlin.. yet all they are doing is relying on the same isht that has been stunting Black excellence.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We gonna need an acronym for Avengers Assemble: Panthers Quest T'challa lol. That **** too long to write.

AA Panther?

PQ Panther?

RJ Panther?
    Pantherjack?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ugh that story was cringey. Cherry picking previous event's. I guess Wakanda never thought to take to the stars even though N'Yami mother ships have space capabilities, SWII had Wakanda looking to the stars.. I mean this story is all over the place continuity wise. Not feeling the world is me I was born the wrong gender. That's stupid and the mythos has made a point to show equality

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We gonna need an acronym for Avengers Assemble: Panthers Quest T'challa lol. That **** too long to write.

AA Panther?

PQ Panther?

RJ Panther?
    Avengers Assemble: WBPGYPTD (Where Black Panther Grants YOU Permission to Die)

Avengers Assemble: In the Heat of Wakanda (where outsiders get their behind whoops all the day Longggggggggg)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm a bit blind here because I didn't want to pay for this story, so I'm not reading it. Shuri did have a bit of chip on her shoulder when she started. I guess it was more of an age thing than a gender thing? Just a T'Challa got it first type thing?

The weird thing is it isn't the movie continuity (where Shuri seems well-adjusted) or current Coates continuity (where she's definitely found a place different from T'Challa). It feels almost, based on descriptions, that it's a second-hand interpretation of Hudlin's continuity. Either way, it seems weird.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm a bit blind here because I didn't want to pay for this story, so I'm not reading it. Shuri did have a bit of chip on her shoulder when she started. I guess it was more of an age thing than a gender thing? Just a T'Challa got it first type thing?

The weird thing is it isn't the movie continuity (where Shuri seems well-adjusted) or current Coates continuity (where she's definitely found a place different from T'Challa). It feels almost, based on descriptions, that it's a second-hand interpretation of Hudlin's continuity. Either way, it seems weird.
    To sum it up, it's Hudlin's version (the initial version) but worse as she lost all maturity and acts the age MCU Shuri (16) instead of 20 something year old Shuri who has some damn real world life experience.

Basically the worst aspects of Shuri mixed with some Coates made "women aren't equal in Wakanda despite women having influential roles throughout Wakandan history"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To sum it up, it's Hudlin's version (the initial version) but worse as she lost all maturity and acts the age MCU Shuri (16) instead of 20 something year old Shuri who has some damn real world life experience.

Basically the worst aspects of Shuri mixed with some Coates made "women aren't equal in Wakanda despite women having influential roles throughout Wakandan history"
    Women are equal in my Wakanda.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I noticed a lot of Hudlin's more petulant Shuri in the first few episodes of your show. It's a lot of fun. Obviously, the character changed over time when she became Black Panther and all that so I don't think the comic book should go back to that, but I did miss it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Youngest sibling syndrome.

Nothing to do with her sex. She got the same training as tchalla, studied abroad like tchalla, had same opportunity to win BP title but got beat to the punch.

She became bp and queen without issue. There is nothing to suggest she was treated any different than tchalla.

Coates even showee female rulers in season 2 indo believe
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Pantherjack?
    Yes! You win
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I noticed a lot of Hudlin's more petulant Shuri in the first few episodes of your show. It's a lot of fun. Obviously, the character changed over time when she became Black Panther and all that so I don't think the comic book should go back to that, but I did miss it.
    We're not emulating anything any other writer or series did. The nod to Reggie's Black Panther series was an easter egg for the deep fans. There won't be any more of those. You will not find any one-to-one relationship between this series and any other version. Any similarities are because we all drew from the same source material. Reggie introduced Shuri and I loved her so I knew she would be in. Marvel also wanted her in, prior to me showing up, probably because they knew she was big in the upcoming movie. We didn't.

She's played the way she is because T'Challa is not a wisecracking hero like Spider-Man or Iron Man. He's also not grim-funny like Batman. He's stoic and sensible. While he does joke sometimes in the show, it's not something i encouraged. He doesn't gloat. Shuri is lighter than T'Challa because she has far fewer responsibilities. He's the king; she's the princess. her job is just more fun than his as is her life in general. She sees adventuring as fun, first, and necessary second. For T'Challa nearly all actions are based entirely on his sense of duty to his nation. Someone has to contrast that demeanor or no one watches the show.

The age split between them is smaller than elsewhere.Our Shuri is older than previously portrayed and T'Challa is younger. as is Hunter. this isn't accidental.

That said, Shuri, like all the characters in this season, has an arc. She begins in one place, takes a journey and ends in QUITE another.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    We're not emulating anything any other writer or series did. The nod to Reggie's Black Panther series was an easter egg for the deep fans. There won't be any more of those. You will not find any one-to-one relationship between this series and any other version. Any similarities are because we all drew from the same source material. Reggie introduced Shuri and I loved her so I knew she would be in. Marvel also wanted her in, prior to me showing up, probably because they knew she was big in the upcoming movie. We didn't.

She's played the way she is because T'Challa is not a wisecracking hero like Spider-Man or Iron Man. He's also not grim-funny like Batman. He's stoic and sensible. While he does joke sometimes in the show, it's not something i encouraged. He doesn't gloat. Shuri is lighter than T'Challa because she has far fewer responsibilities. He's the king; she's the princess. her job is just more fun than his as is her life in general. She sees adventuring as fun, first, and necessary second. For T'Challa nearly all actions are based entirely on his sense of duty to his nation. Someone has to contrast that demeanor or no one watches the show.

The age split between them is smaller than elsewhere.Our Shuri is older than previously portrayed and T'Challa is younger. as is Hunter. this isn't accidental.

That said, Shuri, like all the characters in this season, has an arc. She begins in one place, takes a journey and ends in QUITE another.
    Though I am sad that there won't be any other Easter eggs or nods, I understand the need to carve your own path and make this T'Challa your own (which you have already done a great job at it already) I am excited to see what kind of tech and crazy feats you have Tchalla whip out this season. Hopefully Marvel green lights another season of this or BPs own spin off series

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ugh that story was cringey. Cherry picking previous event's. I guess Wakanda never thought to take to the stars even though N'Yami mother ships have space capabilities, SWII had Wakanda looking to the stars.. I mean this story is all over the place continuity wise. Not feeling the world is me I was born the wrong gender. That's stupid and the mythos has made a point to show equality
    That was why I said the disrespected Hudlin. They went to the moon for a honeymoon tour is a ship. Lol