Page 127 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's become the cool thing to "hate" the movie.

Not to mention there's this false narrative going around that if you disliked the movie you will be called racist.

Although, there does seem to be a stronger push back against BP than I've seen for most movies.

Probably because it's a 'black movie"
    I don't think it's even hate.

When something blows up, you'll start seeing it referenced in things like Family Guy or South Park or SNL or whatever. I'd almost say you haven't really made it big until mainstream comedy outlets starts using you for material. If anything, I think it's a good sign... and though I haven't seen it I'm assuming it's all in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This just means we made it to the top of the mountain.

You don't parody/rip irrelevance
    Exactly, that's how I saw it too, and thing is, the movie didn't made what it did due to some sort of obligation or over hype. That stuff gives you big opening numbers that quickly fall off the following week. The records BP broke are due to it being the GOAT superhero movie

Lowkey, people just mad many black kids look at Black Panther the same way many white kids look at the Dark Knight, and that BP backers have a greater argument with critical ratings and box office. BP being the new holy grail of superhero movies triggers as much emotion as Captain America referring to Black Panther as "boss" in the last Avenger's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    rotton tomatoes, metacritic, cinemascore, box office.

Quantitatively, qualitatively, however they want to cut, slice, or dice it:

GOAT superhero movie.

Small correction $BILLY$ GOAT superhero movie 😉

Lowkey, people just mad many black kids look at Black Panther the same way many white kids look at the Dark Knight, and that BP backers have a greater argument with critical ratings and box office. BP being the new holy grail of superhero movies triggers as much emotion as Captain America referring to Black Panther as "boss" in the last Avenger's issue.
    The bolded, I've always wondered...do people expect black kids to look to white heroes and like it just fine? If they have no choice sure, but when they do, why is it a problem? Rhetorical, its just funny how only black kids aren't supposed to look up to heroes who look like them and are cool to boot.

I just think its nuts that Party City has a "black panther" tab when selecting by costume categories.

I mean... holy moly man.

Target has BP, Killmonger, and Dora costumes for Bast sake!

And the cartoon is the next step. Cartoons are freaking huge.

Movie, Merch, Cartoons... a big video game is the next frontier BP must tackle if he wants to get closer to the Batman/Spider-Man peak in the superhero world.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-28-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther Movie... Bah Humbug!!!

Uncle Ruckus should be added to the Black Panther rogues gallery ASAP!

Redjack... You're on the clock see to it!

I just think its nuts that Party City has a "black panther" tab when selecting by costume categories.

I mean... holy moly man.

Movie, Merch, Cartoons... a big video game is the next frontier BP must tackle if he wants to get closer to the Batman/Spider-Man peak in the superhero world.
    I was just at Target and I live in a predominantly white state, yet BP stuff (his habit) was nearly sold out, and Kilmongers suit was almost sold out as well. Meanwhile plenty of Stark, Spidey and Cap suits to be bought.. can't fight the truth of BP

When you are at Costco buying giant sized mayonnaise because your wife made you do it and you see Black Panther Halloween costumes available in mad bulk you start checking your Infinity Gauntlet Reality Stone for defects!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Small correction $BILLY$ GOAT superhero movie 😉
    Haha facts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The bolded, I've always wondered...do people expect black kids to look to white heroes and like it just fine? If they have no choice sure, but when they do, why is it a problem? Rhetorical, its just funny how only black kids aren't supposed to look up to heroes who look like them and are cool to boot.
    Yea it's puzzling, especially when they try to bring race into it for Black Panther, but then act like the Dark Knight isn't held as this holy grail movie in part because of how it made white male comic book nerds cream their pants. Which isn't to say black people couldn't like TDK, or white people couldn't like BP (or men couldn't like Wonder Woman) but the selective noise when the titular character is black is what i find laughable. It's like a role reversal and some on the other end of that spectrum for the first time just don't know how to act.

I mean... holy moly man.

Yup, you and I were talking about this a couple years ago, and here BP is about to go 3 for 4 if this cartoon comes through as expected.

Gotta get that AAA game and show God of War and Spider-Man how it's done

Yup, you and I were talking about this a couple years ago, and here BP is about to go 3 for 4 if this cartoon comes through as expected.

Gotta get that AAA game and show God of War and Spider-Man how it's done
    That will be really tough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Tougher than 1.3 billion?

Let's take a vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'd argue it would be tougher to get this approved with executives and Disney/top video game companies.

The process of making a game like this would be the same as it is for every other AAA game. Spider-Man, Destiny, God of War, Anthem etc. etc.

The real battle is just getting this greenlit
    The J-man

Tougher than 1.3 billion?

Let's take a vote!
    Just making the game itself as God of War and Spider-Man are critically acclaimed with the latter being declared as the best superhero game ever made.

Even with the box office numbers, execs wont be that confident with a stand alone game and like I said few posts ago, they probably have other heroes that have been considered before BP in terms of video games.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-28-2018 at 03:38 PM.