Page 25 of 357 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Just bought a Black Panther Beanie Baby...

If you want to take it from me you will have to throw me over Warriors Waterfall ever so gently!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Secret avengers I would have a hard time seeing Tchalla logically joining such a team. It would almost be like he was doing shields bidding.

[/B]
    He woudln't be joining the team, he would be running it. Big difference and an important difference because of the nature of the team.

If the ultimates goal is to stop cosmic threats before they get to earth... Secret Avengers would be stopping earth based threats before they become an issue.

Essentially, X-force but with Avengers.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is why Blue Marvel would be a perfect match. I think Adam brings a certain amount of heft and threat if there are Reed/Doom level issues. It's presents something that we haven't seen regularly and would be a dynamic pairing.
    See, I don't see Adam as a perfect match.

1, they seemingly don't even like each other much

2, Adam's brain steps on T'challa's thing in this relationship a bit unless you clearly write T'challa as being smarter, which Ewing never did. He said they were just better at different things.

Bats and Supes work together because they are both strong willed, one is hope and one is doom and gloom, one is day one is night, one is human one is indestructable, one is the brain one is the muscle

Plus they are both the biggest characters at DC, so it FEELS big.

World's finest candidates, IMHO

1. T'challa and Thor

- Already mentioned before. This works almost TOO well. They may be too much alive (both too noble) for it to work. powerset wise it is perfect. I think them being similar might make it very interesting but not in the "constantly fighting with each other" interesting. plus, T'challa is super serious a lot of times and Thor can be written as a loveable doofus if you want.

2. T'challa and Namor

- Take the above but add in Namor's snark. This only works if you somehow mend this relationship, but idk if that is possible.

3. T'challa and Strange

- Different kind of "brawn" from Strange. This is an underrated duo. Only problem is personalities. Both are rather "speak less and wise" types

4. T'challa and Black Bolt

- the murder bros strike again! possible personality issues though due to both characters not being the chatty types

5. T'challa and Carol

- This works too well. Carol's brashness clashes with T'challa's "take a step back and analyze." powersets work perfectly. But nobody including myself likes carol so gross

6. T'challa and Adam

- already mentioned

7. T'challa and Hulk

- how would T'challa contain banner when the time came? how would he unleash him? This could be interesting as hell honestly.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

5. T'challa and Carol

- This works too well. Carol's brashness clashes with T'challa's "take a step back and analyze." powersets work perfectly. But nobody including myself likes carol so gross
    LOL So True!

Your post has me thinking though; all these match ups seem really cool. It makes me not want to see a "World's Finest", but I do want to see a "Wakanda Two in One, or Wakanda Team Up" and see T'Challa with a different hero each issue.

Someone make that happen please!

Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

T'challa and Thor would be a lot of fun. But like I said earlier, Fantastic Force with the four kings, and maybe the occasional team up with Silver Surfer would be my jam.

Another reason this works is because the central idea of the Fantastic Four is family. While my Force isn't family, they are all leaders and understand the idea of duty to one's people (even Doom). If forced to work together for a common goal these guys could ally even if it wasn't a permanent thing.

As world leaders they wouldn't even necessarily have to like each other if it meant protecting the world in order to protect their people. Plus just having all four of these guys to bounce off of is fun. They all have to deal with similar issues but see their roles differently, they've known each other for years, and they are all tied together by being FF "family" characters.

This is just too much of an obvious book to me.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-16-2018 at 06:01 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    LOL So True!

Your post has me thinking though; all these match ups seem really cool. It makes me not want to see a "World's Finest", but I do want to see a "Wakanda Two in One, or Wakanda Team Up" and see T'Challa with a different hero each issue.

Someone make that happen please!

I don't think marvel does many team up books outside of "Vs" books like the upcoming Black Panther vs Deadpool and then they seem to team up Spidey and DP on occasion.

outside of that I can't think of any off the top of my head.

EDIT: im an idiot though, Gambit and Rogue have a book currently
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-16-2018 at 06:04 AM.

I don't think marvel does many team up books outside of "Vs" books like the upcoming Black Panther vs Deadpool and then they seem to team up Spidey and DP on occasion.

outside of that I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    I wish someone would have run with my idea of doing a Spy-vs-Spy style back up during New Avengers/Time Runs Out with Black Panther and Namor.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wish someone would have run with my idea of doing a Spy-vs-Spy style back up during New Avengers/Time Runs Out with Black Panther and Namor.
    Definitely should have been something.

Atlantis vs Wakanda should have been a big deal. The whole world would have been watching.

watching Infinity War the other day, I had a random thought- what if T'Challa created a War Machine armor for Jim Rhodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    watching Infinity War the other day, I had a random thought- what if T'Challa created a War Machine armor for Jim Rhodes?
    Pretty sure it is where Stark got the tech for him new armor.

In the MCU?

He doesn't do that kind of thing. He's got people for that.

I rather they upgraded Falcon thought. Less military more futuristic kinda like Avengers Assemble cartoon.

I can totally see Shuri ungrading the tech and gear for the surviving Avengers in the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Some see Adam as "d-list" so forget this ever happening.

Same detractors "prayed that Shuri would be killed so that posters like myself would dissappear."

Years later, Shuri becomes the breakout character in the Black Panther blockbuster movie and I'm still here posting.

It's funny how things work out in the long run. Lol!
    I get where your coming from Maj. However, it seems that most people who actually are interested in Blue Marvel are only interested in him because he is Uber Powerful, Uber Smart, or Both.

They ignore the fact that while the most popular heroes get to start out and are known for standing up for their beliefs in the face of adversary, the single most powerful Black Male hero at marvel is instead told to, "go sit is Bl@(& A$$ down" (please excuse my french)and he all but say's "Yes Sir Masta" and did it. That concept is kinda hard to hop on board with for some readers. Especially, at first glance. Since on top of that he has all the appearances of another copy of a popular character in comicdom and/or a Mary Sue. (Not Saying he is either of those, just stating the obvious)

Granted, I fully acknowledge that in the comic medium we are handed a multitude of Neutered Black Male Characters that a lot of us cling to because there is little to offer and I can see why some would get excited for a character of Blue Marvels stature. But I for one can't get behind him. I tend to like more mid-tier and street level characters to begin with. That and Marvel's Royalty. Bring in a guy like Blue Marvel with the baggage of being a continuity transplant and I am immediately turned off by the thought of him.

I imagine most people either feel the same on at least some of these things or others like it. Otherwise the character would have a stronger hold on the foot he is casually being scooted out the door with.

That's just my 2 cents. I am in agreement with you in just about all things Black Panther and T'Challa but this Blue Marvel thing....different strokes I guess.

As to the actual topic I would like to see either:

T'Challa and Falcon

T'Challa and Thor

Do a World's Finest type deal. If Marvel could give Namor equal footing/billing with T'Challa I would replace him with Thor in a heart beat.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-16-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

See, I don't see Adam as a perfect match.

1, they seemingly don't even like each other much

2, Adam's brain steps on T'challa's thing in this relationship a bit unless you clearly write T'challa as being smarter, which Ewing never did. He said they were just better at different things.

Bats and Supes work together because they are both strong willed, one is hope and one is doom and gloom, one is day one is night, one is human one is indestructable, one is the brain one is the muscle

Plus they are both the biggest characters at DC, so it FEELS big.

World's finest candidates, IMHO

1. T'challa and Thor

- Already mentioned before. This works almost TOO well. They may be too much alive (both too noble) for it to work. powerset wise it is perfect. I think them being similar might make it very interesting but not in the "constantly fighting with each other" interesting. plus, T'challa is super serious a lot of times and Thor can be written as a loveable doofus if you want.

2. T'challa and Namor

- Take the above but add in Namor's snark. This only works if you somehow mend this relationship, but idk if that is possible.

3. T'challa and Strange

- Different kind of "brawn" from Strange. This is an underrated duo. Only problem is personalities. Both are rather "speak less and wise" types

4. T'challa and Black Bolt

- the murder bros strike again! possible personality issues though due to both characters not being the chatty types

5. T'challa and Carol

6. T'challa and Adam

- already mentioned

7. T'challa and Hulk

- how would T'challa contain banner when the time came? how would he unleash him? This could be interesting as hell honestly.
    I would be down for all of them really. I think that BP and BM m you take the route of full on huge action that requires the Brain from both, with Them having different approaches to the situation and clashing because Tchalla is more willing to do what is necessary then BM

Aaron is stepping out of pocket. He knows Wakandans prey to Storm now. Lol