Page 209 of 357 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    first off I love that cartoon. secondly, for me at least, I dont see tchalla and the wakandan defenses alone being able to deal with the ants. maybe the lower ranking soldiers but as you start getting closer to the royal guard and king it would be a wrap for the wakandans. they are just too fast and powerful.

I thought there was a meeting where all the reps across wakanda met after tchalla agreed that he alone couldn't make the decisions. it's been a while sense I read the story so I will have to check it out again but ur points sound fair. for me I found God writing of wakanda very engaging and this was before all the goddess stuff before u decide to go there lol
    There was a meeting. And it looked exactly like the tribal council that already existed. It took a year to get back to where we were a decade ago. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    first off I love that cartoon. secondly, for me at least, I dont see tchalla and the wakandan defenses alone being able to deal with the ants. maybe the lower ranking soldiers but as you start getting closer to the royal guard and king it would be a wrap for the wakandans. they are just too fast and powerful.
    True, the Ants are beasts. But I like to think they could still take them without help. The Hunters didn't have much technology and thats where Wakandans thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Call in Monica and Adam for the Pika and King. Based on what Killua and Knuckle were able to do, I think Tchalla can take the other two royal guards.
    If the mute zone gets wiped out, I'm sure WK has something as powerful as a poor man's rose.
    Yup. Thats what i was thinking too. End of the day it came down to technology (poor man's rose) not fighting skill or superpowers. So if push comes to shove I guess they could drop some thermonuclear vibranium bomb on em.

Throughout this entire re-watch of the anime I kept thinking "How would T'challa deal with this". Now i really wanna see an anime where the Phantom Troupe tries to steal all of Wakandas vibranium.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Call in Monica and Adam for the Pika and King. Based on what Killua and Knuckle were able to do, I think Tchalla can take the other two royal guards.
    If the mute zone gets wiped out, I'm sure WK has something as powerful as a poor man's rose.
    Would the White Tiger God be of assistance? I am not too verse on Hunter x Hunter..only saw the clips of the Ant King's battle with the old guy on Youtube and the Ant King's assistant putting the fear of god in an upstart just by projecting an aura-poor guy started to apologize.
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 11-02-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you like street level stuff, it is very entertaining and well written.

the premise is dumb as hell, but if you get past that... T'challa was written very close to Priest T'challa with a dash of Hudlin's swag. It was a very very good T'challa, very dumb premise lol.

The last arc is one of my favorites.

Probably came up before lol.

But yeah, this is how you would have made Shuri her own character. This is some "The Vision" award winning type shit.

She could have been more than one of T'challa's supporting characters if you went this route.

Which brings up one of my problems with Shuri... She needs to either a) find a niche to become her own character and not just a support character or b) start supporting full time instead of stealing.

As a support character, right now, this weird version of shuri we got going on doesn't promote T'challa at all. She seemingly has cooler powers AND now is a tech genius. So is taking away from the star.

T'challa is Lebron James. You put shooters around Lebron. You give Lebron the Kevin Loves, Chris Bosh of the world and tell THEM to change their games because ITS LEBRON JAMES! You don't give Lebron James people like Larry Hughes, who do all the same shit but much worse lol.

Shuri is turning into Larry Hughes.
    This is honestly why I wasn't much of a Shuri fan in the past. The character itself is fine but for starters was underutilized early-on because a lot of Hudlin's run after WITBP turned into 'T'Challa and his amazing non-Wakandan superhero friends/wife'. So i didn't feel much investment/importance from Shuri as a support character, then by making her the new shock-value BP it felt like going from one extreme (under-utilization) to another (encroachment).

The movie was the first time i ever felt that they really complimented each other, maybe ever. And that was because they gave her a clearly defined support role. In the comics, it seems like she was meant to be her own character, which is fine (so more Nightwing than Robin), but literally making her BP, or making her "Pragmatic Shuri" -which is essentially KotD T'Challa 2.0- is just lazy copycat shit, and creates an unnecessary conflict of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Here's a random question for any of you who happen to also be HunterXHunter fans; I've been re-watching the anime and I'm curious how you think T'challa would handle a Chimera Ant outbreak if that happened in Wakanda. Obviously if a Chimera Ant Queen showed up in a major city like Birnin Zana she would be killed before she could lay one egg. But if it broke out in like a mute zone village in the middle of nowhere and T'challa only got wind of it once the royal guard had hatched how do you think he would handle it?

With something like a zombie outbreak I think the Wakandans could clean that shit up over a weekend, but Chimera Ants!!?? I'm thinking he might need to call in the Avengers for back up at that point.
    The same way netero handled meruem. Blow then away with a special Vibranium bomb designed to target only chimera ants and their unique DNA code similar to how the x gene has been targeted.

Thing is, T'Challa has faced greater foes then the ants and bigger armies. Wakanda has faced and destroyed the black order skrulls and Atlanteans. He would out prep them rather them rather then simply out punch them
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-02-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whats worse, is in season 1, when Shuri comes back, Coates adds further insult by claiming Shuri is the pragmatic one and T'Challa wears his heart on his sleeve (seriously this dude had to TRY and be this ignorant) and then makes the most disgusting showing I have ever witnessed of Shuri in having her tell the old lady that her and her grand daughter should of accepted their raping and eventual death all for Wakanda to still stand.. Shuri the one who has never taken the loss of Wakandan life lightly, is telling a woman to be raped and killed for Wakanda... That right there was the biggest insult and I am shocked at how many Shuri fans let that isht slide
    Shuri: "What's all this big fuss about? Women get raped everyday, b! Wakanda Forever!!"

Me: oooh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Would the White Tiger God be of assistance? I am not too verse on Hunter x Hunter..only saw the clips of the Ant King's battle with the old guy on Youtube and the Ant King's assistant putting the fear of god in an upstart just by projecting an aura-poor guy started to apologize.
    That is a solid idea. If Tchalla could use that power like an enchanter, he might be able to fight even with King.

So I'm wondering what everyone's theories are in regards to the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. As in how we got to this point to begin with? Can we assume that this story is set in the future since nuNakia says she was raised on the chronicles of T'challa and the stories we hear are things we've seen T'challa do?

If that's the case then the beginning of each issue (2000 years ago a detachment of Wakandans etc etc) could be a misdirect, since maybe its not 2000 years before the current time in the MU, but rather 2000 years from this future timeline we're in. If thats the case then the detachment of wakandans could have left Earth in the present day MU or a near future date.

Also are you guys assuming that the N'jadaka is the Killmonger we know from the normal timeline and not some random new guy just using the name.

And if so how did N'jadaka get into the future and become Emperor? Is this some kinda weird reverse Samurai Jack situation (instead of sending the hero to the future) N'jadaka opened the worm hole and sent himself into the future?

I know we're all in the dark, but I'm wondering what the prevailing theories are. Time Travel? Alternate Realities?

The same way netero handled meruem. Blow then away with a special Vibranium bomb designed to target only chimera ants and their unique DNA code similar to how the x gene has been targeted.

Thing is, T'Challa has faced greater foes then the ants and bigger armies. Wakanda has faced and destroyed the black order skrulls and Atlanteans. He would out prep them rather them rather then simply out punch them
    Yup that makes sense. He would need to develop it quickly though. The problem with the Ants unlike the Skrulls, Atlanteans and Black Order is that they multiply quickly. Its a time sensitive scenario kinda like Zombies. The longer you take to develop a virus the more people they kill and the more people they kill the larger their army gets. And they can also learn and evolve over time becoming exponentially more powerful. Oh, and since every ant is created using different creatures, nailing the DNA code might prove trickier than expected.

So I'm wondering what everyone's theories are in regards to the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. As in how we got to this point to begin with? Can we assume that this story is set in the future since nuNakia says she was raised on the chronicles of T'challa and the stories we hear are things we've seen T'challa do?

If that's the case then the beginning of each issue (2000 years ago a detachment of Wakandans etc etc) could be a misdirect, since maybe its not 2000 years before the current time in the MU, but rather 2000 years from this future timeline we're in. If thats the case then the detachment of wakandans could have left Earth in the present day MU or a near future date.

Also are you guys assuming that the N'jadaka is the Killmonger we know from the normal timeline and not some random new guy just using the name.

And if so how did N'jadaka get into the future and become Emperor? Is this some kinda weird reverse Samurai Jack situation (instead of sending the hero to the future) N'jadaka opened the worm hole and sent himself into the future?

I know we're all in the dark, but I'm wondering what the prevailing theories are. Time Travel? Alternate Realities?
    It seems like the future, but original solicits and articles hinted towards the multiverse. Aaron commented that this is supposed to be happening now, so my early theory was that Wakandas went back in time and Tchalla got transported to the empire in present day. But the time skips don't support that.
    I think the safe assumption is to wait for the end because Marvel tends to make changes along the way. Especially now that they're trying to insert movie elements. I just assume they had an idea, but have been making changes as they go and early issues and articles mean nothing.

Y'all are seriously low balling Tchalla here. Hunter x Hunter, despite Their powers, are still human, some are peak human, but none of the feats (save netero and Gon when he went ape shit on Pika) are really out of the range of what T'Challa can do. The King was strong but he wasn't a god or Demi god, he got blown to pieces by a bomb. T'Challa has faced literal gods and Demi gods and tanked cosmic blasts to the face and survived Wakanda vs the King Royal guards and Chimera ants would be a curb stomp...the ants wouldn't stand a chance

Yup that makes sense. He would need to develop it quickly though. The problem with the Ants unlike the Skrulls, Atlanteans and Black Order is that they multiply quickly. Its a time sensitive scenario kinda like Zombies. The longer you take to develop a virus the more people they kill and the more people they kill the larger their army gets. And they can also learn and evolve over time becoming exponentially more powerful. Oh, and since every ant is created using different creatures, nailing the DNA code might prove trickier than expected.
    The only way they would be a legitimate threat (remember though they do multiply quickly, they are still weak in terms of the firepower Wakanda has) would be for them to kill and eat actual enhanced heroes. So like of they took out say the Nova Corp or super skrulls that would prove to be trickier. But even so, T'Challa could have carpet bomb them and for the bigger threats whip out N'Yami mother ships or the prowlers.

I can only see this being a "tough" fight if we went the SWaD route. It would be epic and fun, and yes Tchalla could take on and defeat meruem

Time Travel? Alternate Realities?
    At Marvel, Time travel and alternate realities are the same thing.

Which is why Doom's time machine is so special because it actually travels in the same universe.

99.9% of time travel is just "one possible future." That is how Marvel keep telling future stories over and over and over again and they are all different.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The only way they would be a legitimate threat (remember though they do multiply quickly, they are still weak in terms of the firepower Wakanda has) would be for them to kill and eat actual enhanced heroes. So like of they took out say the Nova Corp or super skrulls that would prove to be trickier. But even so, T'Challa could have carpet bomb them and for the bigger threats whip out N'Yami mother ships or the prowlers.

I can only see this being a "tough" fight if we went the SWaD route. It would be epic and fun, and yes Tchalla could take on and defeat meruem
    Ah yes, I forgot they only became an extinction level threat once they started consuming enhanced people. I was assuming for this example that it was the same group of ants from the show (Nen and all). Does that change things for you? Remember the kind of abilities mid-level ants had: Cheetu could transport his enemies into a pocket dimension where you have play a game of tag against him to escape. Leol can borrow other people’s abilities like that Water-bender tsunami wave thing he was using. When Meleoron holds his breath he’s not just invisible but also imperceivable by any means, you wouldn’t even know if you were touching him. That’s just mid tier ants, not royals or the king

Ah yes, I forgot they only became an extinction level threat once they started consuming enhanced people. I was assuming for this example that it was the same group of ants from the show (Nen and all). Does that change things for you? Remember the kind of abilities mid-level ants had: Cheetu could transport his enemies into a pocket dimension where you have play a game of tag against him to escape. Leol can borrow other people’s abilities like that Water-bender tsunami wave thing he was using. When Meleoron holds his breath he’s not just invisible but also imperceivable by any means, you wouldn’t even know if you were touching him. That’s just mid tier ants, not royals or the king
    Assuming that they are already developed and powered with nen or nen-like powers in the MU, then yes it would be a tougher fight, however not something that Tchalla and Wakanda couldn't handle. One thing I think is interesting about these characters is that it would really highlight T'Challas specialty, which is prep and using unorthodox method's hut the big thing here is that Wakandan tech is more advanced then anything in the hunter x Hunter world, and after analysing how their power works, I think the killing blow would be a modified nullifying weapon to stop their power from working.

Given knuckles ability to cancel out the use of nen with his ability, this is definitely possible to make a weapon to mimic that. Ultimately this could be an event like secret invasion, where I think Wakanda would be able to hold their own whereas the Avengers and like would have a harder time for their eventual win
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-02-2018 at 09:11 AM.