Page 111 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It'd be refreshing if they'd just stop the sugar-coating and spit it out: "I don't like it because he's black and I feel threatened by the symbolism cotdamn it!"

Instead of talking in riddles and getting mad when we question their make believe points
    You do realize that you ask for the impossible right. This is America , thinly veiled shade throwing is American as apple pie. It ain't going away anytime soon!

BANNED

With the immortal Hulk vs Avengers in the next issue of Immortal Hulk: Do you think we will see the return of T'challa's Hulkbuster armor against the one true Hulk ?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I always love how acrobatic tchalla is in cartoons. Moves exactly how I would want.
    Yep very very very very obvious code

In one breath they say the Avengers should have non alist people like wasp, pym, hawkeye, witch, whatever

next breath they bitch about tchalla leading

then next breath they say tchalla isn't A list and its only because of the movie.

but if tchalla isn't a list then shouldn't they be happy becase that i what they wanted first??

There weren't no complaints int he first 7 issues where it seems like the usual triplet was going to lead...
    Like you said there were no complaints the first 7 issues, technically "synergy" would still be an issue if Cap or Tony were leading because they did so in the movies as well. It makes no sense, even if the BP movie didn't happen he'd still be a worthy candidate seeing as how he put more than enough work in.
    Last edited by 9th.; 09-21-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    With the immortal Hulk vs Avengers in the next issue of Immortal Hulk: Do you think we will see the return of T'challa's Hulkbuster armor against the one true Hulk ?
    i hope T'challa is on vacation that issue.

Immortal Hulk is a GD savage
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You do realize that you ask for the impossible right. This is America , thinly veiled shade throwing is American as apple pie. It ain't going away anytime soon!

I'm happy for Ewing. He's the late first round draft pick that had a suprise rookie of the year season, fell off a f'ing cliff the following 3 seasons (too much partying, coke, women, and basting in his own hype), but then refocused to finally start looking like the all star many expected him to be.

Maybe its because I don't treat continuity like scripture, but I'm rather excited about seeing Nnedi's take on Shuri. I'm like half way through one of her novels and in my opinion she's an amazing writer. I wanna see her version of this character, because I never really loved previous iterations of Shuri anyway, didn't hate her either, just felt kinda meh about her. This version sounds interesting to me, and I think she could really add some fresh things in terms of world building and lore (which i feel are her biggest strengths).

I understand the criticisms some of y'all have of her writing on Wakanda Forever, and to an extent I agree with them, but personally those things are minor gripes for me. Nowhere near enough to ruin the story or my enjoyment of it.

I think she's gonna knock this out of the park.

Eternals huh?

Is it too soon to guess which characters are getting race-bent? I'll go for broke and say Sersi, the lead. I'll double down on that and say asian or light-skin biracial actress.

The rest of that vanilla cast will get that homecoming treatment no doubt but that's a given

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Maybe its because I don't treat continuity like scripture, but I'm rather excited about seeing Nnedi's take on Shuri. I'm like half way through one of her novels and in my opinion she's an amazing writer. I wanna see her version of this character, because I never really loved previous iterations of Shuri anyway, didn't hate her either, just felt kinda meh about her. This version sounds interesting to me, and I think she could really add some fresh things in terms of world building and lore (which i feel are her biggest strengths).

I understand the criticisms some of y'all have of her writing on Wakanda Forever, and to an extent I agree with them, but personally those things are minor gripes for me. Nowhere near enough to ruin the story or my enjoyment of it.

There is a big difference between not adhering strictly to continuity and changing a character who has been portrayed as a die hard warrior who always wanted to be black panther and ruler, who would do anything for Wakanda to the point she is old school like her father, a character who has never been shown to be into science/lab work (despite her phD)...

and saying she is reluctant to rule in T'challa's absence because she would rather play in a lab.

That is a total 180 for the character.

She may be an amazing novelist but as a comic writer (venomized tie in, long live the king, wakanda forever), she has been, IMO, mediocre at best.

The most interesting thing she has done are those "no tech" off the map regions of Wakanda. That was neat. Almost a lil too jabari like but neat as an idea. Didn't really turn into much but still, I could see that idea being used int he future again somewhere.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Eternals huh?

Is it too soon to guess which characters are getting race-bent? I'll go for broke and say Sersi, the lead. I'll double down on that and say asian or light-skin biracial actress.

The rest of that vanilla cast will get that homecoming treatment no doubt but that's a given
    Then watch "all" the Eternal fans fly into a rage because their childhood is ruined

There gonan be a lot of eternal fans pretty soon... lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is a big difference between not adhering strictly to continuity and changing a character who has been portrayed as a die hard warrior who always wanted to be black panther and ruler, who would do anything for Wakanda to the point she is old school like her father, a character who has never been shown to be into science/lab work (despite her phD)...

and saying she is reluctant to rule in T'challa's absence because she would rather play in a lab.

That is a total 180 for the character.

She may be an amazing novelist but as a comic writer (venomized tie in, long live the king, wakanda forever), she has been, IMO, mediocre at best.

The most interesting thing she has done are those "no tech" off the map regions of Wakanda. That was neat. Almost a lil too jabari like but neat as an idea. Didn't really turn into much but still, I could see that idea being used int he future again somewhere.
    Yeah, like I said; was never really a fan of that version of the character, so a complete 180 sounds great to me. That version always felt noticeably like a man trying to write a strong woman instead of just a strong woman.

long live the king was alright for me, nothing special. But i really liked Venomized and Wakanda Forever, so I'm hoping for the best with Shuri.

Personally I see it as Nnedi and Coates just aren't good fits for the BP mythos because they don't "get" what the mythos and the Characters represent. It's been obvious over their several attempts and even now with coates it's too late to course correct for alot of people. With Nnedi it's just been shown she doesn't care much to research the Characters or mythos and just puts the plot first to drive the Characters rather then the characters.

I think she Would do good with something like moon girl, but Black panther has shown she has a ways to go before she should try to take another crack at his world

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Personally I see it as Nnedi and Coates just aren't good fits for the BP mythos because they don't "get" what the mythos and the Characters represent. It's been obvious over their several attempts and even now with coates it's too late to course correct for alot of people. With Nnedi it's just been shown she doesn't care much to research the Characters or mythos and just puts the plot first to drive the Characters rather then the characters.

I think she Would do good with something like moon girl, but Black panther has shown she has a ways to go before she should try to take another crack at his world
    Fair enough. But frankly, the mythos and characters represent different things to different fans. There's a diversity of opinion within the fandom. I've been kinda apprehensive to share some of my opinions on this thread because it seems like y'all agree on alot stuff that I vehemently disagree on (for example: I'm in love with the Intergalactic Empire and I don't get the Storm hate, like at all).

And I really don't think Nnedi is the kinda writer that would be too lazy to research the characters or the mythos, its possible that she just didn't want to be shackled by it and wanted things to go in another direction. Thats gonna upset some people, but its also gonna make some people happy. I'm clearly in the happy camp.

From the stuff I've read of hers, I'd say Shuri is perfect for her, especially since it appears they're trying to fold in some aspects of the MCU version. I don't think she would fail at a Moongirl, she could probably do a good job. But if I was making the decisions I woulda put her on Shuri, and clearly marvel's thinking along the same lines

Alternative movie posters.

Does anyone know where you can get a Wakandan flag? I wanna put one up in my weightroom garage

And I really don't think Nnedi is the kinda writer that would be too lazy to research the characters or the mythos, its possible that she just didn't want to be shackled by it and wanted things to go in another direction. Thats gonna upset some people, but its also gonna make some people happy. I'm clearly in the happy camp.
    Here is my problem with bold

- gets Venomized panther, kills T'challa off for her own character.
    - gets a chance to write Malice, she is unrecognizable
    - gets a chance to write shuri, she is apparently going to be unrecognizable to comic Shuri

Which is worse... researching and ignoring it because you think your idea is better or not researching at all?

At what point do you go, "if you don't like anything in the mythos... go write something else and leave it alone?"