Page 117 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    M'Baku was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Actually, I don't think T'Challa ever directly encountered or fought Klaw in EMH.
    you are right how could I forget.

He wasn't even on the Masters of Evil
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is that a comic book or like an "encyclopedia" thing?
    The latter. Entries on the various nations of Marvel Earth (Wakanda gets 3 pages)

I have been able to determine that the first appearance of that image was actually somewhere else, however, specifically the CIVIL WAR BATTLE DAMAGE REPORT. But it's still not part of a story, just a photo taken at the conference:

Last edited by DigiCom; 09-23-2018 at 07:34 AM.

I'll do you one better (insert why is gamora drax joke).

How come there werent 1500 articles, comments by feige, about making the MCU more black/ethnic/POC like there are about making the MCU more (white) female because of Carol?

The energy for this Carol movie is completely different than the energy for BP. It's like they think the box office and insane merch sales were a fluke instead of realizing they have a thirsty population wanting more. I feel as if the energy for the BP movie came from outside of Disney... it came from fans and black people lol. All i really remember from Marvel was talking about how this was their best movie (which is true).

One thing working against BP promotional wise was that Ragnorak came out in Novemeber, and I think TLJ was in December right? Carol, on the other hand, pretty much as 6 months of pure Marvel build up

They went cheap with it. Embarrassing. "Find one of Coates buddies and throw some art on there and call it good."

She isn't reinventing Shuri though. She is just taking the MCU version and smashing it together.

Well, part of the problem is that the limit the BP writers to "black people only."

Then, since they had sales success with Coates, a non comic writer, they tried to do the same thing with Gay, Browne, Zenzi writer chick, Evans, guy who wrote those two issues of Long Live the King, and then Nnedi. Largely unsuccessful there IMO.

Is that a comic book or like an "encyclopedia" thing?

No. Most artist wouldn't be able to draw it. They don't even try with BP, I don't see them trying with that much more difficult suit.

It's stunning... good writers plus good art helps books? I'm stunned

My pitchfork has been sharp and ready to go. Even inside the fanbase lol.

^^^^^^

Yeah, didn't Jan or Hank fight him while M'baku was fighting T'challa?
    Whereas I kinda appreciate getting Black writer to write bp and related books. This doesn't do much good if there not actually Comic book writers, and marvel is doing it simply for cash grab from controversial or known writer's with Zero comic book experience frakking up BP with their own agendas unrelated to the elevation of Tchalla however, so it's a short sighted lazy route to take, especially when dudes like Redjack get short changed (though maybe it's a blessing in disguise because he is writing the show which will hit a larger number of new fans earlier on) who could take comic T'Challa to the next level from where Priest and Hudlin left off.

And as flex has said time and time again, BP needs to be it's own office with a point man and an editor who is going to selfishly put BP first and not just let joeshmoe off the streets deciding he doesn't understand how T'Challa can actually not take advantage of the Dora system, and puts a stop on that isht. It still baffles the mind how Marvel continues to act surprised that BP is having such a huge effect and that their not putting the Same effort they are putting into Carol into BP.

Again marvel lost the advantage of CM being the first female led superhero solo to DC and so I don't think it's going to have the same effect bas WW had and I definitely don't see her hitting BP numbers, but yet they are going ham still and neglecting their biggest solo hero by not giving him the Carol treatment essentially.

And I have said it plenty of times too. Marvel needs to make Redjack BPs point man, and I will continue to say this till it happens

My pitchfork has been sharp and ready to go. Even inside the fanbase lol.
    -Ava declining their offer bc they didnt let her have her way
    -Coogler accepting their offer only if they allowed him to have his way, including hiring his own (black) costume design, writing, and development team instead of using Marvel's.
    -Boseman refusing the T'Challa role if they were going to have him speak with a British accent
    -Boseman shitting on the "most popular" award category after Disney pressured ABC to come up with it assumingly for black panther

Lowkey the level of g-checking by black folks on disney/marvel has been hilarious. Disney just recently made the black Disney princess actually look black in wreck it Ralph after black twitter came at their neck for making her look racially ambiguous lol.

Disney is that bratty but talented sibling you gotta smack in the back of the head whenever he's having one of his "episodes" of acting an ass. No benefit of a doubt will be given

Chadwick should be gearing up his team to give Marvel that financial g-check now that his 5 picture deal is nearing closure

He needs to hit up RDJ to pass the baton of making bank off this ish

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Chadwick should be gearing up his team to give Marvel that financial g-check now that his 5 picture deal is nearing closure

He needs to hit up RDJ to pass the baton of making bank off this ish
    I think Marvel will keep him. You don't sit your 1 billy WW, 700 Milly domestic money maker, who Every movie he has appeared in has grossed a billy unless they are complete idiots, and money mouse is all about that cheddar

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I grew up with BATTLE OF THE PLANETS & STAR BLAZERS.
    I grew up on Thunderbirds 2086 and Teknoman.

They went cheap with it. Embarrassing. "Find one of Coates buddies and throw some art on there and call it good."
    Yall had a lively lil discussion about Shuri on here. Do me a favor and look up the artist assigned to that book [i already have], then let's bet on how far below 18k the book will be by issue 3. Winner picks a storm avi that the other has to wear for a full week!

spoilers:
    just kidding, the cost for losing is too great
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whereas I kinda appreciate getting Black writer to write bp and related books. This doesn't do much good if there not actually Comic book writers, and marvel is doing it simply for cash grab from controversial or known writer's with Zero comic book experience frakking up BP with their own agendas unrelated to the elevation of Tchalla however, so it's a short sighted lazy route to take, especially when dudes like Redjack get short changed (though maybe it's a blessing in disguise because he is writing the show which will hit a larger number of new fans earlier on) who could take comic T'Challa to the next level from where Priest and Hudlin left off.

And as flex has said time and time again, BP needs to be it's own office with a point man and an editor who is going to selfishly put BP first and not just let joeshmoe off the streets deciding he doesn't understand how T'Challa can actually not take advantage of the Dora system, and puts a stop on that isht. It still baffles the mind how Marvel continues to act surprised that BP is having such a huge effect and that their not putting the Same effort they are putting into Carol into BP.

Again marvel lost the advantage of CM being the first female led superhero solo to DC and so I don't think it's going to have the same effect bas WW had and I definitely don't see her hitting BP numbers, but yet they are going ham still and neglecting their biggest solo hero by not giving him the Carol treatment essentially.

And I have said it plenty of times too. Marvel needs to make Redjack BPs point man, and I will continue to say this till it happens
    Marvel gonna solve their 'diversity' problem of too many white guys by passing the baton to white women lol.

fukkin hilarious

It'll be very interesting what they do with Dr. Voodoo, Monica Rambeau, that vanilla Eternals team, and that vanilla o5 x-men that not even cbr x-men fans want to see in the mcu. MCU gonna race-bend their way to course-correcting the sins of the '1960s-2000s white-wash everything' era of Marvel Comics... all the while having to be g-checked for their own internal collection of idiots who think Wakandans should sound like John Boyega from Attack the Block.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yall had a lively lil discussion about Shuri on here. Do me a favor and look up the artist assigned to that book [i already have], then let's bet on how far below 18k the book will be by issue 3. Winner picks a storm avi that the other has to wear for a full week!

spoilers:
    just kidding, the cost for losing is too great
    end of spoilers
    Daaaaam man it's like MoS said. Cheap. It's embarrassing really, they aren't in caring about making quality memorable comics, they just want isht on the shelves.. no matter how bad it stinks.. I'ma say by issue 2 it's going to be down at 18k... With a 35k #1

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    There are no jaguars in Africa. Please don't use that name.
    Thank you.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Less than two hours till the show premiers. Who got the popcorn
    The J-man

Yeah, didn't Jan or Hank fight him while M'baku was fighting T'challa?
    Iron Man was there too. That really wasn't a good episode for Tony all around .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Jaguar may have been used as a symbol that Monger has been influenced by his time in America.

Yeah I considered that before the movie came out but after it dropped? no. He didn't make the suit and they didn't use that language in the movie. I feel as though it was a stupid toymaker that came up with the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Less than two hours till the show premiers. Who got the popcorn
    Os there any way to watch is online for those of us without The channel?