Page 105 of 357 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5350
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Blind, Mind, etc

Ok so here is the VFX breakdown for the final fight in Black Panther. I've said its better on Blu-ray it is. However, here are real actors acting out the scene and Im still surprised it didn't come out better. The OG footage looks great

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That is what I mean. Based on the description, to integrated movie Shuri and make this as light as the solicit suggest, Nnedi would have to erase everything from Dark Reign to present and start almost fresh.
    I certainly think most of it is being erased (certainly, there's no trace of the recent stuff that Coates did with the character). But I don't think a lot can be read from a solicit that doesn't address it. I mean, Kingpin appeared in a Moon Girl comic, it's possible to tone down a character for a book targeted at an audience without retconning the character.

I'm surprised they didn't make it a prequel book, tbh.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I certainly think most of it is being erased (certainly, there's no trace of the recent stuff that Coates did with the character). But I don't think a lot can be read from a solicit that doesn't address it. I mean, Kingpin appeared in a Moon Girl comic, it's possible to tone down a character for a book targeted at an audience without retconning the character.

I think the solicit for the first issue said she'd rather spend time in her lab than fighting. That was my first clue. This just supports it. lol

A review of the review. Lol
    spoilers:
    Based on that review a Black Panther can would say 9 or 10.
    end of spoilers
    As the writer of the review, can confirm. I think everyone here is going to dig it. I can't give out spoilers, but yeah, I'm excited for you all to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    As the writer of the review, can confirm. I think everyone here is going to dig it. I can't give out spoilers, but yeah, I'm excited for you all to see it.
    as the writer of the episodes and the season showrunner, I'd like to thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    as the writer of the episodes and the season showrunner, I'd like to thank you for your kind words.
    Are you writing a story for SpiderGeddon?

If you can get a Spider-Punk series going, that would be cool.

Are you writing a story for SpiderGeddon?

If you can get a Spider-Punk series going, that would be cool.
    You mean the big Spider-verse crossover thing? Not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    You mean the big Spider-verse crossover thing? Not that I know of.
    The bolded in the solicit for November?

VAULT OF SPIDERS #2 (of 2)
    RYAN NORTH, CULLEN BUNN, GEOFFREY THORNE (W)
    DAVE WILLIAMS, ADAM GORHAM and more! (A)
    COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
    We’re way past first blood—the Spider-Army needs new recruits! No one’s too weird to die for — er — serve the cause!
    Ryan North joins the cause with an incredible story starring SPIDER-MA’AM, a spider-powered Aunt May with Dave Williams (UNCANNY X-FORCE) on art!
    CULLEN BUNN (X-MEN BLUE) and TBA bring you a tale of a nightmare world where monsters roam the streets and a SPIDER-MAN strange enough to call it home! You will NEVER guess who’s under the mask!
    Geoffrey Thorne brings an all new Spider-Character to the table, with a Spider-Powered Captain Stacy! Police Officer by day, vigilante by night in a way you’ve never seen before!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Glad to see Geoffrey Thorne back. With a new character, of course, although I still want him to write a Forge book.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    SHURI #3

NNEDI OKORAFOR (W), LEONARDO ROMERO (A) Cover by SAM SPRATT

I AM...SHURI?

A little Wakandan magic, a little astral projection and a very confused tree. Shuri cast her mind into the depths of space in a desperate bid to find her missing brother--and instead she landed in the mind of Groot! Who's about to become a crunchy snack for a huge, energy-sucking alien! Rocket Raccoon's best guns won't get them out of this one. Is Wakanda about to lose its only remaining heir to the throne?!
    wait wut lol.

Maybe Nnedi gets better the farther away she gets from "normal" wakanda stuff lol

That is what I mean. Based on the description, to integrated movie Shuri and make this as light as the solicit suggest, Nnedi would have to erase everything from Dark Reign to present and start almost fresh.
    This would have been a much easier transition if Griot shuri didn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Feige/Disney needs to cut the check and make a series based on Wakanda.
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/
    I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Hell, Dani already does one TV show... I could easily see a DM focused mini on her and her crew.

Ditto for Letitta... she ain't "huge" and its not beneath her to be on streaming. Hell, then again, streaming pulls in actors like the big stream almost.

Give us a War Dog mini!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Blind, Mind, etc

Ok so here is the VFX breakdown for the final fight in Black Panther. I've said its better on Blu-ray it is. However, here are real actors acting out the scene and Im still surprised it didn't come out better. The OG footage looks great
    Most of my complaints were fixed in the blu ray. They move a lot more realistic there.

I think the biggest issue is simply the dark background combined with the dark suits with specs of color. makes it look fake

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

A prequel would have worked better just like its gonna work better for Killmonger.

It is easier to retcon a character in a prequel.

Integrating this into the "present" time where T'challa is supposedly gone but there are multiple comics wehre he is still around (Avengers, Captain America, BP vs DP) just makes is even weirder.

I think the solicit for the first issue said she'd rather spend time in her lab than fighting. That was my first clue. This just supports it. lol
    Still groaning about that. At least the Killmonger book is staying true to the charactr while trying to integrate movie stuff

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Did you just get lucky and get to review it or did they actively seek out someone who actually knows the character?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A prequel for Shuri could have completely retconned her past without changing her present day. She could be someone who would have rathered spend her time in a lab than fighting until she was forced to take up the Black Panther mantle. Now is that consistent with what we've seen? Not at all. Hudlin's Shuri was impetuous and always wanted to fight to prove herself. She seemed to want to be Black Panther before she was ready for the mantle. But you can at least go with the idea that the character changed over time and got a different world view and, either way, is what we see today. But, instead, we'd get a character who never was seen in a lab before who was always fighting who now apparently never liked fighting and loves science. I mean, it's another black female character who loves STEM stuff, which Marvel seems to love promoting these days (and reasonably so), plus it mirrors the movie, but it feels a bit jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    SHURI #3

NNEDI OKORAFOR (W), LEONARDO ROMERO (A) Cover by SAM SPRATT

I AM...SHURI?

A little Wakandan magic, a little astral projection and a very confused tree. Shuri cast her mind into the depths of space in a desperate bid to find her missing brother--and instead she landed in the mind of Groot! Who's about to become a crunchy snack for a huge, energy-sucking alien! Rocket Raccoon's best guns won't get them out of this one. Is Wakanda about to lose its only remaining heir to the throne?!
    That woman who wrote Concrete Park should've wrote the Shuri book. My dream casting/hiring. Or the ma'am that writes Kamala, if we're going to completely write a new Shuri that hedges closer to Letitia

Nnedi... meh. She's had her chance, i've given her chances.

After all that talk for 2 years about Coates influencing the movie... the movie influenced Coates and everything is being bushed or undone.

Sheesh. They could've just started this way post-Secret Wars and saved us from writing all them damn back n forth dissertations

The bolded in the solicit for November?

VAULT OF SPIDERS #2 (of 2)
    RYAN NORTH, CULLEN BUNN, GEOFFREY THORNE (W)
    DAVE WILLIAMS, ADAM GORHAM and more! (A)
    COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
    We’re way past first blood—the Spider-Army needs new recruits! No one’s too weird to die for — er — serve the cause!
    Ryan North joins the cause with an incredible story starring SPIDER-MA’AM, a spider-powered Aunt May with Dave Williams (UNCANNY X-FORCE) on art!
    CULLEN BUNN (X-MEN BLUE) and TBA bring you a tale of a nightmare world where monsters roam the streets and a SPIDER-MAN strange enough to call it home! You will NEVER guess who’s under the mask!
    Geoffrey Thorne brings an all new Spider-Character to the table, with a Spider-Powered Captain Stacy! Police Officer by day, vigilante by night in a way you’ve never seen before!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    oh. that.

wow. I guess I must be, then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    After all that talk for 2 years about Coates influencing the movie... the movie influenced Coates and everything is being bushed or undone.

Sheesh. They could've just started this way post-Secret Wars and saved us from writing all them damn back n forth dissertations
    Yes but it might've been more minor complaints rather then full blown Character and mythos butchery All for the sake of trying to make a mark but really to get that x men spin-off.

I would say I would likely enjoy S3 more had it come first but like you said about Nnedi, Coates has had his chance