Page 128 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd argue it would be tougher to get this approved with executives and Disney/top video game companies.

The process of making a game like this would be the same as it is for every other AAA game. Spider-Man, Destiny, God of War, Anthem etc. etc.

The real battle is just getting this greenlit
    I don't think it will be tougher with execs to give it a go but certainly won't be that confident unless its something that will change the gaming genre and will appeal to a lot of people.

Also the process of making it like every AAA may become redundant and definitely won't escape the whole criticism of "been there done that" notion. While you can make it similar those games, the developers will still have to add elements to the game that will give it its own identity to not make it feel like a Spider-Man clone which its going to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I don't think it will be tougher with execs to give it a go but certainly won't be that confident unless its something that will change the gaming genre and will appeal to a lot of people.

Also the process of making it like every AAA may become redundant and definitely won't escape the whole criticism of "been there done that" notion. While you can make it similar those games, the developers will still have to add elements to the game that will give it its own identity to not make it feel like a Spider-Man clone which its going to be tough.

I wouldn't worry about making it feel unique if you have a huge budget and full studio backing all you need is a great team with inspired workers and a clear vision. No rushed deadlines and executive interference. Disney could seemingly do all hat but its harder to convince people about a project and round up all the funding than you might think. We are talking about a 4+ year project. Map designs character designs voice acting, creating an engaging and compelling story. I actually wouldn't be as worried about gameplay mechanics.

A lot of AAA games are kind of sampling from this Batman/Spider-Man/Assassin Creed franchise. Borrow the elements that make sense and innovate when you need to.

Someone's got to greenlit the project and in their mind put their but on the line. We are probably talking about upwards of $50M or much more if you want this to be like Witcher quality. Game could take 7 years to develop.

End of the day development process is not what concerns me if there is a competent team in place with enough time and resources. However, assembling the right people, allocating time and resources and someone signing off on it. We all have great ideas and I'm sure people in the industry have similar but being able to make that pitch, to the right person that getting it greenlit that is a process. Unless someone up on high already has the idea in his head or is not adverse to the idea it could take a while.
    The J-man

Just making the game itself as God of War and Spider-Man are critically acclaimed with the latter being declared as the best superhero game ever made.

Even with the box office numbers, execs wont be that confident with a stand alone game and like I said few posts ago, they probably have other heroes that have been considered before BP in terms of video games.
    I think 1.3 billy was harder, even if by virtue of being first and breaking the barrier. As of 2018, what marvel superheroes would be more $$$ ROI worthy as a solo game after spiderman? Top 5?

I'd agree that just getting Marvel to care about solo AAA titles would be a challenge, regardless of the hero (and not just making it a team thing), but after that hurdle I like BP's chances.

And if BP is picked, I like the game's chances of being lit
    Last edited by Rumble; 09-28-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Just making the game itself as God of War and Spider-Man are critically acclaimed with the latter being declared as the best superhero game ever made.

Even with the box office numbers, execs wont be that confident with a stand alone game and like I said few posts ago, they probably have other heroes that have been considered before BP in terms of video games.
    it would be stupid to not cash in on their biggest IP and not strike while the iron is hot

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd argue it would be tougher to get this approved with executives and Disney/top video game companies.

The process of making a game like this would be the same as it is for every other AAA game. Spider-Man, Destiny, God of War, Anthem etc. etc.

The real battle is just getting this greenlit
    Despite the marvel movies doing extremely well, really none of the marvel stuff has gotten a whole lot of love on the video game side apart from Lego and the Capcom fighters. Spider-Man is the first hero in awhile to get a REAL console video game, and that's almost a no brainer for Sony.

To this day I'm envious as heck that DC has had their DCUOnline up and running since forever, while marvel never managed to get a console MMO off the ground. They do stuff you can buy on an app store sure, but it would be nice to see some love on the console side.

Instead of doing a game with any specific hero, just do an Avengers game. That should get the biggest bang for your buck.

Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    rotton tomatoes, metacritic, cinemascore, box office.

Quantitatively, qualitatively, however they want to cut, slice, or dice it:

GOAT superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, that's how I saw it too, and thing is, the movie didn't made what it did due to some sort of obligation or over hype. That stuff gives you big opening numbers that quickly fall off the following week. The records BP broke are due to it being the GOAT superhero movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Small correction $BILLY$ GOAT superhero movie 😉
    See the thing is it doesn't have to be the GOAT superhero movie for me. However, they all say they love the movie...yet consensus is its just a top 10 MCU movie.

https://youtu.be/iObqFfidVTw?t=13m12s

I'm just shocked that there still a debate about it not being a top 5 MCU film. I mean that should be an automatic.

The comments are...what you'd expect.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Maybe it's because I've been watching a walkthrough for Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 game while thinking and conceptualising a Black Panther video game in my head, but a lot of the action beats in the Black Panther movie remind me a lot of gameplay. I don't mean that in the "The characters movie like PS2 models and the whole things looks fake!" kinda way. Just that Coogler shot the majority of the action sequences using a steady hand, long takes, and often depicted the action from T'Challa's perspective. Plus, there's a certain cool factor they all have. Like Coogler just had to make T'Challa in action look like the coolest thing in the world. Not epic, not badass, not rough and gritty. But cool. It's particularly evident in the Busan car chase.

But anyway, yeah these things remind me of gameplay mechanics:

Your animation for summoning your car/Sky-Cycle/hoverbike when you want to ride it

Your quick time event mechanics and animations to do difficult stunts (look at that long take shot of T'Challa getting back on top of the car, that's such a video game angle)

Your boss fight finisher lol

Y'all can't tell me these don't look like quick time event mechanics

I can already see the command prompts. Press "X" here, repeatedly mash "Box" here, hold "L1" and "R1" lol.

And it's not just that:

- You can have Shuri as the tutorial guide for new tech and providing you with ideas for gear.

- Different people from different tribes can be your mission handlers.

- Energy daggers as the default quick tap ranged weapon with Kimoyo beads (y'all know I love my beads lol) as gear you unlock as you go further and upgrade.

- Kinetic energy build up for finishers and AoE attacks, or for higher jumps/dashes of speed (I got you Ezyo)

- Enhanced senses and Kimoyo interface are the interactive detective vision.

- Parkour, wall running and climbing, Sky-Cycle/hoverbike for movement. Panther Jet/Royal Talon Fighter for fast travel across your map.

- Regular bullets can't hurt you and build up your energy (so does fighting) but energy weapons like sonic or vibrating weapons can hurt you and deplete your energy buildup.

- T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye as playable characters, maybe even other Panthers like T'Chaka.

- "Fight for the Throne" gladiator match-type challenges.

- Air ship battles.

- Dora Milaje or Hatut Zeraze backup.

- Nakia the spy DLC.

- Go all out with T'Challa's rogues gallery with Killmonger, M'Baku, Doom, Namor, Klaw, Kraven, and bring out the unknowns too.

- Put Latveria, Atlantis, America, other neighbouring countries to Wakanda, other African countries, and America on the map.

- Unlockable costumes for days!

There is so much potential in a Black Panther video game, it's ridiculous. I'm glad a movie as well thought out and crafted with the right kind of world building came out this year because it has at least shown Black Panther and Wakanda in a 3-D and "realistic", immersive environment that's highly conceptualised. Pull inspiration from that and all the comics, animated appearances and whatever. And it's not like it's a hard game to create. T'Challa's a character who's an acrobatic enhanced human who uses gadgets and H2H fighting. That's many video game characters from Batman, to Spider-Man, to Assassin's Creed and so on. The mechanics are already there.

And honestly, if the movies can keep this momentum up (and I think they will with Coogler still at the helm), if an AAA game is developed, looks good, is good, and is marketed right, there's no way it wouldn't sell like hot cakes. Execs didn't see 1.3 billion coming. Some of us didn't even see 1.3 billion coming. Why should we doubt our king again? I believe there's a community out there that wants this. To explore a beautiful nation like Wakanda and the other beautiful nations of Africa. To play as a badass black superhero and king, or badass princess or female general.

What a Black Panther game really, really needs is a competent team of people who have the experience involved (if as many of them are black, the better) who are passionate about Black Panther, about T'Challa, and about Wakanda. I don't know if such people exist, but it's people like that who would make a great video game. The voice actors and accents have to be right. The aesthetics have to be right. I'm not too worried about gameplay but it has to be fun and be right too. Graphics, designs, everything has to be at least Spider-Man PS4 level. It also needs a really good story. Black Panther may not have the most riveting or iconic Marvel stories, but someone with a good script and direction (as the movie has shown) can turn in something really special.

If it is, I don't see why no studio wouldn't want to greenlight it. Granted not every studio has a man who is at least as sensible and faithful as Feige but still.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 09-28-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    See the thing is it doesn't have to be the GOAT superhero movie for me. However, they all say they love the movie...yet consensus is its just a top 10 MCU movie.

I'm just shocked that there still a debate about it not being a top 5 MCU film. I mean that should be an automatic.

I don't really care about any of that negativity stuff nor that south park episode. I don't watch, read, or listen to it.

What i have read is that BP is the highest grossing superhero solo movie ever. #9 highest grossing movie worldwide, ever. Highest rated on rotton tomatoes. Highly rated on metacritic. A+ cinemascore. Soon to be oscar nominated (i've never watched the oscars but that's apparently a big deal) in addition to all the other movie awards, records, and accolades it has already snatched.

Why do i care what the segmented consensus is of the same types of miserable people who thought a black movie would never succeed? They're never going to accept BP, so I decline their 2 cents. But white, black, asian, hispanic, whatever they all can't escape that scoreboard that has BP as the KING of superheros by the same metrics they've always used to downplay black films and justify majority white ones. All they can do is cry and all i will do if i ever come across such tears is add insult to their metaphorical injuries

T'Challa is like Mayweather to them, but fused with Obama's squeaky clean mainstream image.

They'll pay for Floyd fights just so that they can cry about how boring he is, just like they'll watch Black Panther 2 on opening weekend just so they can cry about BP2's big opening weekend lol. They want him to lose so bad but he wins and prints money, so they can only speak in code and throw shade for clicks and views to profit off of his name.

They ain't slick. "_____ SLAMS Black Panther!!!"

*click click click* $$$$$

Hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Maybe it's because I've been watching a walkthrough for Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 game while thinking and conceptualising a Black Panther video game in my head, but a lot of the action beats in the Black Panther movie remind me a lot of gameplay. I don't mean that in the "The characters movie like PS2 models and the whole things looks fake!" kinda way. Just that Coogler shot the majority of the action sequences using a steady hand, long takes, and often depicted the action from T'Challa's perspective. Plus, there's a certain cool factor they all have. Like Coogler just had to make T'Challa in action look like the coolest thing in the world. Not epic, not badass, not rough and gritty. But cool. It's particularly evident in the Busan car chase.

But anyway, yeah these things remind me of gameplay mechanics:

Your animation for summoning your car/Sky-Cycle/hoverbike when you want to ride it

Your quick time event mechanics and animations to do difficult stunts (look at that long take shot of T'Challa getting back on top of the car, that's such a video game angle)

Your boss fight finisher lol

Y'all can't tell me these don't look like quick time event mechanics

I can already see the command prompts. Press "X" here, repeatedly mash "Box" here, hold "L1" and "R1" lol.

And it's not just that:

- You can have Shuri as the tutorial guide for new tech and providing you with ideas for gear.

- Different people from different tribes can be your mission handlers.

- Energy daggers as the default quick tap ranged weapon with Kimoyo beads (y'all know I love my beads lol) as gear you unlock as you go further and upgrade.

- Kinetic energy build up for finishers and AoE attacks, or for higher jumps/dashes of speed (I got you Ezyo)

- Enhanced senses and Kimoyo interface are the interactive detective vision.

- Parkour, wall running and climbing, Sky-Cycle/hoverbike for movement. Panther Jet/Royal Talon Fighter for fast travel across your map.

- Regular bullets can't hurt you and build up your energy (so does fighting) but energy weapons like sonic or vibrating weapons can hurt you and deplete your energy buildup.

- T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye as playable characters, maybe even other Panthers like T'Chaka.

- "Fight for the Throne" gladiator match-type challenges.

- Air ship battles.

- Dora Milaje or Hatut Zeraze backup.

- Nakia the spy DLC.

- Go all out with T'Challa's rogues gallery with Killmonger, M'Baku, Doom, Namor, Klaw, Kraven, and bring out the unknowns too.

- Put Latveria, Atlantis, America, other neighbouring countries to Wakanda, other African countries, and America on the map.

- Unlockable costumes for days!

There is so much potential in a Black Panther video game, it's ridiculous. I'm glad a movie as well thought out and crafted with the right kind of world building came out this year because it has at least shown Black Panther and Wakanda in a 3-D and "realistic", immersive environment that's highly conceptualised. Pull inspiration from that and all the comics, animated appearances and whatever. And it's not like it's a hard game to create. T'Challa's a character who's an acrobatic enhanced human who uses gadgets and H2H fighting. That's many video game characters from Batman, to Spider-Man, to Assassin's Creed and so on. The mechanics are already there.

And honestly, if the movies can keep this momentum up (and I think they will with Coogler still at the helm), if an AAA game is developed, looks good, is good, and is marketed right, there's no way it wouldn't sell like hot cakes. Execs didn't see 1.3 billion coming. Some of us didn't even see 1.3 billion coming. Why should we doubt our king again? I believe there's a community out there that wants this. To explore a beautiful nation like Wakanda and the other beautiful nations of Africa. To play as a badass black superhero and king, or badass princess or female general.

What a Black Panther game really, really needs is a competent team of people who have the experience involved (if as many of them are black, the better) who are passionate about Black Panther, about T'Challa, and about Wakanda. I don't know if such people exist, but it's people like that who would make a great video game. The voice actors and accents have to be right. The aesthetics have to be right. I'm not too worried about gameplay but it has to be fun and be right too. Graphics, designs, everything has to be at least Spider-Man PS4 level. It also needs a really good story. Black Panther may not have the most riveting or iconic Marvel stories, but someone with a good script and direction (as the movie has shown) can turn in something really special.

If it is, I don't see why no studio wouldn't want to greenlight it. Granted not every studio has a man who is at least as sensible and faithful as Feige but still.
    I agree with everything this man here said.

Dboi, acknowledge this man and his points lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Who gives a f*ck what these YouTubers think man? The Numbers don't lie. No matter how much people want to claim it's overrated. Numbers. Don't. Like. There is a reason it's only 1 of 3 movies in domestic box office history to achieve 700 mil. Stop hoping these YouTube commenting nobodies are the general consensus or hold some sort of authority for what is overrated and what isn't, theres a reason BP broke records both from film Making side and from the toys side too as well as Blu-ray and DVD sales... Overrated for sure... Meanwhile T'Challa be like:

LL Cool J Walking With A Bast can explain the feelings of jealous Haters...

Get Hectic!