Page 146 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5350

This really isn't that complicated, guys.

Black Panther Comic – Earth 616
    Black Panther Cartoon – Earth 617
    Black Panther Movies – Earth 618

There. See? Nothing to be confused or mad about.

And then there's Black Panther - Earth 619

Earth 619 Black Panther is way more smooth and way more Gangsta...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    And then there's Black Panther - Earth 619

Earth 619 Black Panther is way more smooth and way more Gangsta...

Works for me.

Careful what you ask for...

Get Hectic!

Redjack don't you work for Disney?

Shouldn't Black Panther look more like this...

I expect by episode #14 Black Panther should be feasting on Bambi's mother with extra gravy...

Walt Disney himself has been cryogenically unfrozen and would like to speak to you ASAP!
    Get Hectic!

Redjack don't you work for Disney?
    Nope. That contract is over. unless they rehire me, i'm a loose cannon, baby!

Shouldn't Black Panther look more like this...

I expect by episode #14 Black Panther should be feasting on Bambi's mother with extra gravy...

Walt Disney himself has been cryogenically unfrozen and would like to speak to you ASAP!
    that works too.

Careful what you ask for...

yeah...

i...

I got nothing.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Caught up on episode 4 of Black Panther's Quest. Pretty good episode but my least favourite so far.

I liked Hunter's design and character a lot and the chases/interactions with T'Challa were fun. I think I might prefer a younger Hunter the way he's used here than an older one. Love that White Wolf design too.

Great fights too. Found it weird T'Challa was getting tagged by M'Baku's goons but then it was awesome when he started doing his ninja thing. I loved that moment when T'Challa used his suit tech to activate the robot arm/crane because I suggested that here a long time ago.

Speaking of M'Baku, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Great design but I have a few questions Redjack. Is he Wakandan, Nigandan, or something else? I think I heard him refer to Nigandan gold once. Also, this M'Baku isn't a traditionalist, right? The tech armour pretty much guarantees that. I'm not sure how I feel about the armour but the fight was cool too. I hope we see more of him.

Looking forward to the story advancing a bit more. Also, I think Hunter or Shuri referred to N'Jadaka as their teacher? What does that mean (if I heard that right)?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Caught up on episode 4 of Black Panther's Quest. Pretty good episode but my least favourite so far.

I liked Hunter's design and character a lot and the chases/interactions with T'Challa were fun. I think I might prefer a younger Hunter the way he's used here than an older one. Love that White Wolf design too.

Great fights too. Found it weird T'Challa was getting tagged by M'Baku's goons but then it was awesome when he started doing his ninja thing. I loved that moment when T'Challa used his suit tech to activate the robot arm/crane because I suggested that here a long time ago.

Speaking of M'Baku, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Great design but I have a few questions Redjack. Is he Wakandan, Nigandan, or something else? I think I heard him refer to Nigandan gold once. Also, this M'Baku isn't a traditionalist, right? The tech armour pretty much guarantees that. I'm not sure how I feel about the armour but the fight was cool too. I hope we see more of him.

Looking forward to the story advancing a bit more. Also, I think Hunter or Shuri referred to N'Jadaka as their teacher? What does that mean (if I heard that right)?
    As i said, we had ZERO contact with the film and were truly surprised at how Coogler's team fixed M'Baku. It never occurred to me to go so far as to make him a good guy. My beef was always with the man-ape thing so... we made him into a Warlord for Hire, wreaking havoc across all of Africa. The hard light suit was a force-field initially but budget issues forced us to go with the hard light suit.Is he Nigandan? is he Wakanadan? It's an open question we may or may not pick up if we get a second season and IF they ask me back for it and IF I'm available to do it if they ask.

Pay attention to the things the bad guys say (good guys too for that matter). everything is important. this is NOT like previous seasons.Each episode is a chapter in a long story, not a one-off you can watch and put away.

As for T'Challa getting smacked around...

yep. get used to that. when I write villains I make them slightly better than the heroes they face. I want my heroes to WORK for a living. That way it's more satisfying when they win.

Forget what you think you know about all the characters you're going to meet. This is the MAU, not the MCU or MCBU. For real. EVERYTHING is up for grabs. And stay tuned. Things REALLY get moving next week.

Like KABOOM.

I really wish more writers would embrace the notion of villains being able to smack the heroes around. Villains need to flat out beat the heroes occasionally.

If more villains apart from Doom, Magneto, and Thanos were able to do it then maybe people would give a damn about more villains besides Doom, Magneto, and Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I really wish more writers would embrace the notion of villains being able to smack the heroes around. Villains need to flat out beat the heroes occasionally.

If more villains apart from Doom, Magneto, and Thanos were able to do it then maybe people would give a damn about more villains besides Doom, Magneto, and Thanos.
    stay tuned.

this ain't ya grandma's avengers cartoon. we came to play.

I think most writers do there are just levels to this. You don't have any good stories without struggles and conflicts. It's one thing if the boss or the lieutenant is a BAMF and is just taking the hero to task, its another if tis someone much lower down the pecking order, but hey that is just me. In a world where Spider-Man and Batman are nearly untouchable by average people I think its appropriate to treat others on that level accordingly.

I kind of side with Hudlin on this one

Again just my opinion. I'm still happy with the T'Challa's depiction as long as he's continually written in a competent manner. I think that is the characters biggest strength across mediums.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-09-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    The J-man

i exist halfway between Dwayne and Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think most writers do there are just levels to this. You don't have any good stories without struggles and conflicts. It's one thing if the boss or the lieutenant is a BAMF and is just taking the hero to task, its another if tis someone much lower down the pecking order, but hey that is just me. In a world where Spider-Man and Batman are nearly untouchable by average people I think its appropriate to treat others on that level accordingly.

I kind of side with Hudlin on this one

Again just my opinion. I'm still happy with the T'Challa's depiction as long as he's continually written in a competent manner. I think that is the characters biggest strength across mediums.
    Spider-Man get his butt kicked all the time. And there's no rrason on earth a guy like Kingpin or Punisher should last 5 seconds against Peter. I think being an underdog is just a lart of Peters charm, even when he shouldn't be the underdog.

But rhe vottim line is that this needs to hard. If rhe heroes aren't struggling and occasionally coming up short, then I think the story us sort of missing thr point. Everyone knows the hero wins in the end and the villakns lose. Thats the uphill struggle comic book villains have to try and not come off as the losers they realistically are.

Doom and Thanks are protected ... they can actually win fights. And I think that's a big key to their sucess as characters. We need more of that.

Spider-Man get his butt kicked all the time. And there's no rrason on earth a guy like Kingpin or Punisher should last 5 seconds against Peter. I think being an underdog is just a lart of Peters charm, even when he shouldn't be the underdog.

But rhe vottim line is that this needs to hard. If rhe heroes aren't struggling and occasionally coming up short, then I think the story us sort of missing thr point. Everyone knows the hero wins in the end and the villakns lose. Thats the uphill struggle comic book villains have to try and not come off as the losers they realistically are.

Doom and Thanks are protected ... they can actually win fights. And I think that's a big key to their sucess as characters. We need more of that.

We are talking about random goons here. Not the big bads. As I alluded to, I think most god writers give the heroes an arduous journey or undertaking to complete. Blind Wedjat and my previous observations were more about cannon fodder minions or goons, redshirts etc.

Kingpin is basically superhuman. Peter certainly has a hard time with several super villains but not against average people with firearms.

Most villains especially new ones are incredibly hard for heroes to deal with. I don't really agree with your premiss that heroes have it easy or villains don't win (in comics). I think villains more often than not get the better of the hero or win the first encounter, sure they ultimately lose but thats just the nature of superhero stories. However, I do think super villains are often shown less respect in subsequent appearances. They are either stepping stones to prop up the next villain or writers just have them get owned for a cool heroic scene. Marvel not really aging the characters is probably a contributing factor too.
    The J-man