Page 152 of 357 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you're joking, right?
    No I'm not lol.

While I liked the movie quite a lot (Top 6 in the mcu), I felt a few things didn't work very well for me. Nothing to make a fuzz about, just my personal opinion.

At the end of the day, movies are all subjective.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-11-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    No I'm not lol.

While I liked the movie quite a lot (Top 6 in the mcu), I felt a few things didn't work very well for me. Nothing to make a fuzz about, just my personal opinion.

At the end of the day, movies are all subjective.
    Anything outside of action and effects? because I think those areas could definitely be improved upon. Nolan's Batman Begins was janky around the edges but he had better polished product with TDK. Sequels usually turn out better because they can hit the ground running storywise(with the setups out the way) and can work out the kinks that were present in the first film. Hopefully, Coogler/Feige have taken note of the criticisms along with the praise.

you're joking, right?
    Unfortunately he is 100% serious. And apparently given the snippets shown on aquaman trailer, those fights are better then BPs

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Unfortunately he is 100% serious. And apparently given the snippets shown on aquaman trailer, those fights are better then BPs
    The question is will it be a better movie though?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Call me when Aquaman makes a billion.

Call when folks can HONESTLY give an opinion of a film without trying to bash Black Panther. We got too many folks still trying to degrade that film.

Now if folks are legit in think those fight scenes are better-fine. But we have had too many folks lead the charge to trash Black Panther by any means.

But box office doesn't lie. And in all reality if the fight scenes were improved in BP 2-Coogler STILL would not get credit for it. It will just be "he stole that from Aquaman."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Anything outside of action and effects? because I think those areas could definitely be improved upon. Nolan's Batman Begins was janky around the edges but he had better polished product with TDK. Sequels usually turn out better because they can hit the ground running storywise(with the setups out the way) and can work out the kinks that were present in the first film. Hopefully, Coogler/Feige have taken note of the criticisms along with the praise.
    Nothing much really outside of those things. Anything else would be nitpicking. While some of the VFX were a bit dodgy, i wasn't that bothered by them.

Hope they give Coogler enough time to polish everything like how they had enough time to finish up Infinity Wars.

Also, just because the action didn't work too well doesn't mean I hate/despise the movie. I liked the first Mission Impossible movie but was not very impressed with the action and now look at where that franchise it now. There is always room for improvement.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-11-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Well. Thanks, I think.

I hope people will remember this season of the show because i put my guts into it. As for the Panther ideas I had, i left out a lot of key points in the story so it's no wonder you think it sounds like a rehash of Panther-as-Daredevil or something like that. Nope. By the time I was done, people would have forgotten about characters like Killmonger, Wakanda would have been the most amazing place ever seen in the Marvel universe and there would have been AT LEAST two people legitimately being called Black Panther.

It was a BIG notion. As soon as I figure a way to tell that story without it being Black Panther, I'm still going to tell it.

And I'm going to get Chris Cross to draw it.

Bet.
    I would definitely read that. Is there any chance of that story being released as a stand-alone mini series?

Incredible Member

Gonna have to brace ourselves for the Aquaman vs. BP tidal wave that is sure to come this December. I've already starting to see ripples on the net. I'm honestly expecting more internet cbm fans will come out touting that Aquaman will be the better film based on better action alone.

That said, while I consider Wan and Coogler pretty much in the same tier when it comes to directing, I do wonder what happened with Coogler when it comes to action choreography. The Russos, Waititi, and Gunn weren't originally action directors, but they all delivered excellent to good action sequences in their first superhero films, and it's looking like Wan will as well.

Dear Redjack,

Now that Disney owns the Predator franchise what episode should we expect to see him in?

Black Panther: "You are one ugly mother..."

Princes Shuri: "Brother that's racist!"

Black Panther: "WHAT... He's an intergalactic hunter trying to put my skull on his mantle!"

Princess Shuri: "He's probably just misunderstood, let's offer him some food!"

Predator: "Is this your king... Is this your king... I lived my entire life waiting for this moment!"

Princess Shuri: "He sounds just like Killmonger!"

Black Panther: "Shuri... Gather the elders and get the waterfall started!"

Predator: "The Predator will not challenge today!"

Coogler couldn't use Kraven The Hunter so we now offer an even better hunter!

Redjack gather all the toys and play with them now because Disney might buy Godzilla and Star Trek next!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Gonna have to brace ourselves for the Aquaman vs. BP tidal wave that is sure to come this December. I've already starting to see ripples on the net. I'm honestly expecting more internet cbm fans will come out touting that Aquaman will be the better film based on better action alone.

That said, while I consider Wan and Coogler pretty much in the same tier when it comes to directing, I do wonder what happened with Coogler when it comes to action choreography. The Russos, Waititi, and Gunn weren't originally action directors, but they all delivered excellent to good action sequences in their first superhero films, and it's looking like Wan will as well.
    Marvel and DC movies will always be compared to each other. But frankly DC has been on the short end of it for quite some time, so I'm not particulary worried.

Squeezes Infinity Gauntlet focusing on Time Stone and...

Newsflash: Aquaman Movie Grosses 1.4 Billion Dollars Passing Black Panther!

(looks down at Time Stone and realizes that it's actually a crack rock)

HELLO... Is this thing on?

DC hired Whedon to finish The Justice League and now they have more Marvel leftovers hiring James Gunn for Suicide Squad!

(waves extra long policeman flashlight)

Move along people there is nothing to see here thanks for playing buh bye now...

Editor's Note: I'm pretty sure no one will be dancing in the aisles for this movie... Might poke an eye out with all those pointy Trident spears!

I think we're done here!
    Get Hectic!

It's a DCEU flick. It being good to okay would be a massive victory at this point.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Dear Redjack,

Now that Disney owns the Predator franchise what episode should we expect to see him in?
    While I'm sure his answer is probably along the lines of "never," it's worth pointing out that the merger is rumored to be complete January 1 (and is, either way, not yet complete).

I know they used to do Batman/Predator stories. A Black Panther/Predator story would actually be kickass although, I'm sure, Marvel's first instinct would probably be Wolverine or even Spider-Man.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    While I'm sure his answer is probably along the lines of "never," it's worth pointing out that the merger is rumored to be complete January 1 (and is, either way, not yet complete).

I know they used to do Batman/Predator stories. A Black Panther/Predator story would actually be kickass although, I'm sure, Marvel's first instinct would probably be Wolverine or even Spider-Man.
    I think T'Challa would at least be up there, because Predator stuff often occurs in a jungle environment. Thematially it's a good fit.

Don't forget Aliens...

Captain America: "Avengers Assem... UGH!"

Black Panther: "Cap what's wrong?"

Black Widow: "That's really gross!"

Get Hectic!