Page 153 of 357 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Gonna have to brace ourselves for the Aquaman vs. BP tidal wave that is sure to come this December. I've already starting to see ripples on the net. I'm honestly expecting more internet cbm fans will come out touting that Aquaman will be the better film based on better action alone.

That said, while I consider Wan and Coogler pretty much in the same tier when it comes to directing, I do wonder what happened with Coogler when it comes to action choreography. The Russos, Waititi, and Gunn weren't originally action directors, but they all delivered excellent to good action sequences in their first superhero films, and it's looking like Wan will as well.
    Wan already has Furious 7 which was action packed so that worked for him.

I have already memes going around saying Aquaman will be better. Honestly I don't want get myself involved in this D*** measuring contest between Marvel and DC. It just reminds me of when people where comparing Cyborg to BP saying Cyborg was more of a sympathetic character because he was handicapped and why people should be more hyped about a Cyborg movie. This year it looks its going to be about BP vs Aquaman and how Aquaman is a more interesting king than T'Challa blah blah blah. This is bound to happen and I'm ready to avoid getting myself involved.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-11-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Don't forget Aliens...

Captain America: "Avengers Assem... UGH!"

Black Panther: "Cap what's wrong?"

Black Widow: "That's really gross!"

Because of the Brood though, Aliens have almost a been there done that feel to them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

For Aliens, I would love the Starjammers or the Guardians of the Galaxy. I know it's not Black Panther related. That being said, Avengers vs. Aliens would be cool with T'Challa saving the day. The biggest issue with Aliens is it usually has to have greedy or stupid people and I can't see T'Challa tolerating any of that crap.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Please Mr. Coogler, let us see some improvements this time around.
    See this is where we differ.

Where we have the same complaints we come out to different ratings.

You have BP as a top 6 MCU film. I still have BP as easily the best MCU.

You tilt towards typical MCU action and CGI so that holds more weight and keeps BP from being "great" or a top tier MCU film.

For me BP does everything else almost perfect that I get frustrated that the CGI/fight choreography wasn't as great because it could have been a GOAT level comic book movie/possible Oscar winner.

I'm sorry, but a lot of MCU films seem shallow in comparison to BP. They just have crisper CGI and better fight choreography (WS/CW)

I can't believe you're all even entertaining this Aquaman and Black Panther debate. Outside of them both being Kings (assuming Aquaman becomes King at the end of his film) they have zero in common. Zero. Atlantis and Wakanda are completely different.

Ryan Coogler- Fruitvale Station, Creed, Black Panther

James Wan- A ton of Horror Movies than Fast and the Furious 7

These two are on completely different spectrums with completely different styles. We're debating Miles Davis vs Nickelback here
    The J-man

Happy Day Happy Day!

It's been a long week but Coogler's back! The brand is still strong!

Rumor is we might get Black Panther vs Namor

The J-man

The DC movies missed their chance to get a billion dollars out of a black hero when they shifted back to Hal Jordan away from John Stewart. Cyborg will never amount to much more than, MAYBE, an Ant-Man box office Aquamn will do well, but it's never going to get close to what happened with Black Panther. Nor will BP 2. BP was A cultural phenomenon. No matter how good it is, Aquaman will just be a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Seeing Zemo without his mask is weird (I mean, Zemo's design in general on this show looks weird).

He looks 10 years younger then he sounds .
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The DC movies missed their chance to get a billion dollars out of a black hero when they shifted back to Hal Jordan away from John Stewart. Cyborg will never amount to much more than, MAYBE, an Ant-Man box office Aquamn will do well, but it's never going to get close to what happened with Black Panther. Nor will BP 2. BP was A cultural phenomenon. No matter how good it is, Aquaman will just be a movie.
    I don't need it to be a cultural phenomenon. Black Panther deserved that. I just want it to be a good movie and a good Aquaman movie.

Agreed. Moreover, DC really dropped the ball with Cyborg across the board. I give Ray Fisher credit for giving a good performance, but sadly DC doesn't really know what its doing or wants to do with Cyborg.

Back to BP, the film had an extremely engaging narrative chock-full of subtext, well fleshed out characters and compelling character arcs. BP isn't the only film to accomplish this but in a world of cookie cutter summer blockbusters. It clearly stands apart. Even if by some miracle Disney makes the sequel even better, it is highly unlikely that film would outperform the first film.
    The J-man

I don't think BP 2 needs to even do as good as BP
    If it does 80-90% pf the numbers BP pulled (or just grosses a billy again) then it's a win. There's not much debate between the movie's and whole I get how some people might pf wanted more comic book movie action from BP, honestly what we got had more nuance to it non terms of scenes and how the Characters responded. 1.3 billy and 700 mil domestic don't lie

So guesses as to who the main villain for the sequel will be?

I'm leaning towards Achebe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So guesses as to who the main villain for the sequel will be?

I'm leaning towards Achebe.
    I'd love to see EotS unfold on the silver screen. Or a version of it

Eh... I don't think making Green Lantern black would have saved that Green Lantern movie. Part of the reason Black Panther was a cultural phenomenon was that it was actually a really good movie.

Dear Redjack,

(don't you love how I address you now)

Anyway... Since you are in the cartoon world isn't it long overdue for a Black Panther/Lion King crossover!

Like a Chronicles of Narnia vibe... It's for da kidz dammit!

The 2 white boys and 2 white girls are optional but Mister Tumnus must be allowed to rep his hood all day every day on the frontlines of Wakaanda's defense force!

Mister Tumnus: "Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe..."

Would Bast and the Lion King see eye to eye on feline related matters or nah!

The Disney Ride or Die Piggyback Initiative... All toys must sell regardless!
    Get Hectic!