Page 154 of 357 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So guesses as to who the main villain for the sequel will be?

I'm leaning towards Achebe.
    I'm wondering if they aren't setting M'Baku to be the next villain.

With no T'Challa around following Avengers 3, M'Baku might be the most logical person to take control of Wakanda if Shuri doesn't want the job. But he might not be willing to necessarily just surrender his power back to T'Challa when he returns.

Of course all that is just speculation based on what MIGHT happen in the next Avengers movie. We'll see.

Depending on the action and set pieces, BP2 actually has a strong chance of matching BP1's box office. It just wouldn't be the same split between domestic vs foreign.

700 million domestic is upper echelon in the USA, so that is tough to replicate. Not even Infinity War could do that.

However, 645 million internationally... while that's higher than 80%* of MCU movies and 100% of DC movies, numerous films like Skyfall, Frozen, Jurassic World, Fast & Furious 7 & 8, etc have grossed 800 million to 1 billion overseas. *For reference, Iron Man 3 did 805m foreign and CA:Civil War did 745m.

BP may have capped out it's domestic potential, but it has untapped dollars in it's international markets depending on the improved cgi, set pieces, and action (i.e. what foreign markets seem to cream their pants over). Not that it needs to match or exceed BP1. I mean, if only grossing 1 billion is seen as a moral victory for haters, then cotdamn BP fans are the real champs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The DC movies missed their chance to get a billion dollars out of a black hero when they shifted back to Hal Jordan away from John Stewart. Cyborg will never amount to much more than, MAYBE, an Ant-Man box office Aquamn will do well, but it's never going to get close to what happened with Black Panther. Nor will BP 2. BP was A cultural phenomenon. No matter how good it is, Aquaman will just be a movie.
    A John Stewart film would make 3 times the money any Hal Jordan film would make. Btw your Black Panther is great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Depending on the action and set pieces, BP2 actually has a strong chance of matching BP1's box office. It just wouldn't be the same split between domestic vs foreign.

700 million domestic is upper echelon in the USA, so that is tough to replicate. Not even Infinity War could do that.

However, 645 million internationally... while that's higher than 80%* of MCU movies and 100% of DC movies, numerous films like Skyfall, Frozen, Jurassic World, Fast & Furious 7 & 8, etc have grossed 800 million to 1 billion overseas. *For reference, Iron Man 3 did 805m foreign and CA:Civil War did 745m.

BP may have capped out it's domestic potential, but it has untapped dollars in it's international markets depending on the improved cgi, set pieces, and action (i.e. what foreign markets seem to cream their pants over). Not that it needs to match or exceed BP1. I mean, if only grossing 1 billion is seen as a moral victory for haters, then cotdamn BP fans are the real champs
    People always forget Feige trashed Black Panther CGI because he put all the money into IW. Ryan saved the film because he is a great director and writer.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Dear Redjack,

(don't you love how I address you now)

Anyway... Since you are in the cartoon world isn't it long overdue for a Black Panther/Lion King crossover!

Like a Chronicles of Narnia vibe... It's for da kidz dammit!

The 2 white boys and 2 white girls are optional but Mister Tumnus must be allowed to rep his hood all day every day on the frontlines of Wakaanda's defense force!

Mister Tumnus: "Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe..."

Would Bast and the Lion King see eye to eye on feline related matters or nah!

The Disney Ride or Die Piggyback Initiative... All toys must sell regardless!
    I.... got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I have already memes going around saying Aquaman will be better.
    The hardcore DCEU fans think their movies are better than everything, even the terrible ones. I wouldn't put much stock in it. I think Aquaman is gonna do well but it's not gonna make BP level money.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    See this is where we differ.

Where we have the same complaints we come out to different ratings.

You have BP as a top 6 MCU film. I still have BP as easily the best MCU.

You tilt towards typical MCU action and CGI so that holds more weight and keeps BP from being "great" or a top tier MCU film.

For me BP does everything else almost perfect that I get frustrated that the CGI/fight choreography wasn't as great because it could have been a GOAT level comic book movie/possible Oscar winner.

I'm sorry, but a lot of MCU films seem shallow in comparison to BP. They just have crisper CGI and better fight choreography (WS/CW)
    I think it comes to personal preferences. If the action where great it probably would have been in my top three.

I still put the Cap movies on top. Winter Soldier was close to being a perfect movie for me, cool action, good story, some good choreography (Minus the shaky cam), intrigue, some memorable moments etc everything felt balanced. And this is coming from a person who wasn't looking forward to that movie.

I'm hoping the next one will be the best MCU and probably the best movie ever I won't get my expectations that high this time around.

Possibly Achebe, Moses Maganum, Mephisto or Namor. I love the fact that the first movie was more secluded from MCU and didn't rely on other mcu characters from other brands to sell the movie but this time around I think BP2 will need a villain that connects to all other brands and a villain that is not only a threat to Wakanda but a threat to the World (Similar to Killmonger) but on a bigger scale. Kind of what Redjack did with the episode 3 reminiscent of Sturm und Drang.

Would be cool to see a Doom cameo in the movie now that Disney/Fox deal will close January 2019. That will get a lot of the naysayers to be interested at least lol.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-12-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    People always forget Feige trashed Black Panther CGI because he put all the money into IW. Ryan saved the film because he is a great director and writer.
    Money wasn't the problem. It had a 200 mill plus budget, so it was one of the more expensive solo movies. Plenty of marvel movies with smaller budgets didn't have the same cgi issues.

I'm guess maybe it was just rushed, because the money was there.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'd like it to be someone from the Black Panther Rogue's Gallery, but I keep thinking of Moses Magnum.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

throwback!

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    How cool would it have been to see Killmonger's suit with an Infinity War budget? Or even some of those herbal-supplemented Rhynos

BP's rendered suit looked fantastic, especially when he was leading the charge.

That Marvel botched the cgi/rendering so bad and the movie was still great, is a testament to Coogler's talent and Boseman's acting chops. The fight scenes wouldn't have been as big a sticking point if the cgi was better. Look at Thanos vs Spiderman/Ironman, compared to BP vs KM in the mines. I don't figure BP 2 will have the same problems. They should put their best foot forward next time around. But we gon see

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    See this is where we differ.

Where we have the same complaints we come out to different ratings.

You have BP as a top 6 MCU film. I still have BP as easily the best MCU.

You tilt towards typical MCU action and CGI so that holds more weight and keeps BP from being "great" or a top tier MCU film.

For me BP does everything else almost perfect that I get frustrated that the CGI/fight choreography wasn't as great because it could have been a GOAT level comic book movie/possible Oscar winner.

I'm sorry, but a lot of MCU films seem shallow in comparison to BP. They just have crisper CGI and better fight choreography (WS/CW)
    +1

I have issues with the CGI/fight choregraphy as well, but i also believe in... perspective

The Nolan Batman movies that get d-rode to the moon weren't exactly making Rama and Mad Dog from the Raid blush in MMA envy lol. So i never lose sight of that whenever these ranking things come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    How cool would it have been to see Killmonger's suit with an Infinity War budget? Or even some of those herbal-supplemented Rhynos

BP's rendered suit looked fantastic, especially when he was leading the charge.

That Marvel botched the cgi/rendering so bad and the movie was still great, is a testament to Coogler's talent and Boseman's acting chops. The fight scenes wouldn't have been as big a sticking point if the cgi was better. Look at Thanos vs Spiderman/Ironman, compared to BP vs KM in the mines. I don't figure BP 2 will have the same problems. They should put their best foot forward next time around. But we gon see
    people are too damned nitpicky with ultra scrutinizing FX nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I think it comes to personal preferences. If the action where great it probably would have been in my top three.

I still put the Cap movies on top. Winter Soldier was close to being a perfect movie for me, cool action, good story, some good choreography (Minus the shaky cam), intrigue, some memorable moments etc everything felt balanced. And this is coming from a person who wasn't looking forward to that movie.

I'm hoping the next one will be the best MCU and probably the best movie ever I won't get my expectations that high this time around.
    The problem is BP keeps getting compared to superhero movies when it went out of it's way to establish there was more substance to it then simply punching villains.