Page 16 of 357 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    If the BP book was well-written, it wouldn't need new rogues.
    Honestly I think BP needs new rogues. If you take out Klaw, I think Iron Man could single handedly cumberstomp BP's entire rogues gallery in under 5 minutes. I think it needed a few additions with a few more to better reflect the upgrades T'CHalla has gotten in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think BP needs new rogues. If you take out Klaw, I think Iron Man could single handedly cumberstomp BP's entire rogues gallery in under 5 minutes. I think it needed a few additions with a few more to better reflect the upgrades T'CHalla has gotten in recent years.
    The thing is, the best stories aren't "How will hero X defeat villain Y?" They're "How will hero X be affected by it?"

I mean look at your avatar character. One of the most memorable Spidey scenes in HISTORY is the famous "trapped under wreckage" bit.

And I don't even know who the villain WAS in that story. Because it doesn't really matter. The scene was about Peter discovering something about himself.

BANNED

It's about racism not being rich. Does not matter what Opinion you have. It's not about facts and Hidden colors had facts.

If u think about it, tetu is super powerful

He does multi panel slow ass dances to do stuff

He must temporarily stop time or warp reality to do that sruff without getting stabbed in the face

High end sorcerer confirned
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If the BP book was well-written, it wouldn't need new rogues.
    Well I fully agree that he would not need any new rogue's, that being said, of I got ahold of the BP series, I would write the isht out of Zenzi and Tetu and make them actually threatening on a meaningful way. Tetu early on (before Akili made him his bitch) could of been a great contrast to Tchalla in terms of drawing power.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If u think about it, tetu is super powerful

He does multi panel slow ass dances to do stuff

He must temporarily stop time or warp reality to do that sruff without getting stabbed in the face

High end sorcerer confirned
    Hey MoS your right! And Akili is a time/reality stomper because he straight ran up on his ass and only pis stopped him from killing Tetu and ending the "Huge final fight tjst nearly brought Wakanda to it's knees" I guess these two high end powers were so powerful that we couldn't actually see what all was transpiring on panel because we couldn't handle the highest levels of there power. And Tchalla went full on Omni sorcerer when he speared Tetu ending this clash of powerful wizards

Yoda speaking facts... Truth to power and all that!

Once you get past the indoctrination firewall most militants are fueled by fear and are "suffering" for it!

This is why Killmonger and his daddy N'jobobobobobo were such failures they thought they were being brave but were dead wrong!

Faith would be the opposite of fear... Had they acted in good faith they could have helped oppressed people instead of taking matters into their own hands like Anakin Skywalker and made matters worse than had they just left well enough alone!

N'jobo: "My king, my brother if you could just spare some vibranium for people in need they would be most gracious and thankful to Wakanda!"

King T'chaka: "You know what... They way you just put it out there like that I will sleep on it and get back to you. I was expecting you to go all wide eyed radical but now you got me thinking real deep about this. How about you and your son come on home and let's discuss this on the Royal Talon Fighter that Disney still has not yet released for sale."

Mighty Member

How long do you all suppose it will be before the impact the BP movie had on the younger generations will be felt in the creative sci fi industry? 5, 10, 15, 20 years? (Now I have School House Rock going through my head)
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    How long do you all suppose it will be before the impact the BP movie had on the younger generations will be felt in the creative sci fi industry? 5, 10, 15, 20 years? (Now I have School House Rock going through my head)
    It should take any lengthy amount of time for that level of creative interest to be generated.

Cats of all ages just need to stay actualising their dreams and stop settling for milquetoast self imposed mental limitations.

BANNED

It shouldn't take any lengthy amount of time for that level of creative interest to be generated.

Cats of all ages just need to stay actualising their dreams and stop settling for milquetoast self imposed mental limitations.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-12-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Were already seeing some changes happening. The Wakandacon is a great step to get the ball rolling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It should take any lengthy amount of time for that level of creative interest to be generated.

Sorry, I should have clarified. That is why I am more of a sculpter and not a writer. I have tried for years but have not been able to develop the patience of clarity for writing a coherent or relatable story. Hands on, more immediate mediums are may talent and skill and have worked for a long time simply trying to be inspired to do anything with those. Which is another topic altogether. I should have asked about those young fans newly exposed to the Wakandan mythos who are now playing Wakanda instead instead of Stars Wars with their best friend down the street kind of question.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

The thing is, the best stories aren't "How will hero X defeat villain Y?" They're "How will hero X be affected by it?"

I mean look at your avatar character. One of the most memorable Spidey scenes in HISTORY is the famous "trapped under wreckage" bit.

And I don't even know who the villain WAS in that story. Because it doesn't really matter. The scene was about Peter discovering something about himself.
    I don't disagree... but at the same time I honestly do feel the stories are adversely effected if the villains arent' credible threats to the hero. I think for this genre, a sense of peril should be a part of the story telling. And having villains who are as powerful or even more powerful I think is just sensible in ones rogues gallery. IMO at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i wish i could respond to this in a more explicit and fact-filled way but I'm not allowed to discuss any of the real inner workings. Contracts.

Let's just say that the plot details of the comic are less important than the existence and GENERAL popularity of the comic. No one is sitting down saying "Let's break Wakanda because them damned Africans are too strong." We should always assume everyone is trying their best to put out something great, without malice. They might fail (being human, of course they will be failing someone pretty much all of the time.).

I think there's room for Coates' version of the Panther. It's not my version but, like I said, if I'd got the book, some of you guys would be really mad at me too. Like REALLY mad (evil laugh).
    It's interesting to see what people would be mad at you about.

Would they be mad because you had Panther defeat some of the "untouchable" villains at Marvel?

Would they be mad because you would have portrayed a more hard-edged, uncompromising Panther(some people would complain that he's not human, therefore they can't relate)?

Would they be mad because you would actually show T'Challa's feats and genius on paper rather than off panel?

In the Panther's entire history, we've had far to much of the Noble Negro Panther and not enough of the bad-ass Panther.

We've seen how poorly the most recent solos and spin-offs are doing(Rise being the exception. I wonder why).

Why not see how a badass Panther solo comic will do.

I already get the feeling we will see more of that in your Panther's Quest.

It would be interesting to see if there are people who will love T'Challa in Panther's Quest but will complain if he acts similarly in his own comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    okay.

how do you solve it? let's say a new writer came in with some WILDLY different notions about how to proceed with the character/universe?

for instance- no more galactic wakandans. no more marriage to storm. no more connection or adventures with the ultimates. no more crew.

would you accept any or all of these?
    I look at what Frank Miller did with Daredevil in Born Again.

It wasn't a Daredevil story. It was a Matt Murdock story. Daredevil didn't throw a single punch at Kingpin.

He didn't radically change Matt Murdock.

Keep the foundations in place. You can change the pieces around the character but you don't change the character.

Similar to what David Liss did.