Page 166 of 357 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He means star clusters which can be as large as galaxies, but as small as the few dozens lightyears.

Yeah, I saw the image. None of those regions looks like it holds billions or even millions of stars, so not one of the five is a galaxy.

I can only conclude he doesn't know what a galaxy is, which is rather disappointing. If you're going to say five galaxies, have them be five galaxies. If you mean star systems, say star system.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 10-15-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Achebe for BP2 but upgrade him to a sorcerer / 'enhanced' human. Sort of like Zenzi.

And MCU!T'Challa is adorable, leave him alone!!
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Mighty Member

Redjack, I loved them surfing down the avalanch with tiger shark swimming through the snow.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    A page from the Killmonger mini was tweeted.

https://twitter.com/juaneferreyra/st...72230291316736

It just the Kingpin but the art is going to be amazing.
    I don't love the style, the colors there are absolutely beautiful. I'm likely to skip Shuri (although, if people want to review it on its own merits, I'd be curious), but I'm leaning towards getting Killmonger.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm still predicting a heel turn for M'Baku.

With T'Challa "dead" and Shuri seemingly uninterested in ruling (from what we saw at least), M'Baku seems the likely person to take over while T'Challa is away. But I'm not certain he'll be all that willing to hand it right back when T'Challa returns.

Though obviously all that is conjecture on my part. We'll see.
    We are about 95% confirmed at this point that time travel is going to be involved in Avengers 4

The reign of M'baku is gonna get erased from the timeline.

It would be incredibly interesting though considering he worships a whole different god. Shake belief throughout the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

In addition, it does not help the current predicament that MCU James Buchanan Barnes is called the White Wolf.
    That's probably Cooglers subtle way of putting a full stop Hunter's problematic back story from existing on the big screen

I don't mind stuff like that in comics or cartoons but with the movie... you have 3 shots. Can't be wasting it on something like Hunter.

Achebe for BP2 but upgrade him to a sorcerer / 'enhanced' human. Sort of like Zenzi.
    combining with Tetu makes more sense considering they are both revolutionary types.

Being able to control nature woudl be crazy cinematic too.

I'm still all aboard the Mephisto train until it gets crushed though. You want BP to stand out (again)? Bring in a demon with an ulterior motive (T'challa's/Line of Bashenga's soul). Be the first earth bound MCU movie to get weird and supernatural with it.

Issue with Tetu or Achebe or a hybrid is that it coudl likely result in another Wakandan civil war situation. Which is meh. logical to an extent but meh.

Most logical stories to go to following BP 1 though...

1. Superpower countries around the world want some of that Vibranium now that they know where it is and Wakanda is opening up. T'challa says no. Superpowers aren't happy about that situation. You can have political intrigue, assassination attempts, spies, ect with this. The problem is... who are you going to pin as the bad guys? Can't pick America because $$$. Can't pick China because $$$.

2. Neighboring countries to Wakanda now see their neighbors are rich as hell and want help. T'challa says no or neighbors get greedy. Neighbors aren't happy about the situation

3. Invasions/war. The issue with this is that it is pretty hard to top the IW invasion

4. Wakandans aren't happy with the open country. Heretic/Revolutionary appears. Another Wakandan Civil War

5. something weird, as stated above lol MEPHISTO
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-16-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Heheh @ the denial that MCU M'Baku and BP are bro-skis

Desperately hoping for it to be one way

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Heheh @ the denial that MCU M'Baku and BP are bro-skis

They really are:

- M'baku challenges T'challa. T'challa beats him, could kill him, acts like a king and honorable bro, reminds mbaku his people need him, lets him yield

- T'challa near death, M'baku saves him. When M'baku is offered a chance to power up with the HSH... he instead shows them T'challa.

- T'challa and M'baku have respectful chat about Killmonger. M'baku declines to help, but agrees to watch Ramonda. T'challa leaves respectfully.

- M'baku shows up with his army to help out against killmonger

- T'challa adds M'baku to his inner circle with the rest of the tribal leaders. Jabari are no longer isolated

- M'baku agrees to bring his army to fight some aliens only because T'challa asked. Asked, not demanded.

bros for life

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post

And MCU!T'Challa is adorable, leave him alone!!
    I like him being a sorcerer, but i'd want a distinction between him and Zenzi. From an economic viewpoint, Zenzi will be the next big thing if she's used. Possibly a MCU-Killmonger lite affect on audiences if they focus on her backstory and tie it to Achebe manipulating her. They can make a statement about those 400 Nigerian girls who were kidnapped and the questionable response by the rest of the world, make it analogous by tweaking some of her backstory like they did with Erik.

And, of course, once you've established great black women heroes (Nakia, Okoye, Shuri), it's obvious what will blow the roof off the house next. Zenzi is the attractive but conniving love n hiphop villainess who women love to hate but can't get enough of. She's Cardi B.
    Last edited by Rumble; 10-16-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They really are:

- M'baku challenges T'challa. T'challa beats him, could kill him, acts like a king and honorable bro, reminds mbaku his people need him, lets him yield

- T'challa near death, M'baku saves him. When M'baku is offered a chance to power up with the HSH... he instead shows them T'challa.

- T'challa and M'baku have respectful chat about Killmonger. M'baku declines to help, but agrees to watch Ramonda. T'challa leaves respectfully.

- T'challa adds M'baku to his inner circle with the rest of the tribal leaders. Jabari are no longer isolated

- M'baku agrees to bring his army to fight some aliens only because T'challa asked. Asked, not demanded.

bros for life
    Watch Avengers 4 end with T'Challa and M'Baku wearing matching "Bros 4 Life" t-shirts as BP is back on the throne, but ppl will point out that M'Baku's shirt is a little more wrinkled, hence sowing the seeds for betrayal in BP 2

They really are:

bros for life
    I would agree there is a great deal of respect there.

But I would also argue there are idealogical differences between them on whats best for Wakanda, and at the end of the day I still think if given the chance M'Baku would want T'CHalla's job.

Again, they're allies against a common threat. That doesn't necessarily mean they're entirely on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I would agree there is a great deal of respect there.

But I would also argue there are idealogical differences between them on whats best for Wakanda, and at the end of the day I still think if given the chance M'Baku would want T'CHalla's job.

Again, they're allies against a common threat. That doesn't necessarily mean they're entirely on the same page.
    i don't know if that is true though.

If he didn't want any part of how T'challa was running Wakanda, he could have simply went back to the Jabari lands and ignored him like the Jabari had done for ages.

Him joining the inner circle ando ther tribal leaders seems to point to more IMO

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm still of the opinion that T'Challa next enemy in the MCU at the moment doesn't need to be one that can match him physically. Simply because, T'Challa at the moment is borderline OP (not complaining, I love it).

Achebe is a good fit, and keep him as Achebe. No need for mystical enhancements. Just give me a crazy, highly intelligent and scheming guy. At the very least I'd make him physically threatening the way most James Bond villains are, or like Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character in MI3, or Denzel in The Equaliser. Maybe he can have tech or something that messes with T'Challa's senses and proves to be his weakness. Actually, now that I do think about it, Achebe would be a pretty great villain if he was a telepath or had Zenzi's powers. Kinda like Kilgrave.

But really, I just want this to be a mind game. Give me espionage, spies, politics. Something like Wakanda may have just let a terrorist sect into their borders by opening up, or T'Challa's outreach efforts across the world are being sabotaged. Something that deeply affects T'Challa as a person because they are the consequences of his actions (of good intentions) as king. Something that he has to quell not because he needs to save the world, but if he doesn't it makes him look bad. Something that really drives home that it's hard for a good man to be a king, but it's not impossible. His next conflict really needs to mean something to him because it's against what he believes in. If you have that, putting T'Challa's compassion for something on display, and adding his intelligence and skill as a politician, I think you can have a conflict that really stands out.

Achebe (with some character tweaking) works with this and with everything we know at the moment, makes a whole lot of sense. Zenzi and Tetu can work too but I think with Tetu in particular, it still leads into physical fight territory. And the two of them are just poor characters in a poor story. Mephisto is a weird one because Black Panther hasn't gone full on mystical yet, focusing more on spirituality. It can be added in different ways but I'm not too sure if Coogler wants to touch on that. Everything mystical about the BP mythos so far hasn't been given definite proof in the films.

We are about 95% confirmed at this point that time travel is going to be involved in Avengers 4

The reign of M'baku is gonna get erased from the timeline.

It would be incredibly interesting though considering he worships a whole different god. Shake belief throughout the whole country.

That's probably Cooglers subtle way of putting a full stop Hunter's problematic back story from existing on the big screen

I don't mind stuff like that in comics or cartoons but with the movie... you have 3 shots. Can't be wasting it on something like Hunter.

combining with Tetu makes more sense considering they are both revolutionary types.

Being able to control nature woudl be crazy cinematic too.

I'm still all aboard the Mephisto train until it gets crushed though. You want BP to stand out (again)? Bring in a demon with an ulterior motive (T'challa's/Line of Bashenga's soul). Be the first earth bound MCU movie to get weird and supernatural with it.

Issue with Tetu or Achebe or a hybrid is that it coudl likely result in another Wakandan civil war situation. Which is meh. logical to an extent but meh.

Most logical stories to go to following BP 1 though...

1. Superpower countries around the world want some of that Vibranium now that they know where it is and Wakanda is opening up. T'challa says no. Superpowers aren't happy about that situation. You can have political intrigue, assassination attempts, spies, ect with this. The problem is... who are you going to pin as the bad guys? Can't pick America because $$$. Can't pick China because $$$.

2. Neighboring countries to Wakanda now see their neighbors are rich as hell and want help. T'challa says no or neighbors get greedy. Neighbors aren't happy about the situation

3. Invasions/war. The issue with this is that it is pretty hard to top the IW invasion

4. Wakandans aren't happy with the open country. Heretic/Revolutionary appears. Another Wakandan Civil War

5. something weird, as stated above lol MEPHISTO
    I like the Mephisto angle, another angle could be: America hears about Wakanda being invaded by Thanos forces and how they mollywhooped them pre snap, they are uneasy about their military might especially since they revealed themselves to the world not that long ago, they ask Ross "Wakanda people are they? And Wakanda tech they sporting?" Ross is tight lipped, they get scared, tensions run higher, they hese Bucky, Cap and co were chilling in Wakanda, don't know if they can trust, we get a call back to Hudlin's back to Africa story..

But I an also down for some Mephisto action as it's a break away from civil unrest, and invasion stories

i don't know if that is true though.

If he didn't want any part of how T'challa was running Wakanda, he could have simply went back to the Jabari lands and ignored him like the Jabari had done for ages.

Him joining the inner circle ando ther tribal leaders seems to point to more IMO
    I don't think he necessarily wants the Jabari to be isolated from all of Wakanda. The point of conflict I suspect which will arise from M'Baku (and probably a lot of the other traditionalists in Wakanda) is be Wakanda not being in isolation from the rest of the world.

2 seconds after T'Challa opens up Wakanda's doors, Wakanda is invaded. Objectively speaking, I think you can argue T'Challa did the right thing... but I'm not 100% sure everyone is Wakanda is going to feel that way. M'Baku, despite his respect for T'Challa, might not be the most progressive thinking in the country.

But we'll see. Obviously we're just speculating here.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

They really are:

bros for life
    They're definitely clearly allies right now. Even before Nakia, Shuri, Ramonda and Ross came to him to offer the HSH to overthrow Killmonger, M'Baku kept T'Challa alive for a reason. There's a clear sense of respect and honour between the two of them, and M'Baku regards T'Challa as far as we know as "brother".