Page 170 of 357 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 5350
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    I really want BP2 to have Achebe as a villain (not powered by Mephisto but someone or something more practical). The more I think of it I would like to seem an adapted "The Client" story where we have a villain that is speaks to the political tone of the first movie (Killmonger). Killmonger was a critique on the negligence of Wakandans in addressing the ills of the African Diaspora (particularly the effects of white supremacy even though they never verbally said it). However his goal was reordered Wakanda and seek revenge on the world. I would like to see Achebe to be more a pure psychopath like that comic books who is seeking "revenge" on Wakanda for its negligence.

Also, the movie can play with the idea of how knowledge of the existence of Wakanda is affecting the world. It would be interesting to see T'Challa and Wakanda be seen in the movie how they are in real life. If a fictional Wakanda could be as popular as it is now, a real Wakanda would be insanely popular the Diaspora. Play with that idea and let Achebe be a KONY type figure who is the leader of a group that is in refugee camps at the border of Wakanda due to a Ghudazi civil war that was ultimately the creation of the same factions that are backing Achebe. Also, make Achebe be an enhanced human of a sort. Not Tetu though. Honestly, I keep thinking he should be backed by A.I.M. (tie it back to IM3) led by scientist now US political advisor George Tarleton who basically gives him a version of Extremis except not superstrength, just regeneration and super-computer like intelligence. (Post credits have a BP broken Tartleton hint at becoming MODOK.)

A fan can dream...
    I can't argue with this premise, except I'm not sure what the third film would be.

This is a great film.

Extraordinary Member

I used to want a Kiber the Cruel villain for BP2 before BP1 came out. Due to what we got i find myself wanting Kiber alot less. I like BP being a more political action thriller with sci-fi elements. I'm struggling to see how a Kiber main villain fits in that genre.
    I just want to throw in a pure Kirby BP film between the political stuff. Thor Ragnarok & Guardians films went the Kirby route with great success.

A BP film is capable of going into any genre, imo. The character is that flexible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Kiber is such an obscure character, that odds are if he were used they'd just slap the name on whatever villain happens to fit whatever narrative they are creating. If they want to create a political action thriller, just name whatever bad guy that fits Kiber.
    yeah but if you dont have an island and some sort of teleportation then it is not Kiber.

For a movie, I always thought of Kiber being a Wakandan Design Group-backed scientist (Wakandan or not) who went rogue and and start experimenting on people leading to T'Challa to have to take some action to stop him. After the BP movie we got, I feel as though that is simply not intriguing enough.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I just want to throw in a pure Kirby BP film between the political stuff. Thor Ragnarok & Guardians films went the Kirby route with great success.

A BP film is capable of going into any genre, imo. The character is that flexible.
    The character is that flexible but are the fans? Thor and Guardians didn't veer off their central train. Both are primarily sci-fi fantasy franchises. Thor Ragnarok just subtracted the drama and added became more of a comedy (like Guardians) for more success. Captain America is a character that can do more sci fi a well but I doubt we will see a Dimension Z storyline anytime soon. Although since Captain America ended his trilogy, if they made a new Captain America movie, this would be the best time to try something different.

I'm not saying BP shouldn't go there but I'm saying he shouldn't go there now. Let the franchise mature a bit before we change up the whole genre. Or do it in a event/team movie.

Incredible Member

I'm still not too big on Achebe. Maybe if he was co-villain to somebody who could actually physically go toe to toe with T'Challa. Say what you will about Kraven, but he could provide some cool action beats at least.

At this point I would have no problem with them creating a new adversary for the MCU.

yeah but if you dont have an island and some sort of teleportation then it is not Kiber.

For a movie, I always thought of Kiber being a Wakandan Design Group-backed scientist (Wakandan or not) who went rogue and and start experimenting on people leading to T'Challa to have to take some action to stop him. After the BP movie we got, I feel as though that is simply not intriguing enough.
    That's sort of my point. It won't be Kiber, anymore than Nakia is Nakia or White Wolf is White Wolf. It would likely just be some random character whose name happened to be Kiber.

That's not to say that something couldn't be done with a Kiber character close to the source material... but given how obscure the character is, including him would likely be more an easter egg than anything else.

I think BP 2 should have one villain that is part of his main gallery (i.e Achebe) and another villain who is both a Panther villain and a villain to other heroes or a semi villain (i.e Mephisto/Namor). Will the first movie did a good job in being self contained, I will beleive the sequel needs to have a great impact on other MCU movies especially if Panther is going to have a bigger role post Avengers 4.

If the still want to go on with a self contained tale for the sequel then thats fine. But at the end of the day its the story that is the most important element of the film and if that requires other villains other than BP's rogues gallery or vice versa then so be it.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    AVENGERS #12
    JASON AARON (W) • ED McGUINNESS (A)
    COVER BY ALAN DAVIS

It’s hard to run the Avengers without a support staff. And for a team as wild, weird and insanely powerful as this new Avengers squad, just one Jarvis would never do. Luckily, Black Panther has assembled the wildest and weirdest support staff you’ve ever seen. Meet Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar and the rest of the Agents of Wakanda.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #8
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

“THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA: THE GATHERING OF MY NAME” Part 2
    For years, the Maroons have lain dormant, planning the next stage of their rebellion. At last, it is time to strike — with a treasure hunt for unstable Vibranium! And with the Black Panther once again in their ranks, they’re certain of victory. But what will victory cost? When the chips are down, will the Maroons rise to heroism, or are they doomed by the trauma of their past?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #4 (of 5)
    DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • RICARDO LÓPEZ ORTIZ (A)
    Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN & RAIN BEREDO

INTRODUCING...PANTHER-POOL! (YES, REALLY!)
    A classic Marvel team-up gone terribly wrong! Who could have predicted it?! Luckily, there’s an easy solution. All the Black Panther needs to do is give Deadpool a bullet-sized chunk of the world’s most precious resource and let him return to New York in one piece. Wait, you say that’s a terrible idea and that T’Challa would stop at nothing to keep Vibranium out of Deadpool’s homicidal hands? WELL, YOU’D BE RIGHT! But how do you get rid of an unkillable pest? Buckle up, True Believer, because the Black Panther’s about to do the unthinkable!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

SHURI #4
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
    Cover by SAM SPRATT

WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT IN WAKANDA
    Shuri’s returned from her space adventure with Rocket and Groot — but she’s brought something back with her. And now, centuries-old music and stories are disappearing across Africa. Something is stealing the continent’s cultural history — and its electrical power. Then, as if the heir to the throne didn’t have enough on her plate, a mysterious envoy arrives, and they’re looking for the Black Panther. Life as the princess of Wakanda just got a lot more complicated!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER EPIC COLLECTION: REVENGE OF THE BLACK PANTHER TPB
    Volume #2 in the Black Panther Epic Collections

Written by JACK KIRBY, ED HANNIGAN & PETER B. GILLIS with CHRIS CLAREMONT, JOHN BYRNE & JIM SHOOTER
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY, JERRY BINGHAM & DENYS COWAN with JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Behold as the Black Panther sets out on adventures that only his co-creator, Jack Kirby, could conceive! T’Challa discovers the startling secret of King Solomon’s frog, encounters alien races, battles eternal samurai warriors — and so much more! The history of the Wakandans, their majestic city and their amazing technology are also explored with a power and passion that only Kirby could offer! Plus: The origins of Vibranium! An epic battle between the Black Panther, the Avengers and Ulysses Klaw! T’Challa returns to the American South to root out the evil Soul Strangler’s cult! And Peter B. Gillis and Denys Cowan craft a compelling and contemporary tale as the Black Panther fights apartheid in the neighboring nation of Azania. Collecting BLACK PANTHER (1977) #1-15, MARVEL PREMIERE #51-53, BLACK PANTHER (1988) #1-4 and material from MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #100.
    456 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

There is nothing exciting about any of this. But the real insult is the top bolded. I saw the picture. The group title is not fitting. lol. The closets thing is Shuri sounds like that month will be a Sword and Soul story.

“Killmonger” is more than a chosen name. Erik learned the art of murder as a mere child, trained in mercilessness by Ulysses Klaw himself. But next to Bullseye — the Kingpin’s right-hand killer, the plague of Daredevil, the deadliest assassin in New York City — Killmonger is a lamb up for slaughter
    Last edited by Cville; 10-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I used to want a Kiber the Cruel villain for BP2 before BP1 came out. Due to what we got i find myself wanting Kiber alot less. I like BP being a more political action thriller with sci-fi elements. I'm struggling to see how a Kiber main villain fits in that genre.
    Yeah, I thought Kiber is extremely underrated, but he's far closer to Doctor Who than the tone the Black Panther movies are going for.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

T'challa's next enemy should not be some other characters villain... That's called a hand me down!
    That's what I support too. If BP had a weak first outing then I could see the argument for them bringing in another hero's villain as a stimulus for the franchise. That clearly isn't necessary here and there's no real need except the coolness factor for Coogler to use non-franchise characters against T'Challa.

T'Challa's rogues gallery has plenty of potential by itself and it'd be a much better investment in the IP to build them up rather than importing Namor, Kingpin, or whoever else people keep suggesting. I don't even think they should use him as a vehicle to introduce the Fantastic Four, tbh. They should try that in an ensemble or with a character that will need the ticket boost.

These movies are a real opportunity to raise the profile of some of the neglected villains of T'Challa's past and it'd be a waste to displace them in favor of characters that dilute the brand and may never fully be a part of the franchise. Plus, as a community we always get told to "make our own", so let's do just that and use the wealth of characters that BP has to offer and build something really unique. Same goes for any character, but T'Challa more so given what he represents as a character.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-16-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I thought Kiber is extremely underrated, but he's far closer to Doctor Who than the tone the Black Panther movies are going for.
    I can definitely see that lol!

What about the supremacist? Revamped and renamed? Or is that a no go?

If anyone should die, it would be W'kabi, it affects Tchalla and Okoye, the second most popular female behind Shuri (or tied, hard to say) I honestly would be fine if BP kept itself isolated from bringing in cameos personally, with the exception being Bucky Sense he is camped out snd the white wolf, but just like BP 1 you gut two white guys. Bucky and Ross (sense Klaw dead)

Does it look like they are throwing out the "Rise" Killmonger story, or trying to weave in his original background of being kidnapped by Klaw after he was defeated? Or was it in Rise and I don't remember?

I could be wrong, but it looks like Coates' first Cap arc is only six issues. Somebody talked him of the 12 issue cliff for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    There is nothing exciting about any of this. But the real insult is the top bolded. I saw the picture. The group title is not fitting. lol. The closets thing is Shuri sounds like that month will be a Sword and Soul story.

“Killmonger” is more than a chosen name. Erik learned the art of murder as a mere child, trained in mercilessness by Ulysses Klaw himself. But next to Bullseye — the Kingpin’s right-hand killer, the plague of Daredevil, the deadliest assassin in New York City — Killmonger is a lamb up for slaughter
    Feelin you on all points. I know that the book isn't out yet but.....really of all the characters someone like T'challa can bring together this is the auxiliary crew that HE hand picks? Marvel's who's who of jungle tales! Is Blue Marvel officially dead to Marvel? Versus Deadpool, so they pair him up with a goofus character like that??? I can't recall the time Iron Man or Captain America teamed up with Deadpool. Pass on Shuri. Thinking about the Killmonger book but it's funny how the first part of the intro builds him up just for the second half to need him. Strange way to start a new book. Far as Coates goes I think Marvel treats him like the X-department, they leave him be and tell him to turn the lights out when he's done.