Page 2 of 357 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Seriously who at Marvel thought it was best to put a bunch of CGI over this? Or thought it was best to use nothing but a CGI model.

Tchalla, the Black Panther, has crushed milestone after milestone. People thought it wouldn't be this big. Yet he is bigger then any Batman or James Bond movie. He is the biggest super hero in history and has crushed the notion that black led films can't be successful

All hail the King. Earth's Mightiest Hero

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Tchalla, the Black Panther, has crushed milestone after milestone. People thought it wouldn't be this big. Yet he is bigger then any Batman or James Bond movie. He is the biggest super hero in history and has crushed the notion that black led films can't be successful

Unfortunately, under Coates, the BP solo book doesn't reflect this fact.

The book is still garbage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Unfortunately, under Coates, the BP solo book doesn't reflect this fact.

The book is still garbage.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Looking forward to sonic's reaction
    “Listen, a year ahead of time, we had no idea ‘Wakanda Forever’ was going to be amazing. We tested this movie a few times, and when we got to this scene, most of the audiences, say in January and early February, went, ‘Oh this is an interesting place, I’ve never been here before.’ After mid-February, once Black Panther had come out, this scene gets a huge cheer. It just rewards you investing in these characters. I shouldn’t have been surprised, but boy, I was really pleased.”
    “It was a big conversation early on. I said, ‘We’re going to set a lot of the third act in Wakanda, because if you’re going to go anywhere in the world to protect a McGuffin from an evil alien, it’s going to be Wakanda.’”
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...er-successful/

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Black Panther Explained:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Looking forward to sonic's reaction

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...er-successful/
    My reaction is that it makes sense they didn't think Black Panther would be as huge because Wakanda was much weaker in IW then Black Panther. Why the hell would T'challa not use the high tech rhino's when there is alien's trying to kill his people. The Russo brother just use Wakanda as a wallpaper for a Big fight. They didn't bring any new character development for Wakanda or Wakanda characters.

Question for the group:

General "I am new to BP what should I read" suggestions were:

1. Priest's The Client
    2. Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther
    3. maaaaaaaaaybe SWAD

With Rise of the Black Panther essentially being a retold origin book... would you put it at the top fo the list or do you feel it is too "jarring" in comparison to priest and hudlins panther and wakanda? Meaning, they would read it, then jump to say Priest, and go, "wait a second... where is the force push? where is shuri? where is syan?" ect?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Question for the group:

1. Priest's The Client
    3. maaaaaaaaaybe SWAD

With Rise of the Black Panther essentially being a retold origin book... would you put it at the top fo the list or do you feel it is too "jarring" in comparison to priest and hudlins panther and wakanda? Meaning, they would read it, then jump to say Priest, and go, "wait a second... where is the force push? where is shuri? where is syan?" ect?
    "Rise" would probably work best read in floppies in conjunction with other trades. Read rise #1 and #2. Then read "Who is...." Then Rise 3-6 followed by Bad Mutha. Finish up with the Client.

Double post. I'll do my edit here. Lol

Rise is more of a highlight reel. A new reading wouldn't get a full linear story from that alone.
    Last edited by Cville; 08-05-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Question for the group:

1. Priest's The Client
    3. maaaaaaaaaybe SWAD

War dog present!

I think you should put a list of the BP essentials on the opening post. Makes it easier to find and refer newcomers to. We could put some of BP's tech stuff on there too.

I put a list of all the Iron Man armors on his thread, sort of an Iron Manual. I'll add an essential reading list.

Double-Double Post-Post.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-05-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    War dog present!

I think you should put a list of the BP essentials on the opening post. Makes it easier to find and refer newcomers to. We could put some of BP's tech stuff on there too.

I put a list of all the Iron Man armors on his thread, sort of an Iron Manual. I'll add an essential reading list.

Yeah ill do that, just have to copy from the blog.

Hopefully forum starts working soon... pita right now

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Double post good lord