Page 241 of 357 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Sales are preorder sales so I honestly think it was World of Wakanda. I think the sales of that book disappointed to the point where people didn't want to preorder The Crew, which led it to getting cancelled effectively before anyone read a single issue.
    This does make you wonder how Rise was able to hold its sales in this pre-order market.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This, in addition to the fact that I think some of these books were push by black for the sake of black ideology, and that is almost always problematic. Using a black character, fine give it strong primise, writing and art. Step back and let the pieces fall where they will. DC went and got Morrison and Liam Sharp for a 5th redo in attempt to bring attention to Hal Jordan Green Lantern. Why hasn't Marvel done this for Black Panther or Luke Cage, or any other book with black characters that they're attempting to push. Personally I think they lack the fortitude to put big guns on black character books.
    That's the definition of the Shuri book, and Wakanda Forever.

Just throw a black writer on the book (who's a hack at writing comics), throw a sloppy premise together that's sprinkled with black people, throw in some shitty art, and then blame it on black people don't sell or no MCU influence when the **** tanks.

BANNED

I'm not sure what kind of numbers you guys expect from a Franchise lead By a black male character..

I think these numbers are fine and I will continue to support em..

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This does make you wonder how Rise was able to hold its sales in this pre-order market.
    Prob word of mouth by not being ****.

Sales still ended up being low bc of the attrition from the trash before it, but at least those who did read it liked it a lot perhaps.

The self-sabotage is what's really annoying.

Why does BPvsDP have doodoo art?

Why do we go back to the same hack comic writer writing the same lazy storylines? Wouldn't let that writer near another solo marvel character with a 10 foot pole, but go on ahead and keep on writing those bp characters! Bc you're black and they're black!

BANNED

I'm all about positivity and all these BP tie in are great and I enjoyed the majority..

BP and Moon Knight are my favorite characters I know they will
    Never be Marvel's biggest sellers..

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    I'm all about positivity and all these BP tie in are great and I enjoyed the majority..

BP and Moon Knight are my favorite characters I know they will
    Never be Marvel's biggest sellers..
    Yeah, that is what they said about the movie too.

F all that ****. BP was in the "highest selling solo" competition for months. Right up there with Wolverine and Deadpool. It has been PROVEN that there is a population out their that will buy BP FLOPPIES of all things high enough to run with Wolverine and Deadpool.

I refuse to settle.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Like make a mega budget super hero action movie?
    y'all are just asking this man to write an inspired lightning in a bottle type script again with the expectations of the world on his shoulders like it no big deal.

You can't force creative genius got to let it come organically. So any positive insight or tips he can get would be great especially to ward of negative influences now that everyone once his ear after the historic/monumental success of BP
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The self-sabotage is what's really annoying.

Why does BPvsDP have doodoo art?

Why do we go back to the same hack comic writer writing the same lazy storylines? Wouldn't let that writer near another solo marvel character with a 10 foot pole, but go on ahead and keep on writing those bp characters! Bc you're black and they're black!
    Can't even be bothered to find black comic writers lol. Just gotta be black and can type a little bit.

"Coates, can you call one of your friends please? Our "black people" roledex only has Priest and Walker in it and Priest keeps hanging up the phone as soon as he hears the word "black."

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    y'all are just asking this man to write an inspired lightning in a bottle type script again with the expectations of the world on his shoulders like it no big deal.

You can't force creative genius got to let it come organically. So any positive insight or tips he can get would be great especially to ward of negative influences now that everyone once his ear after the historic/monumental success of BP
    Naw, im asking coogler to be coolger and Feige to be Feige and am going to trust it ends up alright.

I have the same expectations as before: to be entertained. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

here's the thing though. Coates captain America is soaring comparatively better than the BP book, and black panther vs dp didnt have coates name tied to it. I even recall people saying how good the book was and yet it didnt sale that great. it's the point I was trying to make a while back, Coates may leave one day but that doesnt guarentee people actually want to read about the character. just because the movies do well dont meant these same people will flock to comicbook store to pick up the book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I honestly don't think whether or not the next BP movie will do as well will be a matter of creativity. Coogler and Feige both have solid track records, so odds are quality won't be the problem.

I think the big question mark will be whether or not the next movie will become this social phenomenon that the first one was. There was more to the sucess of the first BP movie than it just being a good movie (which it very much was). There was something else going on there... the question mark will be whether or not that can happen again. And I don't think it will be entirely dependent on whether or not the next movie is good. I don't doubt that Coogler will put out another good film... but whether or not the next one does as well as the first may not entirely be in his control.

But I think it's fair to assume it will do very well no matter what. It's just a matter of how well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    here's the thing though. Coates captain America is soaring comparatively better than the BP book, and black panther vs dp didnt have coates name tied to it. I even recall people saying how good the book was and yet it didnt sale that great. it's the point I was trying to make a while back, Coates may leave one day but that doesnt guarentee people actually want to read about the character. just because the movies do well dont meant these same people will flock to comicbook store to pick up the book.
    It sold well enough Also Cap will always sell better than BP no matter who the writer is..

Black Panther #4: 73,302

Deadpool vs Punisher #1 with normal art: 45,509

Deadpool vs Old Man Logan #1 with normal art: 56,708

Black Panther #4: 73,302

Deadpool vs Punisher #1 with normal art: 45,509

Deadpool vs Old Man Logan #1 with normal art: 56,708
    Yup, he was selling better than Captain America and a lot of the solo characters just off the Civil war hype and many years without a solo...

... all wasted.

Even WoW did very well out the gate bc of movie hype (dragging BP and wakanda in the cover title)...

...all wasted.

Sigh