Page 257 of 357 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Funny as heck but so very true! I think it's a matter of TV and movies having higher stakes so there is greater scrutiny on talent than the books. The comic world is still ruled with an iron fist by middle aged white dudes and when it comes to richly, writing black characters its a mixed bag.
    That's the only way you smoke out racism to be honest. You want to stifle institutional racism in america, remove 1/3rd to half the white folks in all high ranking government jobs and top level positions in fortunate 500 companies, then fill those positions with educated black and brown folks. lol You want BP, Blade, Monica (either one), Luke to be treated like Cap, Hawkeye, and Punisher... fire 1/3rd to half of Marvel's editorial and hire a bunch of 4sake's and ezyos and blind widjets. Bring balance to the universe.

The reason why racism ain't going anywhere nor making much progress past the superficial is because you're not going to get the Bog Iger's of the world and all his direct reports and cronies, to step down unless some Papa Johns-ass Kaep ish happens or some Donald Sterling ish goes down, and even then there's about ten other 60 year old rich white ppl in line to take over in case that ish happens, plus their grand kids to keep the cycle going and the wealth monoplized. Ppl will always be racist, kumbaya ish is for the birds bc its always temporary, but you tell me how to get a 1/3rd to half of us infiltrated in the top 10% wealth and 1/3rd to half infiltrated in both house, senate, CIA, and marvel editorial, and i'll tell you my friend how we mitigate this racism issue in america. wakanda forever

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That's the only way you smoke out racism to be honest. You want to stifle institutional racism in america, remove 1/3rd to half the white folks in all high ranking government jobs and top level positions in fortunate 500 companies, then fill those positions with educated black and brown folks. lol You want BP, Blade, Monica (either one), Luke to be treated like Cap, Hawkeye, and Punisher... fire 1/3rd to half of Marvel's editorial and hire a bunch of 4sake's and ezyos and blind widjets. Bring balance to the universe.

The reason why racism ain't going anywhere nor making much progress past the superficial is because you're not going to get the Bog Iger's of the world and all his direct reports and cronies, to step down unless some Papa Johns-ass Kaep ish happens or some Donald Sterling ish goes down, and even then there's about ten other 60 year old rich white ppl in line to take over in case that ish happens, plus their grand kids to keep the cycle going and the wealth monoplized. Ppl will always be racist, kumbaya ish is for the birds bc its always temporary, but you tell me how to get a 1/3rd to half of us infiltrated in the top 10% wealth and 1/3rd to half infiltrated in both house, senate, CIA, and marvel editorial, and i'll tell you my friend how we mitigate this racism issue in america. wakanda forever
    Hey, remember when Coates told the peeps at the "Marvel Creators Retreat" that killing Rhodey during CWII was going to look horrible?

And they all giggled, gave him a pat on the back, and then had Thanos punch a hole in his chest

Pretty much a microcosm of the whole system lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey, remember when Coates told the peeps at the "Marvel Creators Retreat" that killing Rhodey during CWII was going to look horrible?

And they all giggled, gave him a pat on the back, and then had Thanos punch a hole in his chest

Perfect example that encapsulates everything! lmao

Rhodey done took so many Ls

And don't forget they were all high fiving each other thinking giving MCU T'Challa a British accent would be in NO WAY problematic lol

Like dkrook said, there's more scrutiny in tv/film, especially if someone like Chadwick Boseman says fukk ur ideas, and the social media wildfire, but maaan, in the comics... like Hudlin said, still so backwards. Easier for the good ol boys to mask their bullshit

Fire half them muthafuckas and replace em with some mrmajestic, marvell, and mos lookin muthafuckas. But how do we do that? Tell me the answer and i'll tell you how we mitigate racism in the floppy books

Like dkrook said, there's more scrutiny in tv/film, especially if someone like Chadwick Boseman says fukk ur ideas, and the social media wildfire, but maaan, in the comics... like Hudlin said, still so backwards. Easier for the good ol boys to mask their bullshit

Fire half them muthafuckas and replace em with some mrmajestic, marvell, and mos lookin muthafuckas. But how do we do that? Tell me the answer and i'll tell you how we mitigate racism in the floppy books
    We definitely need to get you that Infinity Gauntlet so that you can Thanos that ish real quick like, cause in a War of Realms involving (nordic) gods, elves and fairies. I don't much room for an African monarch to get some shine moments. I guess we'll have to see. BTW why are we even debating why Wasp should be the second best option as leader for Avengers on BLACK PANTHER page, while he is the current leader of said group at that?????? Anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Firstly I think arguing Wasp not wanting to kill Grim Reaper being the cause of the destruction of the earth isn't entirely a direct cause and effect sort of thing.

And secondly, my point is that sometimes heroes put their principals first. That's what seperates them from villains, but that can also come at a price. Sometimes doing the morally wrong thing is the best thing from a purely objective sense... but heroes have a knack of not wanting to compromise themselves, consequences be damned. But given heroes are pretty much able to save the day without compromising themselves a good 90% of the time, they probably deserve the benefit of the doubt in this regard.
    Did wasp have a chance to kill grim reaper yes or no?

Did wasp kill him yes or no?

Did grim reaper blow up a planet Killing everyone on said planet yes or no?

Does that hold wasp, who had the chance, responsible yes or no?

Is T'Challa NOT wanting to mass murder billion's of innocent people the same as not wanting to kill one villain? (T'Challa would kill said villain in the most brutal way if it meant saving the world)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Did wasp have a chance to kill grim reaper yes or no?

Did wasp kill him yes or no?

Did grim reaper blow up a planet Killing everyone on said planet yes or no?

Does that hold wasp, who had the chance, responsible yes or no?

Is T'Challa NOT wanting to mass murder billion's of innocent people the same as not wanting to kill one villain? (T'Challa would kill said villain in the most brutal way if it meant saving the world)
    The difference is a matter of scale and degree, though the principal of it is the same. It's a hero choosing not to conpromise their principals even if it hurts the greater good.

Wasp didn't kill one person to save the world, while Tchalla wasn't willing to kill billions of innocent peoole (who theoretically die either way) to save 2 entire universes. Tchallas choice was bigger and in some ways harder, but it shows the same liability ... heroes sometimes won't compromise themselves even if it objectively speaking is the smart thing to do.

But again, point being Wasp likely is a very solid choice to lead an Avengers team. I'd argue maybe the only choice that makes descent sense, unless this is a straight up black opps assasin thing. Then yeah .... she doesn't work. None of them do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    What’s the point of Odin being here He can literally one shot the rest of the agents of wakanda with a blink why is he on this team? He’s far above the rest of the teams power level?
    Blue Marvel and Monica rambeau would own Odin. Monica can hurt zeus a god. Blue Marvel can one shot sentry, yet they were on a team with Black panther. It''s comics this happens all the time so you have no point.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Blue Marvel and Monica rambeau would own Odin. Monica can hurt zeus a god. Blue Marvel can one shot sentry, yet they were on a team with Black panther. It''s comics this happens all the time so you have no point.
    Monica could hurt Zeus, but she and the rest of the Avengets were clearly outpowered by him.

And Blue Marvel didn't really one shot Sentry. It was an even fight which Sentry didn't actually lose.

Which isn't to say that heroes can't beat Odin ... but written properly Odin is on a whole other level.

T'Challa, unlike his sister, talks a harsher game than he actually delivers (and that's by no means a critism). He will threaten to kill semi-regularly, but his actual kill count is fairly conservative. A lot of it is made up of Klaw, who you can kill to your hearts content since he always comes back anyways.
    He doesn't threaten to kill semi regularly. And he has no issue's Killing. This whole empty threat shit started with Hickman, prior to that he killed plenty

He doesn't threaten to kill semi regularly. And he has no issue's Killing. This whole empty threat shit started with Hickman, prior to that he killed plenty
    I don't agree he has no issues will killing. Again, his body count is overall pretty consevative. But certainly he'll do it if he feels its necessary. Modern day comic heroes are more laxed about killing than they were in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

This while also Coates fueled this flame of racism by giving us the most ass backwards, racist stereotypical western view of Africa, and dumped this flaming, runny pile of isht right on T'Challas lap

The difference is a matter of scale and degree, though the principal of it is the same. It's a hero choosing not to conpromise their principals even if it hurts the greater good.

Wasp didn't kill one person to save the world, while Tchalla wasn't willing to kill billions of innocent peoole (who theoretically die either way) to save 2 entire universes. Tchallas choice was bigger and in some ways harder, but it shows the same liability ... heroes sometimes won't compromise themselves even if it objectively speaking is the smart thing to do.

But again, point being Wasp likely is a very solid choice to lead an Avengers team. I'd argue maybe the only choice that makes descent sense, unless this is a straight up black opps assasin thing. Then yeah .... she doesn't work. None of them do.
    T'Challa would of killed grim reaper without hesitation, skipping a beat, and would of carried on. Straight up.

I don't agree he has no issues will killing. Again, his body count is overall pretty consevative. But certainly he'll do it if he feels its necessary. Modern day comic heroes are more laxed about killing than they were in the 80's.
    Right.. tell that to Klaw in WitBP, the werewolf, the dude who T'Challa slit his throat, the super skrull he shattered his knee and the one he decapitated, and the general and the rest of the skrull army. And Thanos army that came to Wakanda and hyda caps army... Yeah real conservative lol

T'Challa would of killed grim reaper without hesitation, skipping a beat, and would of carried on. Straight up.

Right.. tell that to Klaw in WitBP, the werewolf, the dude who T'Challa slit his throat, the super skrull he shattered his knee and the one he decapitated, and the general and the rest of the skrull army. And Thanos army that came to Wakanda and hyda caps army... Yeah real conservative lol
    Conservative I suppose is relative. Honestly I think Steve has a higher on panel kill count than T'CHalla. Like I sad T'challa will kill, but there are plenty of villains who arguably deserve to be killed which T'Challa simply punches out and locks up. Which for most heroes is the norm.

And unlike a lot if heroes legality and due process isn't even a hindurance. He simply chooses not to kill his enemies the vast majority of the time, because that's just what heroes do.

Ultimate Member

Can't be better said...

Also, we need more black and brown people behind the scenes to provide checks and balances on the bullshit

Basically we need more black and brown people in charge. Preferably those who are passionate about the character (not an agenda, unless the agenda is to make the character the best thing ever).

So yea we need to fire like 1/3rd of Marvel's current staff, and put the fear of god in the rest of them to get their shit together.
    Part of me wants to agree with that and part of me doesn't.
    Why because you can have as many black folks you want collecting checks from Marvel-you can still have MESS.

Because the nasty reality comes down to how much WORK are you willing to put in.
    Are you going to give me stuff with black to make you feel good or pander? Or are you going to give no you know whats and tell it like it is?

It is painfully obvious nobody currently at Marvel grew up liking or loving the character.
    And that person will NOT be at Marvel for another 30 years if at all.
    Because if you are relaying on comics to get that fan-forget it. Black Panther does not leave a large pile of unsold books that pack bins like others-including those books that trash him.

And even if he was in other books that made him look good-if they only feature a certain demo-black folks are not going to bother. Just like they are ignoring the DC 100 Page books. I finally saw them and they were in BULK.