Page 258 of 357 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 5350
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey, remember when Coates told the peeps at the "Marvel Creators Retreat" that killing Rhodey during CWII was going to look horrible?

And they all giggled, gave him a pat on the back, and then had Thanos punch a hole in his chest

Pretty much a microcosm of the whole system lol
    That is because they thought no one would care and they got a reality check. We pay attention to who is running around in comics even if we don't buy the books.

Marvel gonna learn the same lesson that DC is slowly discovering-you can only play with folks for so long.

For all the crap done to Panther, Shuri and other POC at Marvel-whose POC are in better shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa would of killed grim reaper without hesitation, skipping a beat, and would of carried on. Straight up.

Right.. tell that to Klaw in WitBP, the werewolf, the dude who T'Challa slit his throat, the super skrull he shattered his knee and the one he decapitated, and the general and the rest of the skrull army. And Thanos army that came to Wakanda and hyda caps army... Yeah real conservative lol
    There are generally in story reasons when tchalla hasnt killed people he probably should.

For instance, kraven. Tchalla was gonna rip his throat out if he wasnt stopped. Ditto for klaw in priest run.

Even coates explained why he wasnt killing the goons in The People.. because they were wakandans. And even still, he threw a spear into tetus chest.

In the .modern era aka from priest on (before that doesnt count. Old comics rarely killed anyone), tchalla has never been a "i dont kill" character. It isnt his go to move ala punisher or wolverine but the posters acting like he is a saint are just being obtuse.

His kill count is low ish because he doesn't have 600 solo appearances plus star in 50 team books and lead 25 events books. It id not due to the characters moral status.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There are generally in story reasons when tchalla hasnt killed people he probably should.

For instance, kraven. Tchalla was gonna rip his throat out if he wasnt stopped. Ditto for klaw in priest run.

Even coates explained why he wasnt killing the goons in The People.. because they were wakandans. And even still, he threw a spear into tetus chest.

In the .modern era aka from priest on (before that doesnt count. Old comics rarely killed anyone), tchalla has never been a "i dont kill" character. It isnt his go to move ala punisher or wolverine but the posters acting like he is a saint are just being obtuse.

His kill count is low ish because he doesn't have 600 solo appearances plus star in 50 team books and lead 25 events books. It id not due to the characters moral status.
    The fact that Tetu is alive and well despite scheming a rebellion which even blew up his mother shows where his moral stance is. He'll kill if it's necessary ... no one is disputing that. But more times than not he simply punches them out and has them locked up if that's an option. And that's not a bad thing. That's how it's supposed to work for the most part.

the future is looking bright

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Part of me wants to agree with that and part of me doesn't.
    Why because you can have as many black folks you want collecting checks from Marvel-you can still have MESS.

Because the nasty reality comes down to how much WORK are you willing to put in.
    Are you going to give me stuff with black to make you feel good or pander? Or are you going to give no you know whats and tell it like it is?

And that person will NOT be at Marvel for another 30 years if at all.
    Because if you are relaying on comics to get that fan-forget it. Black Panther does not leave a large pile of unsold books that pack bins like others-including those books that trash him.

And even if he was in other books that made him look good-if they only feature a certain demo-black folks are not going to bother. Just like they are ignoring the DC 100 Page books. I finally saw them and they were in BULK.
    Or said person gets his exciting and refreshing pitch passed over for the same ole same regurgitated story thats only unique spin is that it packed as many racist stereotype's it could into the story.

Luckily said person is Killing it on the animation side

Yeah, except the thing is, the people weren't actually Wakandan that's the only flaw with his reasoning. Priest's reasons were legitimate because it's not that he all of a sudden has a change of heart, but he was actually stopped from an outside source.

The J-man

I can't wait for the Marvel team up Christmas special between Black Panther and The Grinch...

The Grinch goes hard... I hope T'challa can keep up intellectually speaking!

My X-mas Avengers Team - Black Panther (Snow Leopard Gear version), Frosty The Snowman (aka Big Frost), Rudolph The Light Saber Red Nosed Reindeer, The Abominable Snow Beyotch (the muscle), Mrs. Kris Kringle (Who really does all the work while Santa gets all the credit) and one of them random elves for pure tokenism reasons and politically correct specs!
    Get Hectic!

T'challa is so moral he won't kill Tetu!!!!

or.... he didn't want to turn Tetu into a martyr

But yeah, let's go with the, "tchalla is a wimp" excuse instead to fit a narrative.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, except the thing is, the people weren't actually Wakandan that's the only flaw with his reasoning. Priest's reasons were legitimate because it's not that he all of a sudden has a change of heart, but he was actually stopped from an outside source.
    I *think* Coates was implying some Wakandans joined the The People. Hence why Chang's speech worked on some of them.

And hell, Tetu was Wakandan. I think Niganda was more of a base of operations + first recruits type of thing.

T'challa is so moral he won't kill Tetu!!!!

or.... he didn't want to turn Tetu into a martyr

But yeah, let's go with the, "tchalla is a wimp" excuse instead to fit a narrative.
    Firstly choosing not to kill a villain you beat doesnt make you a wimp. If that were the case 95% of the heroes out there would be wimps, which obviously isn't the case.

Secondly you were the one that brought up T'Challa throwing a spear at Tetu. So I think its fair to mention it was a non lethal attack and he was left alive and well.

Point being the norm is for him to not kill the bad guy after he beats them. And that by no means is a bad thing. Certainly doesn't make him a wimp. It's the norm for the genre even now. And in the meta sense its obviously necessary for storytelling since you need bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the future is looking bright

If only it was canon

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    We definitely need to get you that Infinity Gauntlet so that you can Thanos that ish real quick like, cause in a War of Realms involving (nordic) gods, elves and fairies. I don't much room for an African monarch to get some shine moments. I guess we'll have to see. BTW why are we even debating why Wasp should be the second best option as leader for Avengers on BLACK PANTHER page, while he is the current leader of said group at that?????? Anyone!
    So that's what it'll take We finally got the answer to mitigating this racism problem in America. With a snap of my finger i'd layoff half the white CEOs in banks, corporations, and the Feds, and replace them with the blackest most qualified mf'ers in the world while sparing everyone the grueling recruitment and interview process. I call that... mercy.

I mean, realistically, it's either that or the Killmonger way... the rich aren't getting off they comfy couch any other way...

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Part of me wants to agree with that and part of me doesn't.
    Why because you can have as many black folks you want collecting checks from Marvel-you can still have MESS.

Because the nasty reality comes down to how much WORK are you willing to put in.
    Are you going to give me stuff with black to make you feel good or pander? Or are you going to give no you know whats and tell it like it is?
    Nope. Bet on black damn it!

Don't play with me skyvolt!

If half the people working on all levels of Marvel become black, including the CEOs and shareholders, then there's no collecting checks from Marvel as if Marvel is still ran by 90% white people and the blacks are just the underlings and mascots.

Just stay out of my way as i get the gauntlet. This is bigger than the both of us, i don't want to eFight you, but i will!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    So that's what it'll take We finally got the answer to mitigating this racism problem in America. With a snap of my finger i'd layoff half the white CEOs in banks, corporations, and the Feds, and replace them with the blackest most qualified mf'ers in the world while sparing everyone the grueling recruitment and interview process. I call that... mercy.

I mean, realistically, it's either that or the Killmonger way... the rich aren't getting off they comfy couch any other way...
    Is there a single non white higher up at Marvel comics? Anyone above writer?