Page 337 of 357 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Spider-Man into The Spider-Verse
    Black Panther
    Aquaman was boring until the final Act.
    Though I wouldn't quite put Aquaman in the same league as the other two, I thought it was a lot of fun. It arguably slowed down a bit in the middle there, but most super hero movies do. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but better than Justice League. So the DCEU is overall heading in the right direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Spider-Man into The Spider-Verse
    Black Panther
    Aquaman was boring until the final Act.
    Your right. Aquaman had plot holes and was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You had folks OPENLY praying Black Panther would bomb so bad EVERY employee at Marvel would lose their jobs and Disney would go bankrupt. Lead by a black guy who is still trying to get folks to boycott Marvel and calls Ms Marvel the biggest failure next to Black Panther.

Spiderverse did not face any of that. Even the leaders of anti you know what groups could not bash the film. It did everything to show respect to others and STILL the lead got to save the day BY HIMSELF. It was the movie that was the breathe of fresh air folks WANTED. And it gave the green light to expand beyond Peter Parker.

Aquaman like WW is trying to prove it doesn't need to be held hostage by needing some guy in a bat suit to be decent or good. It's also sad that so many of those fans are so desperate for a DC film to outdo a Marvel one that they are proclaiming Miles's film a flop because of overseas numbers.
    I don't know if Miles film count as a marvel film, since it's made by Sony. If you count the Fox and Sony stuff, there are a couple of movies which did as bad or worse than some of the DC stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You had folks OPENLY praying Black Panther would bomb so bad EVERY employee at Marvel would lose their jobs and Disney would go bankrupt. Lead by a black guy who is still trying to get folks to boycott Marvel and calls Ms Marvel the biggest failure next to Black Panther.

Spiderverse did not face any of that. Even the leaders of anti you know what groups could not bash the film. It did everything to show respect to others and STILL the lead got to save the day BY HIMSELF. It was the movie that was the breathe of fresh air folks WANTED. And it gave the green light to expand beyond Peter Parker.

Aquaman like WW is trying to prove it doesn't need to be held hostage by needing some guy in a bat suit to be decent or good. It's also sad that so many of those fans are so desperate for a DC film to outdo a Marvel one that they are proclaiming Miles's film a flop because of overseas numbers.
    Long post again but never made it clear. They hate Black Panther and Miles films because they are black. Their films has to deal with hate because the leads are black. They hate black life because they know Africans started civilization and make everything look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Though I don't agree with the boring part, I do agree with the plot holes. The writer of Aquaman clearly didn't pay attention (or simply ignored) what we learned about Aquaman in Justice League, just like the Wonder Woman writer didn't pay attention or ignored Wonder WOman in Superman vs Batman.

I think that highlights the amazing job Marvel did creating this shared universe. There are a few flaws here and there, but overally they have done a pretty amazing job mashing nearly two dozen movies together into this giant framework. A character in the DCEU can't go 2 appearances without retconning what we previously saw.

BANNED

Still a solid film for THE DCEU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As far as Aquaman goes, there was nothing remotely "boring" about that movie at all.

On point storyline, engaging characters, strong CGI and solidly well lit action sequences, this movie had all bases covered.
    I expect greatness and that Movie wasnt it chief..

BANNED

Long post again but never made it clear. They hate Black Panther and Miles films because they are black. Their films has to deal with hate because the leads are black. They hate black life because they know Africans started civilization and make everything look cool.
    Into The Spider-Verse is getting universal praise actually

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I don't agree with the boring part, I do agree with the plot holes. The writer of Aquaman clearly didn't pay attention (or simply ignored) what we learned about Aquaman in Justice League, just like the Wonder Woman writer didn't pay attention or ignored Wonder WOman in Superman vs Batman.

I think that highlights the amazing job Marvel did creating this shared universe. There are a few flaws here and there, but overally they have done a pretty amazing job mashing nearly two dozen movies together into this giant framework. A character in the DCEU can't go 2 appearances without retconning what we previously saw.
    The parts they ignored in those films where pretty weak/bad anyway. Both movies (WW & Aquaman) were better off ignoring it, in my opinion. Sad to say but the best parts of Synderverse is in use of the Synderverse.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

I think Aquaman purposely ignored a lot of JL. Or simply recommend Arthur's involvement.

That being said, I agree that Aquaman was a lot of fun but very light. Still far better than BvS and Suicide Squad.

I saw Aquaman yesterday.

It was visually stunning, but the story was flawed at best, and the strongest performances came from the supporting cast, not the leads.

As a friend of mine put it, it tried to be THOR: RAGNAROK and BLACK PANTHER at the same time, and it just didn't work.

Also: Apparently Atlanteans believe that doors are for octopussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I saw Aquaman yesterday.

It was visually stunning, but the story was flawed at best, and the strongest performances came from the supporting cast, not the leads.

As a friend of mine put it, it tried to be THOR: RAGNAROK and BLACK PANTHER at the same time, and it just didn't work.

I think part of the problem with Aquaman is that for whatever reason, fair or not, it's hard to NOT compare it to the Black Panther movie. And that's such a high bench mark to compare something to. I think it might have benefitted a little if it had come out before Black Panther.

All that said, I thought the movie worked reasonably well in a void. If you ignore the previously established DCEU canon and you ignore marvel movies entirely, it's a fun enough super hero film. It's not a GREAT movie, but it was pretty and it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I saw Aquaman yesterday.

Good comparison.

Worth my money, ill watch it again, but aint on the upper tier of comic movies or anything
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I think part of the problem with Aquaman is that for whatever reason, fair or not, it's hard to NOT compare it to the Black Panther movie. And that's such a high bench mark to compare something to. I think it might have benefitted a little if it had come out before Black Panther.

All that said, I thought the movie worked reasonably well in a void. If you ignore the previously established DCEU canon and you ignore marvel movies entirely, it's a fun enough super hero film. It's not a GREAT movie, but it was pretty and it was fun.
    I think the comparable comes from the fact that Aquaman is regarded as a mongrel for being of mixed blood, and the fact that his bad guy actually has a point. I mean, we are screwing up the oceans bad. Like BP (heh), it touches on real world issues.

But Aquaman never really delved into either. His half blood nature seems to be quickly forgotten and the issue of pollution, which would make Orm seem more reasonable, is never once touched upon. They rely entirely on the audience to agree or disagree.

It was a good movie, don't get me wrong. And it didn't waste a great deal of potential, like Suicide Squad. But it didn't have the emotional resonance that the average MU movie has, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the comparable comes from the fact that Aquaman is regarded as a mongrel for being of mixed blood, and the fact that his bad guy actually has a point. I mean, we are screwing up the oceans bad. Like BP (heh), it touches on real world issues.

But Aquaman never really delved into either. His half blood nature seems to be quickly forgotten and the issue of pollution, which would make Orm seem more reasonable, is never once touched upon. They rely entirely on the audience to agree or disagree.

It was a good movie, don't get me wrong. And it didn't waste a great deal of potential, like Suicide Squad. But it didn't have the emotional resonance that the average MU movie has, IMO.
    Yeah, the Aquaman movie intentionally kept things light. There are some more adult oriented issues the movie briefly touched on but never really delved into such as enviromental issues and his mixed heritage. With some tweaking this could have been a far more serious thought provoking film.

But I don't know... maybe it's a good thing it didn't bother. I think just making it a fun action film was the safer easier route, but given how the DCEU has been struggling so much to even put out a film that doesn't flat out suck I can't entirely fault them for not trying to be more than what it was. It won't be the next BP film going that route, but there's also far less risk of crashing and burning.