Page 342 of 357 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5350
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

So the Aquaman vs. Black Panther representation beef is going on twitter

''Diversity'' doesn't mean putting together a number of black actors for a movie called ''Black'' Panther.

Diversity looks like this.
    https://twitter.com/amazonheroicon/s...58990391664642

Both got caught slippin tho

Ultimate Member

The less we acknowledge twitter, the better. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    HE can...but a hero is as good as his villains...there's a reason Priest used BP villains sparingly (or as a plot device), Hudlin used new ones, Coates made up some and used others, and the BP movie revised M'Baku and went with Killmonger. After Killmonger..what BP villain can the audience take serious? Being where he is now...Nightshade and the like are cannon fodder. BP can stand toe to toe with Doom, Iron Man, Namor, and Magneto. It needs to be an enemy where the entire weight of Wakanda can be thrown at it when the time comes. BP's traditional enemies don't offer that.
    I don't see anything wrong with them using Achebe or Nightshade or a few others. Wakanda is in Africa so why not use African villains? It gives more African actors a chance to star in a Big Superhero Block Buster.

No one brings up "another American villain" for Iron Man. *shrug*
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-24-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I suppose they could use Ezekiel Stane, show Coates how it's done...
    If they go with him, then you will have to rely on a ton of exposition. Where was he? Why is he just coming out now? Why T'Challa instead of Stark? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with them using Achebe or Nightshade or a few others. Wakanda is in Africa so why not use African villains and give more African actors a chance to star in a Big Superhero Block Buster.

No one brings up "another American villain" for Iron Man. *shrug*
    I don't see anything wrong with Achebe or Nightshade either (except Cage has kinda used her already)....the thing is for the second film...BP has to get larger. The first one ended with T'challa telling the whole world about Wakanda. It'd be going backwards to just stay there with another Wakanda specific villain. Wakanda is on the world stage now and what better way to say "you don't want this" than to have some uppity non African foe with antiquated ideas get schooled real quick. What African villains can Coogler use? Killmonger was the best one and he's dead. It's can't be Man Ape because he an T'challa are allies now. I'm not saying there can't be more African actors/actresses...because the issue of how Wakanda relates to the other African nations can also be a factor...just for the big bad...it's gotta be more than a warlord or some BP comic baddie. And if they did go that way...they'd have to be HEAVILY modified. That's why it's gotta be someone from outside of Africa. Stane, Faust, Fenris twins, Junta would be good (especially if they morphed it to an organization), Namor would be a good 3rd party.

Flex's brother from another mother made this.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Black Panther 2 needs more exploration of African martial arts...

We need these guys in the sequel

Klaue's Mixtape... I see what you did there!

That's Hans Zimmer on guitar getting it in!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    *Looks around*

Fine... I'll do it myself :thanosgrin:

Happy holidays!
    Happy Holidays to all.

Oh, and just wait. We're only halfway to where we're going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So the Aquaman vs. Black Panther representation beef is going on twitter

Both got caught slippin tho

You would think trolls would get it by now. A lot of people who don't like being black yet want everyone to love them likes to post nonsense like this all the time. This is nothing new. Funny because Africans are the first at everything. You would think black people would love yourself by now. We have the internet now. You can easliy find all the real facts about African history without the racist lies.

Quote Originally Posted by VanzZz View Post
    Unless you're joking, I'm pretty sure that's a teaser image for an upcoming Jordan Peele movie.
    Oh is that so?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    OK, that rocks. It shows T'Challa's intelligence & foresight, while still respecting the power level of his opponent. Nicely done.
    Yup, they didn't HAVE to fight and Black Panther didn't HAVE to win that fight (as opposed to some stealth escape) but a point was made to have them meet head on to show why Black Panther trumps opponents above his base power level: He can out-strategize anyone and Wakanda tech is a match for anything. Brilliantly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I agree with Blind Wedjat (sp) boy Black Belt Jones from Comicbookmovie.com

Black Panther is about 70% of the movie Ryan Coogler wanted to make and about 30% Marvel.

The more closer to Coogler's version the closer it is to a masterpiece.

Then again there is a part of me that thinks BP is a masterpiece. We just haven't seen it yet. Its probably in the 3hr+ version that they chopped down into 2hrs 14 mins.
    I hear ya, but if Dark Knight is a masterpiece, then Black Panther is a masterpiece. *shrug*

If, for example, some youtube fukkboys and fukkgirls like Joe Campea or Grace whateverhername want to give their subjective opinion that BP movie isn't this or that for youtube clicks... sure that's cool, but why would I favor their goal-post-moving subjectivity over the subjectivity of

rotten tomatoes score
    meta critic score
    cinemascore
    box office
    academy award best picture nom*
    golden globe noms
    screen actor guild awards noms
    critic's choice ward noms
    people's choice awards noms
    mtv movie award noms
    shitload of other award noms
    ...?

Sounds like a masterpiece to me. All these convenient qualifications of it needs to be 95% Coogler movie vs 5% marvel (i.e. making up percentages) or needs to have x-amount more action (but gave TDK a pass for years)...or trying to create fabricated beef with Mile's movie or Momoa's movie; intellectual stupidity about what "diversity" means, etc...

...nah. I personally don't entertain that nonsense. BP's black, so his movies will never be a masterpiece to the vocal troll minority on the innatez. So I just point to the scorecard, do my make 'em mad dance, and keep it moving

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Happy Holidays to all.

Oh, and just wait. We're only halfway to where we're going.
    Nice, I'm doing my part to spread the word. I gotta figure out how to make these youtube clips go viral lol

Wakanda.

The main infirmary room down the hall from the Design Group lab.

Dr. Shuri: "What seems to be the problem?"

Flex Hectic: "I overdosed on all that win from Redjack's cartoon... I mean that guy is a machine the way he spits out such exciting episodes after episodes!"

Dr. Shuri: "We are getting a lot of symptoms similar to yours from other patients... What about the ongoing comic any unusual reactions?"

Flex Hectic: "Uhm naw!"

Dr. Shuri: "Okay, we will keep you here overnight in case any other problems occur."

Flex Hectic: "Gee thanks doc can I have some heart shaped herb pudding?"
    Get Hectic!

here is what you have to talk about.

Black Panther - POC all over it, top to bottom, front to back,
    Wonder Woman - Women all over it. Top to bottom, front to back.
    Spider-verse - POC all over it, top to bottom, front to back.
    Aquaman - POC all over it, top to bottom, front to back.
    Ant-Man & the Wasp - POC All over it
    Infinity War - POC all over it.

Anybody fighting about "diversity levels" and why one tops the other is just another jerk trying to kill our fandom. Spoiled baby geeks don't even understand what it took to get us all here.

Some of y'all just got in this fight and don't know a victory when it's dancing the Hakka in front of your ritual combat for leadership. Take the win, idiots. Take the damned win.