Page 35 of 357 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    EDIT: arg ninja'd by BoG
    Otaku no jutsu! *poof*

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Particularly since (to me, anyway) that scene looks like legends loosely based on history. After all, Klaw was not "banished", since banishment only applies to someone who was already a native. And while the Mephisto scene was cool, calling it a "thrashing" is overly generous.

Assuming that's the literal translation, given the context, is laughable.
    I also find it funny how Coates tries to make being married to Storm some kind of "Feat" to be mentioned in the legend of Tchalla, as if she is more then she actually is. Among the other stuff I agree with you as well. Coates trying to pander bit even then can't get it right

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait T'Challa's name translates to "He who puts the knife where it belongs" ... WHAT?!

Is this official? Is this canon?
    What horse feces is this?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates trying to pander bit even then can't get it right
    The fail is so strong with him.

It's more interesting that while listing Tchalla accomplishments, he has nothing from his own run to list. Lol
    I agree with the Klaw comment. Banishing an Usurper doesn't fit the situation.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

hmm..
    We got a big #BlackPanther scoop @ItsTerrifiCon.....wait till you hear who’s in part 2, coming this week on the #podcast! Subscribe on ITunes/Apple Podcasts or Spotify to not miss out! #Marvel #MCU #terrificon #TerrifiCon2018
    https://twitter.com/SoWizardPodcast/...20156992405509

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait T'Challa's name translates to "He who puts the knife where it belongs" ... WHAT?!

Is this official? Is this canon?
    yes its canon. you dont like it? why? to me it oozes warrior who is strong and willing to fight or kill when necessary. I think it's pretty cool.

also keep in mind this is a future generation of wakandans possibly thousands of years in the future talking about what his name means.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes its canon. you dont like it? why? to me it oozes warrior who is strong and willing to fight or kill when necessary. I think it's pretty cool.
    Because if you read the book this happened, T'challa put hte knife where it belonged, had Black Bolt blow Namor's ass off the platform, and then instead of executing the plan to DESTROY THE WHOLE CABAL... T'challa hesitated just so Namor would wake up and remember it was T'challa who killed him before pulling the trigger...

which allowed Namor and the Cabal to escape and completely ruining the plan in an incredibly uncharacteristic moment from T'challa which was completely out of character. T'challa isn't a bragger.

It was a very cool PANEL and a horrible stupid mess of an issue.

It wasn't something cool to be remebered, it was a complete and utter stupidity
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Because if you read the book this happened, T'challa put hte knife where it belonged, had Black Bolt blow Namor's ass off the platform, and then instead of executing the plan to DESTROY THE WHOLE CABAL... T'challa hesitated just so Namor would wake up and remember it was T'challa who killed him before pulling the trigger...

which allowed Namor and the Cabal to escape and completely ruining the plan in an incredibly uncharacteristic moment from T'challa which was completely out of character. T'challa isn't a bragger.

The name lilely wasn't based on him trying to kill Namor since the name Tchallas obviously precedes that. Presumably a previous Tchallas stabbed someone with a knife in a cool way.

And while Tchallas typically doesn't brag, he's not entirely above it. You can argue he lost his first fight with Doom in Hudlins run because he gloated about disabling Dooms tech. He underestimated Doom, was caught off guard, and needed Storms help. But yes, the thing with Namor was a very bad mistake and it cost him. I think he learned a lesson there about putting ones wants ahead of their needs. It's probably why he was able to work with Namor later.

I would have to agree based upon what you explained that was pretty stupid but I'm inclined to agree with xpac and his explanation. this name was not based upon the totality of what happened with tchalla and the cabal. it predated this as tchalla is a name that was around before our tchalla was born.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The name lilely wasn't based on him trying to kill Namor since the name Tchallas obviously precedes that. Presumably a previous Tchallas stabbed someone with a knife in a cool way.

And while Tchallas typically doesn't brag, he's not entirely above it. You can argue he lost his first fight with Doom in Hudlins run because he gloated about disabling Dooms tech. He underestimated Doom, was caught off guard, and needed Storms help. But yes, the thing with Namor was a very bad mistake and it cost him. I think he learned a lesson there about putting ones wants ahead of their needs. It's probably why he was able to work with Namor later.
    I agree with this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yep, im sure when he put the quote on page, next to a picture of T'challa stabbing Namor in a run where the "put the knife where it belongs" came from.... Coates meant an entirely different thing and it's not related at all.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yep, im sure when he put the quote on page, next to a picture of T'challa stabbing Namor in a run where the "put the knife where it belongs" came from.... Coates meant an entirely different thing and it's not related at all.

that's just one instance where he did it in a noteworthy manner. but to xpac point there could be others from a historical point of view where a black panther or man named tchalla did a similar thing when it was necessary.

Considering it was explicitly stated that this is what the name meant in old Wakandan yeah .... I think it's a different incident.

The point was less about this particular feat (Which isn't specifically even mentioned) and more about converting to readers that Tchallas name has meaning.

Considering it was explicitly stated that this is what the name meant in old Wakandan yeah .... I think it's a different incident.

The point was less about this particular feat (Which isn't specifically even mentioned) and more about converting to readers that Tchallas name has meaning.
    yes to this. exactly what I was trying to say.

The point was less about this particular feat (Which isn't specifically even mentioned) .

How much more explicit do you want it exactly?

I do see that the hand positions differ slightly when holding the knife. So it definitely isn't talking about this incident. You are 100% right.