Page 4 of 357 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What the hell kind of of a thread title is "Yibambe?"

Seriously?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's Xhosa, iirc. I definitely preferred Wakanda Forever (I can't remember what it was before that, but I remember not being a fan).

On the CGI debate, the movie had a ton of CGI. Most of it was excellent, but the fights themselves looked a little poor. I think there's only so much that can be done in a movie and they just ran out of time.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Bast almighty.

It was a popular chant by Wakandan's in one of the biggest movies of all time and the most recent movie Black Panther has appeared in.

But, I'll message Frontier to see if it can be removed. I'm thinking, "Black Panther Appreciation: The Movie Sucked"

I thought about Wakanda Forever agian, but considering it has been adopted by Coates (who no one likes) and it was said a ton in Black Panther movie (which apparently no one likes either), I figured that might be a bad move.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-06-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bast almighty.

It was a popular chant by Wakandan's in one of the biggest movies of all time and the most recent movie Black Panther has appeared in.

But, I'll message Frontier to see if it can be removed. I'm thinking, "Black Panther Appreciation: The Movie Sucked"

I thought about Wakanda Forever agian, but considering it has been adopted by Coates (who no one likes) and it was said a ton in Black Panther movie (which apparently no one likes either), I figured that might be a bad move.
    Might I suggest a counter option? In celebration of the milestone I was thinking this.

Black Panther Appreciation: The 700 Million Dollar Man
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-06-2018 at 04:58 AM.

Y'all can PM a mod directly.

I was just trying to get a thread started since I got on and everything was locked.

I have no rhino in this race and the thread could be called "Black Panther Appreciation: Storm's Side Piece" and I wouldn't care.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Box Office Mojo
    Finally, Disney and Marvel's Black Panther joins Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936.6m) and Avatar ($760.5m) as the third film to ever top $700 million at the domestic box office. The film did so as it entered its 25th weekend in release. Black Panther is the first 2018 release to remain in theaters that long as theatrical windows continue to shrink. In both 2017 and 2016 five films remained in theaters for 25 weeks or longer whereas in 2014 and 2013, 11 and 13 films reached that milestone or longer respectively.
    Somebody earlier mentioned they were surprised it was still in theaters.

The "first 2018 movie to remain that long" is kind of one of those useless additions... it is only August. There hasn't been time for other movies to be in theaters that long lol.

Quote Originally Posted by current domestic top 10
    1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $936,662,225
    2 Avatar $760,507,625
    3 Black Panther $700,004,026
    4 Avengers: Infinity War $678,056,833
    5 Titanic $659,363,944
    6 Jurassic World $652,270,625
    7 Marvel's The Avengers $623,357,910
    8 Star Wars: The Last Jedi $620,181,382
    9 Incredibles 2 $583,141,290
    10 The Dark Knight $534,858,444

As long as it's called Black Panther Appreciation I don't really care what the subtitle is as long as it isn't something like BPA: These People Are Clowns.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Bast almighty.

Whatever gave you the impression that no one liked the BP movie?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Prayin for @MarvelStudios auditions for #Achebe , if they have any plans for him in future! Hopin to hear from Mr @Kevfeige Ryan Coogler, Joe Robert Cole, Nate Moore, Sarah Finn, Victoria Alonso, Luis D'esposito one day! My #District9 role was like a tribute to him. On my knees!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/khumbanyi...7184864261?p=v

Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-06-2018 at 08:07 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"Yibambe" sounds too anime.

Y'all can PM a mod directly.

I was just trying to get a thread started since I got on and everything was locked.

I have no rhino in this race and the thread could be called "Black Panther Appreciation: Storm's Side Piece" and I wouldn't care.

Don't play those games bruh. Don't even joke about it.

I'm fine with that title, but if it were to change then 700 million dollar man would be my choice. 3rd in history yall we did it!

Damn double post

BANNED

Black Panther Appreciation: Still We Rise is my humble submission for thread title.

The Black Panther Appreciation threads have faced massive pushback over the years but we've always risen above the fray with heads held high.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    This is a very inspirational image.

The instant I saw the thread title after the previous one was locked, I immediately took it to mean 1) coming from the chant used by the united Wakandan warriors in Infinity War 2) loosely translated to "hold fast" which is exactly what the BP appreciation thread has done over the years 3) also "hold fast" = which is what its doing box office wise which lead to it being the third highest grossing movie in United States box office history.

I guess I'm in the minority of folks who thinks its apropos giving the circumstances and context.