Page 51 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The book has no heart at all. It's weird. It is missing "it" big time.

It just looks like someone vomited art everywhere and called it a story.

It's not bad enough to hate and not good enough to like lol
    I couldn't have put it any better. Truly I'm having a hard time connecting Aaron from See Wakanda and die, to this Aaron writing the Avengers book. Maybe he needs to drop some other books and get his focus back. Giant Megazoid Avengers just ain't cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post

Totally agree. Maybe even stop motion like the 60's cartoons LOL.
    Nah man if they are going to animate it I want that DC level animation that marvel can't seem to get it's hand's on

I didnt realize Shuri was getting a solo series. I thought it was a oneshot

The bluray definitely cleans the film up in parts, especially for those who couldn't catch it in Imax.

Wow... Wakanda forever was trash.. utter trash. The art was so horrible I actually laughed out loud at how ugly it was. The artist didn't even try. That was some of the ugliest art and dumbest story I have read from these spin offs. How about shooting down stories if they are isht?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I couldn't have put it any better. Truly I'm having a hard time connecting Aaron from See Wakanda and die, to this Aaron writing the Avengers book. Maybe he needs to drop some other books and get his focus back. Giant Megazoid Avengers just ain't cutting it.
    I think a huge problem is the art. A story that large and epic with such a large threat needed a less cartoony artist.

Now that the Avengers have assembled, and their is an art change coming, maybe it will fix a lot of the issues. Hopefully.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wow... Wakanda forever was trash.. utter trash. The art was so horrible I actually laughed out loud at how ugly it was. The artist didn't even try. That was some of the ugliest art and dumbest story I have read from these spin offs. How about shooting down stories if they are isht?
    If you have a 3 issue mini, you really can't waste time explaining the origin of a magical drum lol. I mean... you just don't got the time for that.

What should have been a rather moving, important story of the redemption of a lost Dora instead was... this.

What a horrible way for Malice to go out. Just non respect at all for a rather important character from the gold standard run on Black Panther.

Nnedi is now 0/3 for me and I have no hope she will write anything even passable with the Shuri book.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Frank Castle gets to put a bullet through

spoilers:
    The Mandarins
    end of spoilers

head and I'm stuck reading a book where Zeke Stane was an issue.

Life ain't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yo. I'm new to the BP fandom. just finished reading all the BP stories I could find, starting with Priest all the way to Coates and everything in between. I actually really enjoyed Nnedi's stuff and I'm wondering what bothered you most (story wise) about this? I get the art stuff you mentioned, but in terms of story, what didn't work for you? (not sure how the etiquette works on these threads but I guess anyone that didn't like it can chime in too?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Yo. I'm new to the BP fandom. just finished reading all the BP stories I could find, starting with Priest all the way to Coates and everything in between. I actually really enjoyed Nnedi's stuff and I'm wondering what bothered you most (story wise) about this? I get the art stuff you mentioned, but in terms of story, what didn't work for you? (not sure how the etiquette works on these threads but I guess anyone that didn't like it can chime in too?)
    Malice is a rather important figure in the mythos IMO. She points to a failure of T'challa, the Dora system, and Wakanda.

She's not an evil villain. Just a misguided girl who got twisted into something else by an enemy of T'challa and then ressurrected by another enemy of T'challa.

Everything about her revolves around T'challa... the good and the bad.

To simply kill her off with T'challa barely involved over a magical drum is just... it is ridiculous IMO. Even more ridiculous when ugly Nakia's personality and how she acted in this arc didn't even feel like the same character. Her master plan of "go to NY and cuz damage so T'challa appears" makes no GD sense.

It just seemed like this whole mini existed to put Malice out there, completely change her so she is NOTHING like the popular movie Nakia (no martial arts skills, no spy skills, ugly as hell), and then kill her off so no one speaks of her again.

If you were going to kill off Malice, it should have been in a way that redeems her in T'challa and Wakanda's eyes. She is the Dora that got away. The Lost Dora. She didn't redeem **** in this issue. The problem was one she created. The death had no weight to it. Her death should have gutted T'challa and made him proud at the same time.

Also, putting Spider-Man, the X-men, and the Avengers in this book literally had nothing to do with the plot. Leaving them out would have resulted in the exact same story. They were shoe horned in just trying to get some sales for a book that no one wanted. Plot wise, they were worthless to the story.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-23-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Nnedi is good at creating sci-fi concepts, but I didn't like the dialogue of the third book. If felt rushed like she was in a hurry to get it done so she could start on Shuri. I don't care if Nakia is killed. Side characters can always be replaced. I say the second issue was her best work at Marvel so far.

Malice is a rather important figure in the mythos IMO. She points to a failure of T'challa, the Dora system, and Wakanda.

She's not an evil villain. Just a misguided girl who got twisted into something else by an enemy of T'challa and then ressurrected by another enemy of T'challa.

Everything about her revolves around T'challa... the good and the bad.

To simply kill her off with T'challa barely involved over a magical drum is just... it is ridiculous IMO. Even more ridiculous when ugly Nakia's personality and how she acted in this arc didn't even feel like the same character. Her master plan of "go to NY and cuz damage so T'challa appears" makes no GD sense.

It just seemed like this whole mini existed to put Malice out there, completely change her so she is NOTHING like the popular movie Nakia (no martial arts skills, no spy skills, ugly as hell), and then kill her off so no one speaks of her again.

If you were going to kill off Malice, it should have been in a way that redeems her in T'challa and Wakanda's eyes. She is the Dora that got away. The Lost Dora. She didn't redeem **** in this issue. The problem was one she created. The death had no weight to it. Her death should have gutted T'challa and made him proud at the same time.

Also, putting Spider-Man, the X-men, and the Avengers in this book literally had nothing to do with the plot. Leaving them out would have resulted in the exact same story. They were shoe horned in just trying to get some sales for a book that no one wanted. Plot wise, they were worthless to the story.
    Once Malice started trying to kill innocent people, labeling her merely misguided sort of sells her actions short.

Frank Castle gets to put a bullet through

spoilers:
    The Mandarins
    end of spoilers

head and I'm stuck reading a book where Zeke Stane was an issue.

Life ain't fair.
    Don't forget he's ultimately on a quest to try and take out Zemo. You know the guy who walked all up and through Panthers house and took him prisoner.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

It only makes sense to kill off malice if you plan on importing an mcu version nakia
    They probably are.

None of us are sure how Marvel's royalty system works or even if there is one but I figure that if they import a movie character into the comics universe,
    they don't have to pay anybody on the comics side.

Somebody would have to figure out who created what first (and movie Nakia gets to screw 2 Marvel writers out of money).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Once Malice started trying to kill innocent people, labeling her merely misguided sort of sells her actions short.
    You stopped reading to soon my man.

"Just a misguided girl who got twisted into something else..."

was the direct quote.

Worse thing she did was throw monica out of a plane before Achebe got to her. And hell, that's just jealous hood trash **** lol. she really wanted her dead she woulda snapped her neck with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Don't forget he's ultimately on a quest to try and take out Zemo. You know the guy who walked all up and through Panthers house and took him prisoner.
    At least Panther got to knock him the F out.

he usually doesn't even get that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They probably are.

I hope so. That would make things... interesting.