Page 55 of 357 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...ic-novels-2018

Best Comics and Graphic Novels of 2018 so far. Black panther makes the list!!!
    Black Panther

Release date: May 23 (ongoing)
    Ta-Nehisi Coates is not here for the bullsh*t. His unparalleled take on Black Panther could have been a charming, Ragnarok-like pivot from his work on A Nation Under Our Feet and Avengers Of The New World, but instead it’s a cinematic push into the idea that Wakanda has become an intergalactic empire in its own right. It’s intimate, provoking, action-packed, wildly disorientating, and an unchained, hyper-stylized dip into science fiction. If Coates isn’t catching you off guard with his distinctive wordplay and hidden themes, then you’re probably still obsessing over Daniel Acuna’s visuals and the way he uses color to set moods and style spacescapes that feel out of this world. There are levels to the duo’s chemistry and with it being an incomparable force, their narrative is the perfect jumping on point for anyone who needs a little more Panther in their life.
    The review says the same thing we said. The visuals are selling it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    you skipped over the part the story being intimate, provoking, and action-packed. you guys have been saying the art is all it has going for it basically.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you skipped over the part the story being intimate, provoking, and action-packed. you guys have been saying the art is all it has going for it basically.
    It doesn't say the story, it's says the idea.... It's an idea we on this thread had well before the Legacy #1 issue.

It doesn't say the story, it's says the idea.... It's an idea we on this thread had well before the Legacy #1 issue.
    chile.. goddess.. lol

the first two sentences are about coates' writing and why it's good. it then goes into the art. I know you ain't feeling coates but you can't spin this one my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The amount of praise the reviewer is giving Coates to Acuna is like 3-1. He spends half a sentence praising the visuals, and the rest talking about Coates writing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The amount of praise the reviewer is giving Coates to Acuna is like 3-1. He spends half a sentence praising the visuals, and the rest talking about Coates writing.
    hello! i mean seriously lolol... i mean the last sentence says their narrative "is the perfect jumping point for anyone who needs a little more panther in their life." man, coates gets no love even when getting love. how does that work?. lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-23-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Not the writing. The idea/setup is what the reviewer is talking about in my opinion. The only thing mentioned about writing is wordplay and hidden themes. Deeply hidden at that. Lol

And issue three is Transformers the Animated Movie attack on Autobot City.

Not the writing. The idea/setup is what the reviewer is talking about in my opinion. The only thing mentioned about writing is wordplay and hidden themes. Deeply hidden at that. Lol

Intimate... thought provoking... action packed... that's talking the execution of the idea, not the idea. In other words the writing.

I disagree. An idea can be intimate and thought provoking. And action packed in a comic is all about art. You can write action scenes, but if they look terrible, it will suck as all the CGI debates lately will attest too. Lol

Intimate... thought provoking... action packed... that's talking the execution of the idea, not the idea. In other words the writing.
    please, thank you.. I just couldnt lol..

I disagree. An idea can be intimate and thought provoking. And action packed in a comic is all about art. You can write action scenes, but if they look terrible, it will suck as all the CGI debates lately will attest too. Lol
    an idea is not going to get a book listed as one of the top comics of 2018. you have to deliver beloved, and this is something coates is continuing to do.

And then there are bad ideas that a well written story can save. David Liss being an example.

Yes, an idea can be intimate and though provoking. And that's the point. That's exactly what Coates accomplished in his writing. He took the idea and made it intimate and thought provoking and action packed (or at least in the opinion of this reviewer). Those are descriptions of the execution of the idea. In other words, the writing.

And then there are bad ideas that a well written story can save. David Liss being an example.
    well the link was about ideas that were well written being the top best comics of 2018. no need to bring mr. liss into this discussion lol

Yes, an idea can be intimate and though provoking. And that's the point. That's exactly what Coates accomplished in his writing. He took the idea and made it intimate and thought provoking and action packed (or at least in the opinion of this reviewer). Those are descriptions of the execution of the idea. In other words, the writing.
    I'm in love!!!!!! preach.