Page 64 of 357 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it seems something will happen that will allow for all the deaths to be undone as I couldnt imagine marvel letting those deaths stick.
    Spider-Man: Far From Home is already filming.

All of those snap deaths are getting undone lol.

The only deaths that might stick are heimdell, loki, gamora, and vision. And then whoever dies in A4.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Spider-Man: Far From Home is already filming.

All of those snap deaths are getting undone lol.

The only deaths that might stick are heimdell, loki, gamora, and vision. And then whoever dies in A4.
    oh that's good to hear!!! thanks for the info.

yea and those deaths makes sense as they occured before thanos used the gauntlet but the heroes could use it to just restore all life
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Against the grain casting choice for Achebe..John David Washington

My top 3 choices so far

If they go for a big time actor though

image not showing, but Eddie Murphy
    [img]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*rsyA0-OkwiMoRQACC2UaCg.png[/img]
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-26-2018 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp just opened higher in China (68m) than BP (65m)

And?

No surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Bro, they didn't forget.

They just don't care.

Anyone who can wilfully choose to ignore the cultural impact the Black Panther movie had on a global scale, isn't really the kind of person who warrants attention.
    Its just funny (and sad too) the lengths people will go when it comes to Rey to down play Black movie's. They will criticize something that happens in Black Panther that they would praise in Cap.

It's quite pathetic. But we ballin so hard as BP fans and BP destroyed all milestones so I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

My top 3 choices so far

[img]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*rsyA0-OkwiMoRQACC2UaCg.png[/img]
    I would pick Denzel as Achebe. If your casting s younger actor make it someone you can get some mileage out of. I am still under the impression Erik may come back to some capacity. Even if it's just in the ancestral plane

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would pick Denzel as Achebe. If your casting s younger actor make it someone you can get some mileage out of. I am still under the impression Erik may come back to some capacity. Even if it's just in the ancestral plane
    Might be kind of corny, but I wouldn't mind if there was a 5 to 10 minute scene of Killmonger/TChalla in the Ancestral Plane.
    Could be like a Hannibal Lector style scene.

TChalla visits an old enemy to discuss how to take on a new challenger.

You're right. Cause I'm starting to see more and more people complain about the acting and story. I'm like what!?!?!?
    More than likely i think these are preemptive moves made due to talk about Black Panther contending for best picture at the Oscars. I'm in the camp that believes there is a case to be made.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

My top 3 choices so far

I'm not too sure entirely who I'd pick as Achebe but I think Denzel is a good choice just for his name and that he can bring a sort of physical menance to the role, which I think is needed. Priest's Achebe is very much inspired by the Joker but I'd like the potential MCU version to be a little less hammy and jokey, and more lowkey and physically capable. Kinda like the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman's villain in Mission: Impossible III. Not that he can exactly fight T'Challa or even Nakia or Okoye but he's no slouch either. Someone that may be a threat to Shuri perhaps.

I've been thinking the BP sequel should play up on the spy elements of the film that were inspired by the James Bond and Mission: Impossible franchises. Have T'Challa, Nakia and Okoye being the field agents that head to exotic locations and doing all the cool missions, with Shuri being the tech backup and comedy relief. It could work with what's been set up with Wakanda being open to the rest of the world and the outreach centres that have or are being set up. Maybe you can have the team travel around the African continent (and hopefully they can actually shoot in some of those locations this time since they wanted to) helping those in need and rescuing people (they could tackle the slave trade crisis in Libya as well). You can then have maybe the same story arc with Achebe from the comics but maybe taking out the Mephisto bits and the part with Ramonda (forcefully) betraying T'Challa.

Actually you can have the team as T'Challa, Nakia and Shuri as the continent/globe-trotting team, while Ramonda is in Wakanda to watch the throne with Okoye for support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Might be kind of corny, but I wouldn't mind if there was a 5 to 10 minute scene of Killmonger/TChalla in the Ancestral Plane.
    Could be like a Hannibal Lector style scene.

I like this idea but if Killmonger is to come back, Coogler and Marvel have to be careful to not turn him into Loki, who as of late was a shadow of himself before he was killed. If they're just gonna keep him in the Ancestral Plane, that's cool. But if they're actually going to bring him back to life, then he more or less needs to remain the same kind of character. That'll work best if Coogler is still at the helm.

Killmonger in the Ancestral Plane would be interesting because where would he be exactly? T'Challa visiting T'Chaka in a vast field that looked like Wakanda's outer landscape makes sense because T'Chaka was buried back home but it also represents T'Challa view of home and access to his African heritage. N'Jobu, however was still in his apartment with the purple skies outside, and that's where Killmonger went to meet him. T'Challa aparently does bury Killmonger in Wakanda (and probably not in the ocean) but his heart is clearly still in that apartment. I think it'll be aptly tragic if that's where Killmonger's soul goes when T'Challa goes to see him.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Damn... I love how depending on the context Killmonger can seem truly heroic and tragic. The markings of a good protagonist/antagonist dynamic.

This is one of my favourite ones though. This one is just tough.

Ultimate Member

My top 3 choices so far

I've loved that Washington from his work in Ballers.

Funny thing is I didn't even know he was Denzel's son, just that he had a presence.

Incredible Member

This would only give more fuel to the folks who think Killmonger would have been a better leader than T'Challa lol.

Incredible Member

I'm not sure Achebe would be the best pick for a sequel. Then again unless they can work out Namor or Kraven rights, I'm not sure who else would be compelling enough they could pick. One of the reasons I thought putting both of T'Challa's biggest adversaries in the first film wasn't the greatest idea.

Achebe's definitely going to need a co-baddie who can go toe-to-toe physically with T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I'm not sure Achebe would be the best pick for a sequel. Then again unless they can work out Namor or Kraven rights, I'm not sure who else would be compelling enough they could pick. One of the reasons I thought putting both of T'Challa's biggest adversaries in the first film wasn't the greatest idea.
    Kraven is just a side boss. He is a "Batroc" type person. He would be an assassin sent to kill T'challa while he is overseas. Not having him isn't really a loss honestly. I'm sure there are a dozen mercenary types the MCU could use. Probably could find some even in the BP mythos like Death Tiger.

They have the rights to Namor. It is like Hulk... they just can't do a solo film without sharing. If they wanted to do a war with Atlantis, they could.

Achebe's definitely going to need a co-baddie who can go toe-to-toe physically with T'Challa.
    MEPHISTO

SOLOMON PREY

But coming up with "muscle" is easy. The MCU could take any of T'challa's non-updated baddies and simply make them muscle and keep the name. They aren't beholden to decades of bad writing and neglect. If they want to make Baron a martial arts sorcerer combo... they will. If they want to take Madam Slay and make her a badass... they will.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html