Page 9 of 357 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ron did get the girl though.

Ron is a weird character.
    In the books, Ron became more confident and self assured over time, even telling off Snape. In the movies a lot of his character development was given to Hermione.

before we start developing Wakanda, Tchalla needs to be fully established. Wakanda should never take precedence over him

Extraordinary Member

Ron did get the girl though.

Ron is a weird character.
    Yeah, J.K. Rowling needed the kids to all end up with somebody and she wasn't gonna do Harry/Hermione because that's what everybody thought she'd do.

So Harry's future wife is an 11th hour ass pull and the comic relief/buddy gets the blossoming tomboy/brainiac which nobody saw coming.

I read somewhere that even J.K. Rowling now admits that Ron ending up with Hermione didn't make any sense.

Technically...

Black Panther as an intellectual property is all over the place... The only real genuine "Hit" it has ever had was the movie whereas comic sales and other merchandise are at or near cancellation numbers repeatedly compared to other "Hit" franchises!

It's not as definitive as "bitten by a radioactive spider" or "the last son of krypton" descriptive but rather let's make it up as we go along depending upon what new writer is in the saddle at the time!

When someone works on Batman the whole of Gotham City is established and laid out for cosplay with absolutes and confirmations to canon that often times are untouchable no matter what the current writer wishes to do!

You can tamper with Catwoman, Robin or the Joker but you can't alter too much since they are moneymakers going on decades whereas Black Panther lucked out on the Nakia/Malaika angle that is not at all certain what direction it is going moving forward with Ugly Nakia!

The Black Panther movie did more to solve the M'baku/Man-ape conundrum than decades of comic book reboots or depictions as well as other characters that were stuck in some form of development limbo!

Not one Black Panther issue ever hit 1 million in sales, it does not have a mega-hit video game like the Batman Arkham series and not one featured cartoon is on the level of Static Shock (although Redjack might knock that out the box) or what other characters have done as an afterthought!

https://www.cbr.com/marvels-black-pa...illion-copies/

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...on-dollar-book

1.3 billion worldwide and 700 million domestically shows that this character needs it's own separate office like the X-men and a creative team working around the clock to make sure that toys and merchandise are moving off the shelf consistently!

A lack of a Royal Talon Fighter toy outside of a Lego one that could lose it's pieces beneath a sofa cushion is glaring... This is unacceptable for Disney stores in the mall while Toys R Us just went out of business and McDonald's serves billions of toys with Happy Meals!

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/b...es-1202706544/

3D printers are cheap to own for a company making billions in movie sales or just buy Hasbro and seal that deal forever!

There should also be editorial veto powers that prevent outside offices from using any established characters without approval like Doom in Doomwar not getting the hands as he needed to be... Basically you can't suddenly have Ironman pushing up on "Queen" Nakia just because he is Ironman to appease or tease foolish shenanigans office to office!

Yes it's a shared universe but 1.3 billion dollars should make that an unbalanced relationship and give that 700 million domestically property a decisive advantage in anymore crossover events!

Also just being "WOKE" should not count anymore if you don't know what you are doing concerning such a lucrative intellectual property... Step aside and let a new coaching staff get a crack at that national championship if you can't seem to make the playoff year after year!

One more thing... More Redjack type stuff where a creator bravely enters a Black Panther thread and boldly posts his work knowing full well that he is bringing it to us room service style without flinching and without compromises not like in the past where promises were not actually kept!

If you do not like diehard Black Panther fans you may want to keep that to yourself and just do your job and give the people what they want anyway... Don't hold an entire fanbase hostage just because you can it's a turnoff!

You are probably not at Comic-con because you really don't like to be around fanboys or you are there due to contractual obligations and it shows on your face...

Speaking of toys...

I was at Target and mine just renovated everything, including getting new toys in stock

Black Panther still has its own section of toys. Shit is still sellin. I expected it to moved out by now but its still there and they "seem" (as best as soeone who goes to target way to often to buy their kids toys way too often) to be selling at a better clip than Infinity War did.

And we may not have the royal talon but we got the panther talon homey!

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Speaking of toys...

I was at Target and mine just renovated everything, including getting new toys in stock

Black Panther still has its own section of toys. Shit is still sellin. I expected it to moved out by now but its still there and they "seem" (as best as soeone who goes to target way to often to buy their kids toys way too often) to be selling at a better clip than Infinity War did.

And we may not have the royal talon but we got the panther talon homey!

That is awesome. This just goes to show how epic Black Panther was as a movie. I'm glad to see kids wanting to have these toys. My friend told me that kids are coming to this costume shop at looking to see if Black Panther is in stock because that's who they want to be .
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That aint nothing but a Transformer!

If they can manufacture that they could have easily molded a Royal Talon Fighter with near or the same amount of plastic!

Besides, who needs a car that walks...

Optimus Prime: "Autobots roll out!"

From New York to LA 40 hours later...

Optimus Prime: "WTF!!!"

LA is on fire...

Really Important Military Guy: "DAYUM yaw'll late... Megatron and Starscream came through a day and a half ago and blew everything up! I'm curious as to why you Autobots don't scan some fighter jets and transform into things that fly like they do... I mean you road trip everywhere that has to be bad on Sam Witwicki's back!"

Optimus Prime: "Autobots our intel indicates that the Decepticons are now in Tokyo, Japan so roll out!"

Almost a week later underwater...

Bumblebee: "Are we there yet... Are we there yet... Are we there yet..."

Optimus Prime: "I think we make a right turn here but I'm not sure... Someone swim to the surface and see if you can see Japan."

Jazz: "I think that's New Zealand we may be off course a bit."

FLIGHT... Don't underestimate it's travel value!

Sure you could ride across Wakanda on a vibranium armored rhino if you have all the time in the world to get there but it's sooooooo overrated...

I want one of these in drone form so that I can super spy on my neighbors!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Whatever became of Panther's Throb robots (the more they got hit the taller and stronger they grew)?

BlackPantherThrobRobot.jpg

Also Wakanda is the health spa for superhumans. Ask Cable, Deathlok, Spiderman and heck even Bucky where they can get the best of superscience and magic in one place?

I was checking the shop Disney website for new toys they have a black panther RC batmobile. Lol

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah, J.K. Rowling needed the kids to all end up with somebody and she wasn't gonna do Harry/Hermione because that's what everybody thought she'd do.

So Harry's future wife is an 11th hour ass pull and the comic relief/buddy gets the blossoming tomboy/brainiac which nobody saw coming.

I read somewhere that even J.K. Rowling now admits that Ron ending up with Hermione didn't make any sense.
    Harry and Ginny together was something planned from the beginning and hinted at in the first book (obviously, it wasn't last second since Rowling wrote the epilogue before she wrote any of the sequel books). The foreshadowing of their relationship was hinted at early on with Ginny having a crush on Harry and then with Harry having a thing for her before they came together. To me, the way the relationship developed, particular in Half-Blood Prince (but not exclusively) just worked. I think people let the movies overshadow their memories of the books. I fear this happened to J.K. Rowling as well. I was a Ron-Hermione shipper back when Harry was with Cho because it fit the mold of Han and Leia.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    before we start developing Wakanda, Tchalla needs to be fully established. Wakanda should never take precedence over him
    Agreed, i think the previous conversation that Mr Maj brought about any long lasting established concepts/ inventions supports this. The gadget stories we are getting now is the opposite of the type of depth and character building T'challa continues to need, in the books at least.

If you think about it, T'challa the character has sacrificed a TON for the sake of "Wakanda." A LOT of Black Panther fans are more "Wakanda" fans than T'challa himself. Wakanda means just as much to them as T'challa. This same mentality crossed over into the movie verse as well.

Which in itself is odd. Thor the character sacrifices nothing for Asgard. Ditto for Namor and Atlantis. Ditto for Black Bolt and Attillian.

T'challa is just a unique character in various regards.
    For better or for worse, that's sort of the point of Hudlins retcon.

When he decided that Wakanda was advanced all along, as opposed to T'Challa advancing them, then it made all the sense in the world to have Wakanda develop all sorts of tech without necessarily attributing the credit to T'Challa directly.

It's an interesting double edged sword because it makes sense and builds up Wakanda … but it takes away from T'Challa's single greatest feat which no other marvel character could honestly hope to ever really duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For better or for worse, that's sort of the point of Hudlins retcon.

When he decided that Wakanda was advanced all along, as opposed to T'Challa advancing them, then it made all the sense in the world to have Wakanda develop all sorts of tech without necessarily attributing the credit to T'Challa directly.

It's an interesting double edged sword because it makes sense and builds up Wakanda … but it takes away from T'Challa's single greatest feat which no other marvel character could honestly hope to ever really duplicate.
    Doom, Mr.Sinister, High Evolutionary, Ultimate Reed.
    Last edited by Cville; 08-09-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Doom, Mr.Sinister, High Evolutionary, Ultimate Reed.
    Fair point. I'll rephrase my answer say feat other heroes can't really say.

Not that it matter I guess. It was a nice feat, but I suppose he's fine without it.

Im still of the mindset that Hudlin's retcon abd Priest's feat to Tchalla can both coincide in harmony very easily:

Wakanda was always advanced to some degree ahead of the rest of the world due to Vibranium being a superior metal, and a unconquered warrior nation for 10k years.. they protected Vibranium but. Could not figure out to harness the power to its full potential, more so surface level (better weapons stronger armor etd) enter Tchalla, at a very young age he studied it abd was on his way to crack its secrets, learns that Vibranium can vastly protect Wakanda. Klaw attack's kills T'Chaka, Tchalla blows his arm off, yada yada yada yada, this is the driving point for T'Challa, he kicks into high gear, studies abroad and learns from the best in Wakanda and advances Wakanda further then it's ever been and makes itbthe most advanced nation on earth