Page 93 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this.
    https://youtu.be/i8_dwD81aKQ?t=2m45s

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    What I really like about this concept of the hologram tech as well as interactive hologram made by Shuri's sand table and the one used in the Royal Talon (the opening fight scene when T'Challa surveys the convoy holding Nakia above the Nigerian Sambisa forest), and the formation of T'Challa's new Panther habit is that the nanites are meant to look like sand, which is a brilliant tie-in into the Afrofuturist aesthetic.
    I'm reminded of one of the earliest concepts for programmable matter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_fog

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well damn...…..

I hate the fact that people feel the need to pit black film vs. black film..
    That is just another version of, "what about gun violence in Chicago!!!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Ah, the Internet:

Where "I didn't like it" automatically equates to "it was bad, and if you disagree, you're an idiot." :P
    It only becomes that when the people who said they don't like it fly off the deep end when trying to explain why they don't like it.

I stumbled upon this interesting article by Film Threat called "The Science of Black Panther". It tries to explain some of the sci-fi elements of the film using real world science, and ultimately comes to the conclusion that in spite of Black Panther being a work of fiction, the science of the film isn't a bunch of made up stuff.

This particular section of the article had my attention:

What I really like about this concept of the hologram tech as well as interactive hologram made by Shuri's sand table and the one used in the Royal Talon (the opening fight scene when T'Challa surveys the convoy holding Nakia above the Nigerian Sambisa forest), and the formation of T'Challa's new Panther habit is that the nanites are meant to look like sand, which is a brilliant tie-in into the Afrofuturist aesthetic. From the GIF below it seems as though the purple light lines that appear over the mannequin first act as the matrix or magnetic field that the Vibranium nanites follow to arrange themselves and form the full suit as the teeth of the necklace expel them out

This had me thinking: Considering my idea about T'Challa using the Kimoyo beads as his default ranged weapon, but also keeping in mind other ideas about still using the energy daggers, what if you could combine the two? What if T'Challa can use the Kimoyo band to summon the energy daggers (and other weapons) the same way his Panther necklace summons his suit? A bead in the band could contain the Vibranium nanites and as T'Challa wills it, the nanites get expelled from the beads and forms right in his hand. That can cover the "seemingly coming out of nowhere" thing that happens with the daggers most times in the comics, gives them a clear definition of what they are, makes them of the same kind of tech innovation his own suit is, and allows them to be quickly withdrawn even if he doesn't have his suit on. I found some designs of his energy daggers by Tyler Bronis on ArtStation which are used for Marvel Powers United VR.

Keep in mind the beads in the movie already do something like this, as you can see from the thumbnail image in the video above.
    The issue that I only see with the daggers is, outside of toys... Why? The claws already do what the daggers can do and he is hands free with them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The issue that I only see with the daggers is, outside of toys... Why? The claws already do what the daggers can do and he is hands free with them.
    Those Bronis pieces look really great.

Daggers give you two things claws don't: range and length.

You can throw a knife, you can't usually throw a clawed fist unless you are Voltron and sometimes you might need a blade with a longer edge like to cut thru really
    thick metal quickly or to parry a (energy) sword strike.

Priest's Panther had both if remember correctly.

It's a question of fighting range, really.

The claws are (of course) short range, as they quite literally allow for fighting at arm's length.

Something like a spear is long range. It's best used for enemies who are a fair distance away (or flying overhead, as T'Chadwick aptly demonstrated. )

The daggers, in the Priest run, were mid-range weapons. Other than the occasional bit of psychological warfare, he almost never used them in hand-to-hand, preferring to throw them at nearby opponents. Theoretically, MCU!Panther needs something that can do the same.

Now, the real question is... does said mid-range weapon need to be a dagger? And I can see the argument that, nostalgia aside, the daggers themselves are not particularly needed, and have no real problem with him having a (well-defined, we don't want 1960's Batman utility belt here) assortment of "battle beads".

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Those Bronis pieces look really great.

Daggers give you two things claws don't: range and length.

You can throw a knife, you can't usually throw a clawed fist unless you are Voltron and sometimes you might need a blade with a longer edge like to cut thru really
    thick metal quickly or to parry a (energy) sword strike.

Priest's Panther had both if remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    It's a question of fighting range, really.

The claws are (of course) short range, as they quite literally allow for fighting at arm's length.

Something like a spear is long range. It's best used for enemies who are a fair distance away (or flying overhead, as T'Chadwick aptly demonstrated. )

The daggers, in the Priest run, were mid-range weapons. Other than the occasional bit of psychological warfare, he almost never used them in hand-to-hand, preferring to throw them at nearby opponents. Theoretically, MCU!Panther needs something that can do the same.

Now, the real question is... does said mid-range weapon need to be a dagger? And I can see the argument that, nostalgia aside, the daggers themselves are not particularly needed, and have no real problem with him having a (well-defined, we don't want 1960's Batman utility belt here) assortment of "battle beads".
    I only made the suggestion for those who still like the daggers (though I admittedly still think my idea is cool lol) because I too find the daggers unnecessary. It might not sound good to everyone but I think the energy daggers (at least, if we're considering actual physical Vibranium daggers) should be given to the Hatut Zeraze/War Dogs rather than T'Challa as their default combat knife.

The truth of the matter is while T'Challa is the leader of the most technologically advanced nature on his Earth and possesses genius level intellect, he doesn't need gadgets to be a crimefighter and superhero. That premise makes it very tempting to give him the greatest advances one can think of, but I think things need to get standardised and minimal.

The base of T'Challa's gear should be the Vibranium Panther habit. Weave or nanotech, this is how it should start. Because he's a cat themed superhero, he needs claws. He just does. Vibranium claws don't need to be energised or anything like that because if they should be effective as hell just being Vibranium. If anything, I would suggest that his gauntlet should give him he option to switch between Anti-Metal and Vibranium (because just having claws that melt every conceivable metal can be ineffective). As for the suit itself, I can't deny I like the nanotech suit and also that the kinetic energy ability feels logical (and has been put to good use by the MCU). I would also add the energy dampening "Sneaker" tech to the soles of the feet.

I wouldn't add anything else to the suit like a HUD (to not feel to much like Iron Man and his enhanced senses can cover this) or invisibility/camouflage. Being able to hide in plain sight to me means the ability to evade attacks, and T'Challa doesn't need that since he's wearing light but nigh impenetrable armour and is also a ninja. The only thing I might consider is Kimoyo being inbuilt into his suit but there's that temptation to be Iron Man-like.

The gear outside of the Panther habit is were things start getting complicated. Ultimately, whatever gear T'Challa has in this category, I feel as though it should complement his ability as a world class enhanced fighter, not take away from it. The energy daggers (or any other type of 'energy' weapon) would seem like the most reasonable choice, but I think it leads to redundancy and while T'Challa is proficient in many different weapon fighting styles, using them in combat in default shouldn't be his thing. In the MCU, Okoye (and the Dora) have their spears, Nakia has her ring blades, Shuri has her blasters, Border tribesmen have their cutlasses and energy shields, the Royal Guard have their sonic spears and shields. They all need those things because they don't have a whole suit of armour on and they're not superhuman. T'Challa has a whole suit of armour on and is superhuman so he doesn't need weapons at all. He can land effective blows with just his fists, kicks and claw attacks because he's stronger and faster, and he doesn't need a shield to block most damage because his suit will absorb it.

What T'Challa needs is gadgets that are of quick use (so he can go back to fighting the way he knows how to best) and add different abilities, rather than be generic offense and defense. Which is why I like the beads. They can feel like handheld throwing gadgets, can have different applications, and at least fit thematically and aesthetically to a degree. So you could have energy beads (which counter energy fields for various effects, generate their own energy for stunning, marking and so on), remote access beads (which can take control of anything with an operating system), kinetic beads (which can absorb and redirect energy with an advantage of precision and range), device-jamming beads (which can disable guns and other weapons), EMP beads, and so on.

Any other thing should purely be situational.

I only made the suggestion for those who still like the daggers (though I admittedly still think my idea is cool lol) because I too find the daggers unnecessary. It might not sound good to everyone but I think the energy daggers (at least, if we're considering actual physical Vibranium daggers) should be given to the Hatut Zeraze/War Dogs rather than T'Challa as their default combat knife.

The truth of the matter is while T'Challa is the leader of the most technologically advanced nature on his Earth and possesses genius level intellect, he doesn't need gadgets to be a crimefighter and superhero. That premise makes it very tempting to give him the greatest advances one can think of, but I think things need to get standardised and minimal.

The base of T'Challa's gear should be the Vibranium Panther habit. Weave or nanotech, this is how it should start. Because he's a cat themed superhero, he needs claws. He just does. Vibranium claws don't need to be energised or anything like that because if they should be effective as hell just being Vibranium. If anything, I would suggest that his gauntlet should give him he option to switch between Anti-Metal and Vibranium (because just having claws that melt every conceivable metal can be ineffective). As for the suit itself, I can't deny I like the nanotech suit and also that the kinetic energy ability feels logical (and has been put to good use by the MCU). I would also add the energy dampening "Sneaker" tech to the soles of the feet.

I wouldn't add anything else to the suit like a HUD (to not feel to much like Iron Man and his enhanced senses can cover this) or invisibility/camouflage. Being able to hide in plain sight to me means the ability to evade attacks, and T'Challa doesn't need that since he's wearing light but nigh impenetrable armour and is also a ninja. The only thing I might consider is Kimoyo being inbuilt into his suit but there's that temptation to be Iron Man-like.

The gear outside of the Panther habit is were things start getting complicated. Ultimately, whatever gear T'Challa has in this category, I feel as though it should complement his ability as a world class enhanced fighter, not take away from it. The energy daggers (or any other type of 'energy' weapon) would seem like the most reasonable choice, but I think it leads to redundancy and while T'Challa is proficient in many different weapon fighting styles, using them in combat in default shouldn't be his thing. In the MCU, Okoye (and the Dora) have their spears, Nakia has her ring blades, Shuri has her blasters, Border tribesmen have their cutlasses and energy shields, the Royal Guard have their sonic spears and shields. They all need those things because they don't have a whole suit of armour on and they're not superhuman. T'Challa has a whole suit of armour on and is superhuman so he doesn't need weapons at all. He can land effective blows with just his fists, kicks and claw attacks because he's stronger and faster, and he doesn't need a shield to block most damage because his suit will absorb it.

What T'Challa needs is gadgets that are of quick use (so he can go back to fighting the way he knows how to best) and add different abilities, rather than be generic offense and defense. Which is why I like the beads. They can feel like handheld throwing gadgets, can have different applications, and at least fit thematically and aesthetically to a degree. So you could have energy beads (which counter energy fields for various effects, generate their own energy for stunning, marking and so on), remote access beads (which can take control of anything with an operating system), kinetic beads (which can absorb and redirect energy with an advantage of precision and range), device-jamming beads (which can disable guns and other weapons), EMP beads, and so on.

Any other thing should purely be situational.
    Have the suit be able to absorb the energy and release it into a Hadoken for range attacks

have it shaped like a panthers head lol

The more he stores, the bigger the boom. Stores too much and the suit goes boom, to detrimental effects

You can play around with the force absorption A TON if you want to. Depends on how weird you wanna get with it. Can use the energy to make weapons, gauntlets (DBOI!!!), hadoken's, ect
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I guess I should of worded my Post differently. Yes the daggers provide range. But I still see it as redundant still and yes he does use weapons but as we saw in the movie, he is more in his comfort zone unarmed. There is a use for them but to me personally it would feel maybe out of character to use them. Plus unlike the Comic version, I don't these would have unique functions like Priest daggers.. some of the functions used were shown as the bead's to take down the cars. I do however, see MoS idea of the Daggers Being made of Kinetic energy bas an alternative because it would be a reasonable and logical upgrade to the energy absorbing as now it can be "shot" or "thrown" for mid/long range purposes coupled with the fact that it's based on Kinectic energy, so he isn't shooting it like Ironman and then wedjats idea and we have a tricked out Tchalla.

New tech that will compliment his fighting style without redundancy and would allow him to still rely on his martial arts skill

Blind Wedjat who did you sleep with to get that invite...

I'm tempted to crash that party and challenge for King of Wakanda and Black Panther!

Oh man. I'm super jealous. I hope you enjoy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well damn...…..

I hate the fact that people feel the need to pit black film vs. black film..

Also interesting for others to determine what black film is good enough.
    Because if it doesn't fit YOUR agenda-it's automatically bad.

As if Black Panther needs an Oscar. That billion dollar box office said more than ENOUGH. If they can't find anything to nominate this film for-do we REALLY care?

Lol you guys I didn't get the invite. I saw it on another website

I mean **** if I got that I'd be screaming my head off right now. The person that posted the image got it I think.

I posted it here just to let you guys know stuff like this was happening.