Page 68 of 208 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3109

Well, as fear around the corona virus made me a prisoner in my own goddamn house i do have quite some time to watch movies and shows now.

Knew that it was a good thing to keep that Netflix subscription on lol.

Anyway, i first went on a power rangers rampage cause you do need funny, silly stuff when stuck at homes with kids. One can only take so much of it without losing his mind though so i switched to good ol' classics such Goonies, Tron, Demolition Man (for some reason) and that Haunted thing on Netflix which was funny. Pretty good at times, pretty stupid at other times.

Gotta love that all "but it's real" vibe they are trying to give to it.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 03-17-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, as fear around the corona virus made me a prisoner in my own goddamn house i do have quite some time to watch movies and shows now.

Knew that it was a good thing to keep that Netflix subscription on lol.

Anyway, i first went on a power rangers rampage cause you do need funny, silly stuff when stuck at homes with kids. One can only take so much of it without losing his mind though so i switched to good ol' classics such Goonies, Tron, Demolition Man (for some reason) and that Haunted thing on Netflix which was funny. Pretty good at times, pretty stupid at other times.

Gotta love that all "but it's real" vibe they are trying to give to it.
    I rewatch Demolition man all the time. Wesley Snipes is a great in that imo. Stalone is stalone

I saw the Nicholas Cage movie Dying of the Light. I didn't like it. I thought it was just bad all the way around.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Conjuring 2. That was way, WAY, better than i expected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw the Nicholas Cage movie Dying of the Light. I didn't like it. I thought it was just bad all the way around.
    When was his last good movie? His last good role was in Kick Ass, I suppose. He made a ton of really bad movies the last ten years, and he doesn't stop. What happened to him, why does he do that? Its a if he has given up.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    When was his last good movie? His last good role was in Kick Ass, I suppose. He made a ton of really bad movies the last ten years, and he doesn't stop. What happened to him, why does he do that? Its a if he has given up.
    He's made a lot poor financial decisions over the years, so he's made it a habit to accept sub-par scripts in order to make money. What's interesting is that a lot of people will still find Nic entertaining, knowing that the film he's in is not good.

Invincible Member

Watched Nighthawks starring Stallone, Billy De Williams, and Rudger Hauer. I went into it with low expectations so I was able to let myself be entertained despite the hackneyed writing. Lots of rather unlikely things happen and characters know things they shouldn't know for no good reason other than the script says it happens.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Watched Nighthawks starring Stallone, Billy De Williams, and Rudger Hauer. I went into it with low expectations so I was able to let myself be entertained despite the hackneyed writing. Lots of rather unlikely things happen and characters know things they shouldn't know for no good reason other than the script says it happens.
    And it featured Persis Khambatta (Lt. Ilia from the first Star Trek movie) with hair!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He's made a lot poor financial decisions over the years, so he's made it a habit to accept sub-par scripts in order to make money. What's interesting is that a lot of people will still find Nic entertaining, knowing that the film he's in is not good.
    It is as if he is so bad, that its good again. But I don't think so.

The last movie with him I enjoyed, because it was funny was one I can't even remember the name. I have to look it up...

Extraordinary Member

The last Nick Cage movie I saw was "running with the devil". With Larry Fishburne pretty damn entertaining lol. Nick comes from that era when making "bad movies" was an art.

Frozen 2. Nowhere near as good as the first. Although I like stories about forest spirits and elemental representations. Just seemed like it was phoned in. Amazing animation, though.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Frozen 2. Nowhere near as good as the first. Although I like stories about forest spirits and elemental representations. Just seemed like it was phoned in. Amazing animation, though.
    I heard it's debut on Disney+ has been moved up to next Monday I think, the reason being so kids could have something new to watch while stuck at home thanks to schools being closed due to coronavirus.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    It is as if he is so bad, that its good again. But I don't think so.

The last movie with him I enjoyed, because it was funny was one I can't even remember the name. I have to look it up...
    Yeah, a lot of actors when they know they're in bad movies will just sort of phone it in. Nic is the opposite, he'll actually crank it up to 11 and chew all the scenery he can. The movie might be bad, but you'll still have fun watching Nic.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard it's debut on Disney+ has been moved up to next Monday I think, the reason being so kids could have something new to watch while stuck at home thanks to schools being closed due to coronavirus.
    I think they're doing the same with the last Star Wars movie.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Some surprisingly touching stuff in that movie mixed in with the sillyness. Especially the scene with Afleck.