Page 115 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3051
    Extraordinary Member

Fatale with Micheal Ealy and Hilary Swank. Good old school thriller with some swerves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Dragons Forever:

A fun Jackie Chan, Samo Hung, and other kung fu actor I'm not familiar with. The villain doesn't appear much, but he's fun when does appear. I think calling it Kung Fu Lethal Weapon would be apt.
    the other actor is yuen biao , 'brothers' with jackie chan and samo hung since all 3 grew up training together in the hardknocks opera school. the villain was Benny 'the jet' Urquidez , former .kickboxing champion. the 80s were the best time for hk action comedy movies ,

besides dragons forever , there's

meals on wheels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSYEu47WbJY

project a - samo and yuen biao supporting roles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdbJa3tOGE

my lucky star - jackie and yuen biao supporting roles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOqy75QgiPY

I started watching "Get Shorty" season 2.

Last Man Standing (1996)
    Walter Hill essentially made a John Woo film disguised as a Yojimbo remake

Demolition Man:

I get the feeling that the director of this wanted to make a Batman movie once in his life, and some of the score by Elliot Goldenthal carry similarity to some tracks of Danny Elfman's Batman score. Simon Phoenix played a better Joker than Jack Napier, and I love Jack Napier in Batman 89.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the other actor is yuen biao , 'brothers' with jackie chan and samo hung since all 3 grew up training together in the hardknocks opera school. the villain was Benny 'the jet' Urquidez , former .kickboxing champion. the 80s were the best time for hk action comedy movies ,

besides dragons forever , there's

meals on wheels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSYEu47WbJY

project a - samo and yuen biao supporting roles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdbJa3tOGE

my lucky star - jackie and yuen biao supporting roles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOqy75QgiPY
    Seems like this could be a nice collection to remember. Thanks for the suggestions.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

Seems like this could be a nice collection to remember. Thanks for the suggestions.

that list is only where the 3 'bros' appeared together in a movie.

by and large , any jackie chan and samo movies in the 80s are worth a watch.

I started watching the IT crowd after Get Shorty.

Chris O'Dowd has come a long way since then in his performances.

Tower Heist (2011):

Ben Stiller is only four years older than Paul Rudd, that helps if you want to set the illusion of considering this a precursor to Ant-Man (and that movie came out four years after Tower Heist, cool).
    It's a fun movie that has some notable issues, but I can recommend it if you enjoy heist movies. Also; I remembered a Mickey Mouse comic story while watching the last 20 minutes, and my guess that there is a similarity there was on point, buuuuuut I'm not going to spoil the movie I just recommended.

I've started watching Ant-Man as we speak, and it starts with a fall between Michael Douglas and other characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    that list is only where the 3 'bros' appeared together in a movie.

by and large , any jackie chan and samo movies in the 80s are worth a watch.
    That's great to know.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Extraordinary Member

Fatman-Kinda reminded me of the time Santa fought Lobo.

Outside The Wire-Got whole new respect for Anthony Mackie. Dude did his effin thing top tier action movie one of the best I've seen in years. Props.

Midnight Sky. Very well made, well acted Clooney movie, signifying nothing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

A Hero Ain't Nothing But A Sandwich. I'd been aware of it for years but never watched it start to finish before. Meh direction, but great performances from almost the entire cast.

Watched the Haunted Palace, a 1960s Vincent Price movie based on Lovecraft, directed by Corman. As usual I appreciate the performance of Price, who almost always carries films he is in, and the movie had enough plot twists to keep things interesting.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1&2:

The first one has Eric Sacks telling a plan about spreading poisonous gas that will cause an epidemic and New York will be quarantined. So it took a note from the Amazing Spider-Man movie, and somewhat inspired the plot of Insomniac's first game?

They are fun terrible movies that I don't regret watching, the sequel especially has some fun action, but man are villains paper thin in motives and personality in the sequel, Baxter Stockman is probably the most fleshed out villain. Shredder is just a tool in both movies, and he has less of a personality than the original comics.

Shredder in the original comics is:
    "I'll get revenge over the death of my brother by killing the guy who stole his love."
    Insurance scam, Turltes stabbed him and tossed him off the roof as revenge for Hamato Yoshi.
    He's not dead, he leads the foot to assault the turtles, starting with Leonardo.
    Decapitated, and there is no more of him after that.

Aaaaand these movies loosened even that, making him more of a footnote than he considered this version of Baxter Stockman, who actually has more personality and story in the Mirage comics even in his first appearance, never met Shredder, and is the star antagonist of a 13 issues volume.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I started watching the IT crowd after Get Shorty.

Chris O'Dowd has come a long way since then in his performances.
    It's such a fun show. Just stacked with talent.

Retired

SAVING MR. BANKS (2013), directed by John Lee Hancock, starring Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks.

I resisted seeing this movie when it was out in theatres, because I knew the trick it was going to pull and I didn't want to play along, but at the library the other day looking for movies, I saw this and decided to take it out, since it does have Emma Thompson.

Not that the movie is badly executed--it's perfectly good at what it's doing--and I was suckered in by the back story of P.L. Travers. When I was a kid, I saw MARY POPPINS in the movie theatre with my parents and my sister and by the end I was crying buckets, just because I never wanted Mary to leave or the movie to end--and after that I got the 45 of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." And every week as a kid I saw Mr. Disney talking to me on the T.V. screen. So I'm easily exploited by all those memories.

But the movie perversely manipulates the audience into siding with Walt Disney and making P.L. Travers the weak woman who must surrender her attachment to the past, so patronizing Walt can make the movie he wants to make rather than the one Travers wants. And having Tom Hanks play Disney (not really like Disney at all) is another level of manipulation, because who doesn't love Tom Hanks. So even though I got swept up in the story and the movie worked me like a puppet--philosophically I'm against its whole purpose.