Page 114 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3111

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Spielberg was involved and had more to say then Dante. At least that's what I read.
    He was the producer, but the movie felt like Dante. Poltergeist, on the other hand, though "directed" by Tobe Hooper, felt all Spielberg.
    But not something we can know for sure.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Dante had creative control, but they worked along great is what I read. I think it was a good collaboration.

I find these kind of movies, or movies at the time are unapologetic. They just did it, if it made sense or not wasn't the point.

Next will be Gremlins 2. I have to watch more older movies, some great stuff out there.

Dante had creative control, but they worked along great is what I read. I think it was a good collaboration.

I find these kind of movies, or movies at the time are unapologetic. They just did it, if it made sense or not wasn't the point.

Next will be Gremlins 2. I have to watch more older movies, some great stuff out there.
    After watching Gremlins 2 you should google Key & Peele Gremlins 2 Brainstorm.
    G2 will make more sense afterward.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Ava (2020). Two and half stars. Mediocre, OK-ish action thriller about a sad lady assassin. The cast is full of people who are way better than this script ( Geena Davis, Colin Ferrell, John Malkovich, etc). The "family drama" scenes are really odd and Jessica Chastain's character comes off less like a woman haunted by her past mistakes and more like a moody teenager.

On the plus side, I didn't mind the fight scenes and I was able to buy into the idea of Jessica as an action hero.

Retired

Are others going to list their best for the year--or?

We need more of those. "Watch it. If you don't like it...whatever". Movies made because someone wanted to make a movie, whether it was realistic or had relevance or not. I love those kinds of movies. Sometimes, I find movies these days take themselves too seriously.

Recently watched: Aliens
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The Empire of Corpses

Dr. John Watson (yes, the ally of Sherlock Holmes) in an anime movie wants to resurrect his dead med-school colleague to confirm their assumptions about the soul and the weight, but they meet Frankenstein's monster who wants to kill humans cause they're greedy and... you know what? This movie is bullshit.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The VVitch (everyone would have signed that book at the end after being put through that nightmare)
    True Grit (Why is there no Jonah Hex franchise, WB)
    Shape of Water (Why cast Colin Farrell as Penguin then cover him with make-up. Just get Michael Stuhlbarg.)
    No Country for Old Men (Absolutely love it)

Just watched Loved and Monsters. Really enjoyed it. Very charming.

Mighty Member

Watched Hillbilly Elegy. Ron Howard, Glen Close, and Amy Adams hit this one out the park. Real good movie. The critics trashed this one, but I think they were wrong.

BANNED

WW84.

Meh.

Aquaman 2 will be a pivotal movie. If it's as much a disappointment as WW84 was over WW, the DCEU will need a serious reboot.

Man of Steel

Script is a mess, pacing is a mess, camera work is a shaky mess, a lot of acting is wooden, it has elements that are taken from sources that have nothing to do with Superman, characters are handled different from any version of the source material counterpart, too much destruction even for a superhero movie, and destruction physics that are inconsistent. I should hate it, even more as a fan of Superman comics, but it has a lot of ideas that could have been better utilized to make a good movie out of it, some of the wooden actors still tried enough to add charm to the plot, and they made me love a movie that treads that fine line between bad and mediocre with some fascinating score that has some of Hans Zimmer's best written tracks, and quite the engaging villain in General Zod who might be the one who truly gave it something while acting to make his performance not wooden.

I love the movie, watched it multiple times cause I really love it despite of everything wrong with it. Too bad the follow up removed every possibility to move characters forward and made them stiffer and annoying. Superman and Lois in the holding cell is a great scene, "Krypton had its chance" is a great moment, first flight doesn't make much sense within the plot but at least it has the right atmosphere that made it fun. Batman Vs Superman has nothing like that, it made what should have been engaging and energetic moments dull and frustrating to a degree that made me despise it, and the Ultimate Cut is sadly worse with more time wasting plot threads and scenes. Batman's theme is annoying.

Terminator Genisys:

Messy plotting that has some heart and right ideas, the way it made remarks at time travel rules is interesting and fun, and I really wish this was better written, even though the end of Terminator 2 made sure any sequel would be obsolete.

I've only watched this movie once before today and loved it then, I think I've enjoyed it more this second time watching it nearly 6 years after first viewing. I still don't want to watch any of the other sequels to T2, and hope not to watch them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Highlander (1986):

I don't get it, I could not mock it, I did not enjoy it.
    My apologies to fans of this movie, starting with batnbreakfast.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Highlander (1986):

I don't get it, I could not mock it, I did not enjoy it.
    My apologies to fans of this movie, starting with batnbreakfast.
    Awww At least you enjoyed Robocop

Dragons Forever:

A fun Jackie Chan, Samo Hung, and other kung fu actor I'm not familiar with. The villain doesn't appear much, but he's fun when does appear. I think calling it Kung Fu Lethal Weapon would be apt.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Awww At least you enjoyed Robocop
    That movie is all kinds of awesome, even the weird parts. And I still enjoy the sequels.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 01-08-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE