Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3111
    BANNED

watched Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City that I DVR recorded a month or so ago.

movie's actually pretty good. alot better than the Milla Jovovich Resident Evil movies

Invincible Member

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (2017) directed by Angela Robinson...starring Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall, and Bella Heathcote. Soap opera/drama about William Marston the creator of Wonder Woman and the polyamorous relationship he had with his wife and a young woman they lived with. For the most part it was decent. The actors were good and I liked the story structure, but I wish there was more "history" for lack of a better word. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about the comics ( I don't think they even mentioned the name of the first WW artist) or about Marston's involvement with the lie detector. They barely touched on the fact that WW2 was happening when Wonder Woman was first popular. They did however talk about Marston's "DISC Theory" which I didn't know much about. I also liked that they were able to talk about Marston's fascination with kink, but dealt with it in a pretty tasteful way.

BANNED

watching Black Friday and the first original Care Bears movies on Freevee tonight and tomorrow

Astonishing Member

Renfield

Quite funny, not hilarious, but worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Renfield

Quite funny, not hilarious, but worth a watch.
    Worth it for seeing Nick Cage do Bela Legosi.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Damsel on Netflix
    Grade: B

It was fun and worth the time. Simple plot about a dragon exacting revenge on a Kingdom, who in part is working to salvage its own bloodline by using magic to trade off other damsels for the penance.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
    Grade: C+

The template here is very much Thor Ragnarok to the point Arthur jokingly calls Orm...Loki at one point during an exchange. Overall it was mostly fun but did dip a bit too much into Thor: L&T territory. I think this could've been tighter but as the sendoff for the DCU Snyderverse it was really an ok watch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I agree about Aquaman modeling on Thor. My problem is with Thor I feel it is organic and works for me. This felt forced. It also isn't a very good action flick with a dumb plot and villain. C- is being kind.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Road House on Prime. Good action streamer with Gylenhall shining. Better than the original, which let's face it, was not very good, even if we love watching it.

Extraordinary Member

Enemies closer-Jean Claude Van Damme plays the villain.-Nuff said

I saw the 2024 version of Road House today. What an absolute piece of crap.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Wonka. Delightful. After the 2 Paddington movies, Peter King has shown he is a master of this genre.

BANNED

currently busy with the new Robocop Robodoc documentary on Tubi this weekend Not bad for them to find "new" info but I've heard some of the stuff before on the DVD Directors Cut special edition that I still have

Donnie Darko (2001) - Its one of the best and most confounding independent films of all time. But I love it. Too bad Richard Kelly really has not gotten that many other opportunities or funding to do more movies.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Invincible Member

Times Square (1980 ) directed by Allan Moyle. Starring Tim Curry, Trini Alvarado, and Robin Johnson. A rich girl runaway and a smart mouth street girl form a friendship and get into hi-jinx all around New York City. Tim Curry is the DJ that tells their story which inspires the public.

I wanted to like it more than I actually did. It started out somewhat grounded, but got more and more unrealistic. Especially concerning the rich girl's "law and order" politician dad. How has he not called the cops several times when he's gotten leads to where the girls might be? For that matter the fact that she's missing has been put out in the media, yet here she is out in the open in the middle of downtown during the day for the length of the movie and no one notices? Also, spoilers:
    she gets a job dancing at topless bar, but somehow doesn't have to do it topless?!
    end of spoilers

I did like the soundtrack. And I loved all the New York location shots.

Astonishing Member

Millers Girl

Very tame for a topic like Teacher/Schoolgirl romance.

While both very good actors there were not much chemistry between Jenny Ortega and Martin Freeman. Unfortunately.