Page 25 of 206 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

I hadn't seen it in a long time, but after talking to some of my coworkers about science fiction stuff like Star Trek and Firefly, I watched Serenity (2005). It is a really well done movie, but part of the charm of the crew is their interaction. The movie had to go for a plot, whereas I wanted to watch character interaction with a story as a backdrop. Good movie, but every time I watch it, I miss Firefly more and more.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Ghost in the Shell (2017)
    A cool live action movie of a iconic manga movie but does not add much to the original movie.so i think it's a cool adaptation but i was hoping that the movie expanded the original movie more.

Wonder Woman.This was a good movie.not a great movie but a good Wonder Woman movie and i am not even that much of a fan of Wonder Woman comics.(all though i have to read the George Perez stories of Wonder Woman,the few i read were quite good.)

I just couldn't get into Wonder Woman esp when she left her home. I just saw Deadpool and I think it's a instant classic. I never could finish the first one but the sequel has inspired me to try now.

Extraordinary Member

Robin Hood 2018 pretty damn good much better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Robin Hood 2018 pretty damn good much better than expected.
    Really? It's only 99cents to rent or 5 to own on xbox right now but from what I heard other the Jamie Foxx the movie is really forgetable and apparently Little John's the bigger bad ass so they handicap him so it makes sense that he needs to train someone new. But yea if you reccomend it maybe I won't wait for Netflix. Its between that and Hotel Artemis for me right now both are on sale. Sterling K Brown is amazing so I'm leaning towards Artemis to watch tonight

That said while it was bette then I thought based on reviews King Arthur I felt was still kinda dumb. How do you compare then?

Edit: I lied Robin Hood is full price either I read it wrong yesterday or it's off sale
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-23-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Really? It's only 99cents to rent or 5 to own on xbox right now but from what I heard other the Jamie Foxx the movie is really forgetable and apparently Little John's the bigger bad ass so they handicap him so it makes sense that he needs to train someone new. But yea if you reccomend it maybe I won't wait for Netflix. Its between that and Hotel Artemis for me right now both are on sale. Sterling K Brown is amazing so I'm leaning towards Artemis to watch tonight

That said while it was bette then I thought based on reviews King Arthur I felt was still kinda dumb. How do you compare then?

Edit: I lied Robin Hood is full price either I read it wrong yesterday or it's off sale
    Maybe cuz my expectations were so low lol. But it's really a solid action flick with modern sensibilities when it comes to the arrow fights. I thought Jamie and the lead actor were going to mail it in but they really gave some passionate performances. I thought it was better than Arthur it's not without it's problems tho.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I finally saw the latest version of Les Miserables and thought it was ok and don't know why they were making such a big deal about Russel Crowes singing and didn't find it much different from Hughs and felt Anne Hathaway was the best singer actually. I almost barfed at the sausage making scene with the cat and it really jolted me out of the film. I also feel visible rape is unnecessary and can be just as effective with fade to black and really wish so many film makers wouldn't use it as a shock gimmick. It deserves more respect than that.

And I finally saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and while the visuals were breathtaking and the casting was ingenious I felt there was too much action and not enough story. Good fun flick to pass the time though but not to get too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe cuz my expectations were so low lol. But it's really a solid action flick with modern sensibilities when it comes to the arrow fights. I thought Jamie and the lead actor were going to mail it in but they really gave some passionate performances. I thought it was better than Arthur it's not without it's problems tho.
    Sounds fair ima check it out. Got great actors Jamie Foxx, Taren Egerton, and Ben Mendelson right?

Watched the After party on netflix.. wasnt amazing but was cute. Was smart having some dorky dude with a weird flow be the rapper and then write him some nice bars. Made him more endearing
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-24-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

In Bruges 2008

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sounds fair ima check it out. Got great actors Jamie Foxx, Taren Egerton, and Ben Mendelson right?

Watched the After party on netflix.. wasnt amazing but was cute. Was smart having some dorky dude with a weird flow be the rapper and then write him some nice bars. Made him more endearing
    Yeah the kingsman dude lol. I looked at the afterparty preview looks funny i'll give it a look.

Alita. Much better than I expected and it was certainly the most authentic and best live action conversion of an anime that I've ever seen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I saw Alita: Battle Angel today. I'd heard lots of bad things about it, but I have to say that while it isn't a great film, I was pretty entertained overall.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw Alita: Battle Angel today. I'd heard lots of bad things about it, but I have to say that while it isn't a great film, I was pretty entertained overall.
    Is Mahershala Ali bad in it? Because I've seen tons of reviews talking about how this is the first film they didnt like him in. Even if the story is cliche' or the characters one dimensional I mean I feel like people arent managing expectations. Your seeing a movie based on an Anime if the action is amazing and beautiful I thinks that's a win and everything else is just icing on the cake. Especially compared to most anime adaptions we get. I'm still waiting for redbox or Netflix though, never read the anime and the trailers didnt interest me at all. But seems like most people on here who are into geekdom like me loved it so definetly gonna watch it just not paying 16 bucks a person

I'm a fan of Mahershala Ali, and I had no problem with his performance in this. It's more about what you expect in a main villain that's down to personal taste. Some people were expecting more.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

The movie is indeed the best Spider-Man movie out there, but it's a Miles Morales story and that character never checked as someone I'm interested in, although his story and personality are great and well realized. I guess I'm a stickler for not being a fan of Spider-People besides Peter Parker with Miguel O'Hara being the only exception, maybe cause he's from a distant future that used to be next century back at the time, and being the brainchild of Peter David.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage