Page 63 of 208 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The Velocipastor. Without a doubt the best bad movie ever made.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Mighty Member

Just watched the 1960 sword and sandal The Minataur, starring Bob Mathias and Rosanna Schiaffino, and it was pretty good, with a decent monster costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A friend of mine in Austria has just finished watching SUICIDE SQUAD and she really loved it, so she's asking me what film comes next after that one. Any ideas?
    Like Chronologically in the DCEU? Its after BvS so Justice league I'd assume

Just got done watching "Shoot' em Up"

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Like Chronologically in the DCEU? Its after BvS so Justice league I'd assume
    Well she said, "Wie heißt der Film der danach kommt? . . . Möchte den auch gerne sehen." [What's the film after it called? . . . Would like to see that, too.] So I said that the Harley Quinn movie is sort of the one that comes after. I guess that JUSTICE LEAGUE is the next one that came out, but it doesn't feature any of the same characters and it has a different tone.

I saw Birds of Prey: And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. It was batshit crazy and pretty much felt like what I imagine a trip through an excessively violent funhouse high on LSD would look like. But I had fun watching it and despite some issues with certain parts of the film, it was well worth seeing. I gave it a 7 (call it 7 1/2 really) out of 10 on IMDB.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

A friend of mine in Austria has just finished watching SUICIDE SQUAD and she really loved it, so she's asking me what film comes next after that one. Any ideas?
    Birds of Prey.

Well she said, "Wie heißt der Film der danach kommt? . . . Möchte den auch gerne sehen." [What's the film after it called? . . . Would like to see that, too.] So I said that the Harley Quinn movie is sort of the one that comes after. I guess that JUSTICE LEAGUE is the next one that came out, but it doesn't feature any of the same characters and it has a different tone.
    Yea Birds of Prey is the only thing that connects really. If they like animated stuff SS has some nice Animated movies.(Hell to pay and Assault on Arkham, also Harleys animated show is really fun)
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-23-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The Dirt on Netflix yesterday.

It was entertaining enough, standard rock music biopic stuff really. Anything from that period takes me back in a very fond way. There's no doubt the Crue were amoral arseholes at times though.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

In terns of it's release date, the next DCEU film after Suicide Squad was Wonder Woman.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    In terns of it's release date, the next DCEU film after Suicide Squad was Wonder Woman.
    I assume that my friend has already seen WONDER WOMAN--because I recommended it to her when it came out, but now I'm not sure if she did see it. I know she saw JOKER, because that's the movie she watched just before SUICIDE SQUAD. She really loved JOKER, which might be why she watched SS next.

Not a movie yet sort of related to the movies--I've been watching the TV show MAVERICK and the last episode I watched was "Shady Deal at Sunny Acres." The premise is very similar to THE STING, which was made a decade later--and the creator of MAVERICK thinks so too, but THE STING producers never gave any such credit. It's a classic episode because it features all the recurring characters from previous episodes--including Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., as Dandy Jim Buckley. That character has a British accent even though Zimbalist is American--and I always wondered why Zimbalist was cast to voice Alfred on BTAS, but maybe it was on account of his performance as Dandy Jim.

Drive
    Yesterday
    Galaxy Quest
    Fighting With My Family
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The Kitchen.

Love me some McCarthy.

Haddish was absolutely miscast for the role. She does comedy. Angela Basset would have been way better but not in the age range I guess, but they could have found someone younger and better.

Good movie UNTIL the last 5 minutes. The ending just killed the movie for me and pissed me off for having watched it. The build up was leading one way I thought and they went with a cop out ass ending.

A Dogs way home. I though it was the Quaid movie. Guess that's a doga purpose or some ****. This movie had silly cartoon animals at some parts and had the cheese turned up to 11. All that said I didnt hate it.

Retired

HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959), a Hammer film directed by Terence Fisher, starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee--made after Fisher had directed DRACULA with Cushing and Lee for Hammer, but still at a point when Hammer horrors were fairly tame. Which is unfortunate. Cushing makes a good Sherlock Holmes--he did so again almost ten years later in a series for the BBC--but I've always found THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES to be a poor test of Holmes' abilities--and the Hammer version of the story has even less detection. So with the lack of gore and the lack of mystery, this movie is ho-hum--Christopher Lee is stuck in the tepid role of Sir Henry Baskerville.

I like the Holmes short stories much more than the novellas. The short stories are concise and to the point--the novellas are too drawn out, with Holmes left out of the action for a good part of the books--A STUDY IN SCARLET is the only novella I really like and that's because it's our introduction to Mr. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson. Yet THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES seems to be the story that gets the most adaptations in live action--usually with the movies trying to make more out of the horror of the hound than what is there on the page. And it's only a passable Scooby-Doo yarn.