Page 205 of 208 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3111
    Astonishing Member

Road House (2024)

I have never seen the original movie, nor do I care for it, but I had a lot of fun with this one. Its not meant to be taken serious, I think. When Connor McGregor pops up it gets a bit silly, or lets say the guy is silly. Ridiculous in real life and this movie, so I guess he didnt even have to act for a role like that, he just plays himself.

I wouldn't tell that to his face, only with a gun in my hand, lol.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Road House (2024)

I have never seen the original movie, nor do I care for it, but I had a lot of fun with this one. .....
    This statement is a head scratcher. How can you not care for something you've never seen?
    The first film is a lot of fun and while perhaps meant to be taken a tad more serious...really isn't.

I plan to watch this one eventually but do recommend you try the original.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This statement is a head scratcher. How can you not care for something you've never seen?
    The first film is a lot of fun and while perhaps meant to be taken a tad more serious...really isn't.

I plan to watch this one eventually but do recommend you try the original.
    What I really meant was, I do not care to watch it. But if recommend it I will put it on my To Watch List (even when its at the bottom)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That's what I keep hearing and a crazy run time too. Just saw godzilla x Kong. This was like Return of The King for kaiju lol.
    Napoleon might not be perfect but I wouldn't call it boring. It's peppered with big cinematic war scenes along with his thorny familiy life. I'd wonder more about Killers of the Flower Moon (which I haven't watched) which is like one hour longer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Napoleon might not be perfect but I wouldn't call it boring. It's peppered with big cinematic war scenes along with his thorny familiy life. I'd wonder more about Killers of the Flower Moon (which I haven't watched) which is like one hour longer.
    Whooo an hour longer than Napoleon? Haha. I'll probably get around to watching these. Maybe an hour at a time if I don't like the flow.

Invincible Member

The Man From Nowhere ( 2010 ) directed by Lee Jeong-beom and starring Won Bin. A Korean action flick about a mysterious pawnshop owner who befriend a little girl next door whose mother is involved with drug dealers. The pawnshop owner inadvertently gets involved and finds himself in a war between rival organized crime gangs that deal in dope and organ harvesting. Meanwhile the police are hot on the trail of everyone involved.

I really enjoyed it. Great pacing, great suspense, solid action choreography. I actually choked up at surprising emotion ending.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Road House (2024)

I have never seen the original movie, nor do I care for it, but I had a lot of fun with this one. Its not meant to be taken serious, I think. When Connor McGregor pops up it gets a bit silly, or lets say the guy is silly. Ridiculous in real life and this movie, so I guess he didnt even have to act for a role like that, he just plays himself.

I wouldn't tell that to his face, only with a gun in my hand, lol.
    What I have been telling people.
    If you want to watch the new Road House, Watch the first one, then turn off the TV...

Extraordinary Member

Land of the Bad-With Russel Crowe and Liam Hemsworth. Takes a hot min to start up. But once it gets goin it's on an poppin. Pretty good action/thriller.

The new Road House was better than the Swayze one. Dalton was a much more interesting character, and the fights were better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I watched the Swedish silent horror movie Häxan.

Last edited by CaptainEurope; 04-10-2024 at 02:54 AM.

BANNED

binge watching Real World Season 18 on Paramount plus recently.

and watching these movies on Tubi this weekend: 1980s Burial Ground, Return of the Living Dead 3, and Twins of Evil

Invincible Member

The Born Losers ( 1967 ) directed by and starring Tom Laughlin. The writing is credited to co-star Elizabath James. This basically the first Billy Jack movie. A small town is being terrorized by a gang of motor cycle bikers. Billy is a half Indian Viet Nam vet who willing stand up to them but has gotten himself in trouble with the local police. James is a poor little rich girl who has attracted the attention of the gang. Ultimately the gang goes too far and Billy has to enact justice.

Cheezy B-movie of the era but it's entertaining in own way. Laughlin does well as a stoic lone wolf hero. James is likable as the smart-ass female lead, who for some reason spends half the movie in a bikini and go-go boots. There's a few logical inconsistencies and slightly sloppy storytelling, but otherwise interesting if you're into this sort of film.

BANNED

just got the new 4K Blu ray for the classic Levithan movie earlier today so Ill be watching the bonus features behind the scenes stuff tonight then might watch the movie with commentary track on Mondy or sometime next week since Im busy watching stuff as usual on Tubi and Youtube and Netflix and Paramount

Civil War (2024)--- spoilers:
    Movie was NOTHING like was implied or what I expected and that is not a bad thing. Had NOTHING to do with a Civil War, that was just the back drop but had everything to do with Photojournalism and what they deal with and what it can do to you mentally. To me it was a great movie showing how Lee dealt with it all. How her internal defenses broke down from it all and how she decided to do what she had to do to ensure that the future of photojournalism will live on.
    The Civil War backdrop could have been any war, but it hit home more because these are your people. This is your country and your people are doing it themselves.
    It's a sad state and it broke her down and she finally gave up, but in her giving up, she ensured that by saving the young and hungry upstart, Jessie, photojournalism will live on.
    I read some people complain because it needed more backstory on the War about the how's and why's but in the end, don't all wars start the same? Some claimed she was an ego maniac looking for the kudos and the notoriety from her photos. IN doing so, it appeared the don't know what photojournalism really is. They tell stories with pictures they take. Not with the words. They leave the words to the people viewing the pictures. Fill in the blanks...
    It really is a great movie...
    end of spoilers

4.5 Stars out of 5.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 04-15-2024 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The new Road House was better than the Swayze one. Dalton was a much more interesting character, and the fights were better.
    ... are, are you monetizing engagement... here?!?

I like Gylenhall, that's the dude, people don't bring up Nightcrawler enough but will people be repeating lines from the new one, 30 years from now? They won't.

Who is the Kelly Lynch role cause if she's not throwing young boys into puberty like the OG did it aint better lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.