Page 204 of 208 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3111
    BANNED

renewed my Shudder subscription earlier tonight.

watched Deathstalker on the Joe Bob Briggs Roger Corman tribute

right now finishing up watching the Gray Matter/House of the Head episode of Season 1 of Creepshow. Cute funny story of House of the Head with the little girl and the Chief Wooden Head figurine

Invincible Member

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia ( 1974 ) directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring Warren Oates. A crime boss puts a bounty on Alfredo Garcia who has impregnated his daughter. Ultimately, we follow Oates who's been commissioned by a couple of hit to find Garcia. Oates enlists the aid of his girl friends who's previously had an affair with Garcia.

It's not awful but I can see why it wasn't initially as well received as some of Peckinpah's more famous films. Just wasn't has engaging as it could have been. There's also an odd sexual assault scene and I'm wondering if Sam wrote it that way in an attempt to mitigate the criticisms of such scenes in Straw Dogs and Teh Getaway. But if so, this one is probably worse...not because it's explicit or anything ( it isn't ), but because of the odd message it sends...

( One of the rapist is Kris Kristofferson by the way )

Astonishing Member

Oppenheimer

Damn, what a great cast. Every actor was at his best. Oppenheimer is a Long and dry movie, where you cannot talk in between or you miss important dialog. It doesn't let up till the end.

Not made for Generation Tick Tok.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oppenheimer

Damn, what a great cast. Every actor was at his best. Oppenheimer is a Long and dry movie, where you cannot talk in between or you miss important dialog. It doesn't let up till the end.

Not made for Generation Tick Tok.
    You should have seen it in IMAX. Magnificent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You should have seen it in IMAX. Magnificent.
    I had the feeling it wasn't made for the big screen, except for the detonations. 90% of the movie was just talking heads. Without having the Max experience, I would say its good enough for TV.

I had the feeling it wasn't made for the big screen, except for the detonations. 90% of the movie was just talking heads. Without having the Max experience, I would say its good enough for TV.
    It was shot in IMAX. made for the big screen. The sound alone in the theater made it different. But there was power in the images, even talking heads, that benefited from IMAZ. And when it did go to the more spectacular, like the bomb test, it was powerful.

All of Nolan's movies work better on the big screen.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

The Family Plan with Mark Wahlberg

Why does Mark make these shitty comedy lately? He is so good and does mildly stuff like this movie or the one with the dog. Or Ted (you can argue about that one). And these two with John Cena in it, something with Daddy in the title?

Is it typecasting?

Extraordinary Member

Breaking Olympia; The Phil Heath Story. Wow Championship body builders are human too. An amazing documentary full of humanity and inspiration. 5 out of 5 stars. But it'll probably be dismissed by critics cuz big muscles....smh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Breaking Olympia; The Phil Heath Story. Wow Championship body builders are human too. An amazing documentary full of humanity and inspiration. 5 out of 5 stars. But it'll probably be dismissed by critics cuz big muscles....smh.
    Are they adressing the steroid abuse? Not that I judge it, but most documentaries tend to be too far away from the reality and leave stuff out.

Extraordinary Member

Are they adressing the steroid abuse? Not that I judge it, but most documentaries tend to be too far away from the reality and leave stuff out.
    They didn't really go into that. It was more focused on the emotional/ psychological abuse. These guys put themselves thru. Have experienced and overcome.

Astonishing Member

They didn't really go into that. It was more focused on the emotional/ psychological abuse. These guys put themselves thru. Have experienced and overcome.
    Thanks for the answer.

I just watched Napoleon. More of a love story than anything else.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the answer.

I just watched Napoleon. More of a love story than anything else.
    That's what I keep hearing and a crazy run time too. Just saw godzilla x Kong. This was like Return of The King for kaiju lol.

Astonishing Member

That's what I keep hearing and a crazy run time too. Just saw godzilla x Kong. This was like Return of The King for kaiju lol.
    I wasn't bored by Napoleon, but I can see why some may lose interest because of the length. Godzilla x Kong, I will see it on streaming. The trailer looked silly.

I just switched off Asteroid City. Lost interest after an hour. Usually I am for these kind of movies, but this couldn't keep me.

Damsel: Good one. Could have been better, but was entertaining enough for me. The dragons voice was really rad in my language. Milli Booby Brown is a beautiful young woman now and a good actor. She has a promising future, I would say. I still have her in my mind a child. Time goes to fast.

BANNED

watching a couple of old Cheech and Chong movies on Tubi

and just started binge watching Season 1 of Star Trek Discovery on paramountplus

Ultimate Member

If you're a Cheech and Chong fan check out Yellowbeard, it's a pirate movie with them and a Monty Python guy or two, funny movie.