Page 119 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3085

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I believe people have a problem with this movie because they don't like Brie. Go to YouTube for all the hate clips. Some stuff, especially in the interviews, where Don and Chris participate and the other one with Jeremy Renner shows that there is a lot of animosity going on. It seems that its real, and that she is a blowhard or something.

I don't care for that, though I watch these clips. If you can separate the artist from the person, It doesn't matter.
    I just read a little about it. Might be some tension, might be playfulness. Who cares, what is on the screen is good, and that's what matters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Captain Marvel. This is my second time. What a well done movie. It is always watchable and enjoyable throughout. And Brie Lawson is near perfect. All the other cast holds up too. Love the young Fury. Don't understand why people have a problem with this movie, but I can't find a fault. In the upper half of the Marvel movies for me.
    A lot of folks had either an agenda or monetary reason for pretending they didn't like the film. Before anyone knew what the plot was people were saying it was bad cuz Brie didn't smile in the trailer. Other folks, who again didn't know what the plot was, said it was going to tank cuz they didn't want "politics" in their movies, as if the mere fact the star was a woman made it political ( and as if there weren't overt politics in Capt America and Iron Man). You have people who literally make a living complaining about media they have not consumed, making like 30 You Tube vids about how it's going to ruin Marvel before the movie was even released. And then Brie did the unthinkable...she said that the Hollywood press and movie reviewers could use more women and people of color.

Online, you just had the perfect storm of C*m*csg*t*, Gamergate, and Anti-SJWers screaming about how awful it was. In real life, it was the biggest hit of the year among normal people.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I believe people have a problem with this movie because they don't like Brie. Go to YouTube for all the hate clips. Some stuff, especially in the interviews, where Don and Chris participate and the other one with Jeremy Renner shows that there is a lot of animosity going on. It seems that its real, and that she is a blowhard or something.

I don't care for that, though I watch these clips. If you can separate the artist from the person, It doesn't matter.
    The actors are clearly goofing around. The people saying the other Marvel actors don't like her are just grifters trying to get Brie hate content.

Invincible Member

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed Captain Marvel but overall it was kinda "meh". Like it sorta felt formulaic, but it wasn't a bad movie. I actually liked the whole thing where the audience thinks spoilers:
    the Skrulls are the bad guys but it turns out they were sort of refugees
    end of spoilers. Having said that, it's not even a new twist. Back in the 70's Avengers #134 shows the origin of the Kree/Skrull War and there's way more going than what's in this movie but spoilers:
    the Skrulls started out as a peaceful race and the Kree are the aggressors
    end of spoilers.

Marvel has been fairly faithful to the original 1960s and 1970s tales in the MCU. Sometimes a little too much, perhaps! But other times, like with Spider-Man, way too little.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

In reading the behind the scenes of CM, it was interesting that Brie did Endgame before she filmed CM. I think she did a great job of getting the character right in Endgame and then keeping it for the CM movie. I also kind of like her being the most powerful hero in the MCU. I confess one of my favorite scenes in Engame's final battle is when Thanos head butts her and she just glares at him.
    One of the things I liked about the movie is though it was an origin, I liked how they made it a slow reveal/mystery throughout the story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Rockstar (2011)- it centers around Jordan played by Ranbir Kapoor. He's an aspiring musician wanting to be famous. He has to deal with the pressures of fame and falling in love along the way.

I own the soundtrack. Its pretty sweet.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The actors are clearly goofing around. The people saying the other Marvel actors don't like her are just grifters trying to get Brie hate content.
    I don't see it the way you do. Chris and Don look really pissed, and I cannot say that is a staged act or something, or goofing around. in the interview with Renner and her, it shows again.

But I don't care for it that much, the product was good enough for me and I am looking forward to a second one.

Sherlock holmes (2009)- I thought it was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I just read a little about it. Might be some tension, might be playfulness. Who cares, what is on the screen is good, and that's what matters.
    I enjoyed it but I put it in the Dr Strange boat. The story didn't do alot to make me love the hero. Ragnarok,Infinty war,Endgame won me over to Strange as a character. I'm sure Carol will win me over in her next film. In most cases though marvel makes me fall in the love with hero right out the gate. Captain Marvel is bottom third for me. Top of bottom thrid but down that way.

I do think they made her way too powerful. The biggest threat in the MCU and she could easily beat him if he didn't use the power stone. This guy manhandled Hulk and Thor with ease. If they wanted her to be the strongest they shoulda hovered just above Thor. Its gonna make story telling harder. Every villains she fights will have to be a bigger threat then Thanos. Or they could introduce Rogue and have suck some of that power off and bring her down closer to Thor. I mean iono in connected universe her being OP matters. If you scale up the villians then everyone else becomes useless in a fight. Hope they tone her down a bit or she can suffer the same issues Superman causes.

No escape room (2018)

Yea I didn't get the ending. The film did a good job with pace. Also keeping the suspense and mystery up. With alot of films like this the answers are unsatisfying in every way. Honestly I don't even know what the answers are.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Eagle has landed (Micheal Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duvall)
    Unexpected modern watch, well aged, every line from Hagman was fun, only the love story for Sutherland felt underdeveloped. Why would the girl fall for him in the first place? Makes me wish The Suicide Squad (upcoming) will be half as good as this movie.

Lighthouse
    Looking forward to this surrealist character drama and feel disappointed afterwards. Well crafted, shot and acted but enjoyed The VVitch much more. Maybe because witches are more interesting to me than lighthouse keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sherlock holmes (2009)- I thought it was a good time.
    Such a fun film! I am still hoping we get a third film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Spectre (2015)

While a solid third place in the Craig series and even several good action pieces.........it's still entirely to long and I fell asleep in the third act. Not to mention the "Skyfall" rip-off song by Sam Smith that somehow won an Oscar?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

SUPERMAN (1978), directed by Richard Donner.

A young man from out of town has his ups and downs working at a big city newspaper.