Page 147 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3086

Saw The French Dispatch in the theatre, by Wes Anderson and featuring an ensemble cast with among others Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Tilda Swinton, Benicio Del Toro, Frances McDormand, and Timothee Chalamet. Had a good time with it and plenty of laughs.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

The Voyeurs, on Amazon Prime. Better than I expected. I'm now a fan of Sydney Sweeney.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The Corruptor, A pretty underrated Crime Thriller Starring Chow-yun fat

Astonishing Member

Red Notice forgettable movie

Cash Truck or Men of Wrath with Jason Statham not good, really not

10 years I think it was called. Never heard of this movie but the cast was insane. So it Channing Tatum I’m guessing early into him becoming a star. Then We have Oscar Issacs and Chris Pratt before they were stars. Justin long and Aubrey Plaza are in it as well. Then Anthony Mackie just pops out of nowhere, then Kate Mara, and finally Rosario Dawson. Overall I really enjoyed the movie but was weird seeing Like chubby parks and rec Chris Pratt and super young Oscar Issacs in this film.

"Chuck" (2017)

it's based on the life of Chuck Wepner, the real life inspiration behind "Rocky".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Last Duel-Pretty damn good. Reminded me of the Departed a little bit. Think Ridley Scott should do more medieval epics.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

House of Gucci. Great movie. Probably my second or third favorite film I've saw this year. My one complaint is that the music choice is a bit predictable.

Outside of the first Alien movie, I've never really been a fan of Ridley Scott. I'm surprised that anyone so late into their career can release two movies of such a high quality

Astonishing Member

Cloud Atlas...half an hour in and I switched it off. Hadn't have the patience nor the energy to understand that movie.

F9: an hour in and I switched it off. My life is too short for this crap.

Astonishing Member

I tried to watch The Hustle with Ann Hathaway and I'm baffled she attached herself to this utter piece of garbage

Saw 'Un monde', a Belgian movie by Laura Wandel, about a young girl Nora who begins het first year at the primary school her older brother Abel is already attending. After an uneasy start, she finds her place among her classmates, but then she learns that Abel has become the target of bullying.

At a compact 72 minutes of runtime, this movie manages to give a compelling portrait of the primary schoolyard, and how harsh it can sometimes be as pre-adolescents too can be cruel, dismissive of those who don't fit in, and hyper-aware of social hierarchies. The camera is virtually always fixed upon Nora, which puts the viewer very close to her POV as she goes through her school activities and learns to navigate the environment. The child actors in this are quite strong, with a very natural performance. The pacing is excellent, and even for a 72 minute film, it flies by feeling like 45-50 minutes . The abrupt ending is perfect, and left me with the sense that while this was a snapshot look into a chapter of these characters' lives, life goes on and they will come out of their ordeal for the better. This is up there with the best movies I've seen this year.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Still haven't see the whole thing. Made it to about the one hour point this time before I just couldn't stand it any longer. That's farther than I've ever made it before with this movie - new record!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Unforgivable.

I saw it yesterday and thought it was good.

"The Wedding Guest" (2019)

Dev Patel earns his leading man credentials in a middling thriller.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-16-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man No Way Home

Its a long time ago that I heard the crowd cheering many times over. I was surprised. What a good time we had.