STREET FIGHTER (1994)

Not the anime one.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Ditto. It's in my blood. It'll take a few more viewings to get sober again!. It's been a long time since I've been this obsessed by a film. Good for Abrams and Disney for not listening to a bunch of vocal whiners who want to see their fan fiction on screen as opposed to good storytelling.

I saw Knives out. Loved Johnson's TLJ and Looper, but I think he just dropped the ball on this one. The mystery was revealed half way through the film and the twist, I pretty much figured out once a character mentioned the board game he liked to play. It's an okay film, but it would serve better on cable.

Ford Vs. Ferrari : Saw it because I liked the trailer. The period costumes and settings are nice. But the story is thin. The last 45 minutes is what makes it great. Unless you love race car races it's a rental.
    Agreed.The storytelling in Star Wars:Rise of Skywalker was awesome.
    In a movie with so many special effects as the new Star Wars movie have, it was impressive that it had such a good story as well.

EDIT: I had not seen Aliens in the longest time. My favourite movie of all time and it had been years. Watched it two nights ago.

Watched all three Lord of the Rings movies on Netflix last night.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I saw Jumanji: The Next Level at the theater today and really enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    EDIT: I had not seen Aliens in the longest time. My favourite movie of all time and it had been years. Watched it two nights ago.

Is it even possible to watch all those movie in one night? Lol that's a day long committment. I need to rewatch them havent seen them since I was a kid and I fell asleep during two of them.

ALADDIN
    As always, I find enough amusement in a Guy Ritchie movie that I cannot say anything less than I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is it even possible to watch all those movie in one night? Lol that's a day long committment. I need to rewatch them havent seen them since I was a kid and I fell asleep during two of them.
    If you have a day off, you're home alone, and no commitment with friends then probably.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

That's like 7.5 hours. How can you concentrate for this long? How much coffee do you need? Theese are serious questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    ALADDIN
    As always, I find enough amusement in a Guy Ritchie movie that I cannot say anything less than I like it.

If you have a day off, you're home alone, and no commitment with friends then probably.
    Haven't seen King Arthur or Aladdin but loved Rocknrolla and like his Sherlock Holmes flicks enough.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Haven't seen King Arthur or Aladdin but loved Rocknrolla and like his Sherlock Holmes flicks enough.
    King Arthur was weird. Entertaining but not good imo. Aladdin I fully enjoyed. Will Smith had great chemistry with the kid who played Aladdin.

Retired

After watching so many Christmas movies (so many), I still have John Debney's score for ELF going through my head. On top of all the other magical things in that movie, that score is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I did not watch Rocknrolla, not sure I've heard of it before. His second Holmes movie is really fun, but it took me a month to watch the first one the first time, don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    King Arthur was weird. Entertaining but not good imo. Aladdin I fully enjoyed. Will Smith had great chemistry with the kid who played Aladdin.
    I won't say I fully enjoyed Aladdin, but I do side with the rest of this statement.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Retired

I have watched all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes and all of the Basil Rathbone Holmes--I'd say they are the definitive ones. I do like Martin Freeman as Watson in SHERLOCK (although the series itself went to hell in a handcart)--as I think Watson should be younger, at least when he first meets Sherlock (even Freeman is a bit too old). I also love MURDER BY DECREE. I did watch the second RDJ Holmes movie on the airplane once--I guess I was desperate, because I normally try to avoid anything that he's in.

I haven't watched most of the Disney animated movies to begin with, so why would I be interested in watching the live action versions? Besides that Holmes movie on the airplane, the only other Guy Ritchie movie I've seen is SNATCH--I actually paid real money to see that, in a movie theatre and everything. Go figure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Bumblebee. Don't get all the hype. I found it boring until the final fight. Lots of tired teenage tropes. Didn't particularly care for any of the main characters.
    this is a case where the one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind. if you compare it to Michael Bay's films, instead of judging the film purely on it's own merits, it comes across as looking "better than average"!

the fact that critics and audiences alike were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a dumpster fire full of pet corpses and excrement automatically leads to "this is the best Transformers movie ever made!"... which is an admittedly low bar to hurdle!!! all that would be required is basic competence at all aspects of, and stages in, the creative process. and this is arguably the first film in the Transformers franchise where that happened.

hence the hype.

LOL. I'm not saying that you're opinion is wrong or that you have to like it... I'm just saying that compared to the last four 'live action' films this one is a huge improvement. you could even argue that since it's the 5th film in the franchise, and a huge improvement over it's predecessor... that it's the "Batman Begins" of the Transformers cinematic universe.... relatively speaking!

"The Last Knight" =/= "Batman and Robin"
    "Bumblebee" =/= "Batman Begins"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have watched all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes and all of the Basil Rathbone Holmes--I'd say they are the definitive ones. I do like Martin Freeman as Watson in SHERLOCK (although the series itself went to hell in a handcart)--as I think Watson should be younger, at least when he first meets Sherlock (even Freeman is a bit too old). I also love MURDER BY DECREE. I did watch the second RDJ Holmes movie on the airplane once--I guess I was desperate, because I normally try to avoid anything that he's in.

I haven't watched most of the Disney animated movies to begin with, so why would I be interested in watching the live action versions? Besides that Holmes movie on the airplane, the only other Guy Ritchie movie I've seen is SNATCH--I actually paid real money to see that, in a movie theatre and everything. Go figure.
    I love the classic Rathbone movies and catch them on free TV after midnight. Freeman was also great in Fargo Season 1 but the only Sherlock Episode I still like is Watson's wedding. Why the dislike for RDJ?

Again I cannot recommend Rocknrolla (Guy Ritchie) enough

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have watched all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes and all of the Basil Rathbone Holmes--I'd say they are the definitive ones. I do like Martin Freeman as Watson in SHERLOCK (although the series itself went to hell in a handcart)--as I think Watson should be younger, at least when he first meets Sherlock (even Freeman is a bit too old).
    Older than David Burke and Edward Hardwicke from the Brett series?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!