Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136
Results 2,026 to 2,032 of 2032
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I'll give you that. But even the best of the best (in any medium) cannot reach every Reader (listener, spectator whatever). I know that he is great, but I skipped a lot of pages. I wanted to read the whole saga and I did (minus lets say 50 pages). I felt it was heavy to read and it couldn't get me excited.
    Agreed. I read him to relax. Exciting is different. Just appreciating him as a wordsmith here. The LotR trilogy is great as an adaption. Just prefer the novels. Same with Batman, GoT and Dune.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Agreed. I read him to relax. Exciting is different. Just appreciating him as a wordsmith here. The LotR trilogy is great as an adaption. Just prefer the novels. Same with Batman, GoT and Dune.
    So be it. Peace

Saw Judas & The Black Messiah. Had a great time. Impressed with the performances of Lakeith Stanfield and Daniel Kaluuya.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

The Hit Man's wife bodyguard. Haven't laughed this much at a movie in years. This is my new shit, good fun.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-24-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Just saw Unforgiven, 1990s western written and directed by Clint Eastwood. Nice last nod to his iconic run as bestubbled gunslinger, also an interesting look into the psyche of the morals of these characters, where Eastwood is the former outlaw who's mostly sworn off violence, and Gene Hackman is the authoritarian sheriff who imposes his moral view upon an entire community. Good stuff,
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Just saw Unforgiven, 1990s western written and directed by Clint Eastwood. Nice last nod to his iconic run as bestubbled gunslinger, also an interesting look into the psyche of the morals of these characters, where Eastwood is the former outlaw who's mostly sworn off violence, and Gene Hackman is the authoritarian sheriff who imposes his moral view upon an entire community. Good stuff,
    I love this film, my second favourite Western after "Once Upon A Time in the West". It was so perfect that it was Eastwood who deconstructed the myth of cowboys into this brilliant attack on the reality of a gunslinger. Richard Harris and Morgan Freeman are excellent supporting cast, and the entire concept of why they all converge is beautiful in its simplicity. Love, love, LOVE IT!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Finally saw Cruella - loved it - Disney is good at these villain prequels

The Tomorrow War - Meh! the father-daughter relationship was touching but those aliens were unconvincing. Yvonne Strahovski is always great to watch though