Page 144 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3051

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dune.Boring, uncompelling, with okay visuals. Liked it less than Blade Runner 2049, which I did not like.
    I like Blade Runner 2049 quite a bit. Dune reminded me of 2049, obviously due to Villeneuve being the director of both films.

As for Dune, I wasn't crazy about it. Stunning visuals (far better than "okay", lol), but I couldn't get into the movie. Something was off about it.......A friend stated it felt like the first show of a television series, which was pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I like Blade Runner 2049 quite a bit. Dune reminded me of 2049, obviously due to Villeneuve being the director of both films.

As for Dune, I wasn't crazy about it. Stunning visuals (far better than "okay", lol), but I couldn't get into the movie. Something was off about it.......A friend stated it felt like the first show of a television series, which was pretty accurate.
    The visuals were very good. But nothing we have not seen before. spoilers:
    And we barely got a glimpse of the Sandworm. Two mouth shots and one scene at night where it was mostly a silhouette. The sandworm rider at the end looked like a cardboard cut out.
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The visuals were very good. But nothing we have not seen before. spoilers:
    And we barely got a glimpse of the Sandworm. Two mouth shots and one scene at night where it was mostly a silhouette. The sandworm rider at the end looked like a cardboard cut out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What little we did see of the sandworm looked like satan's rectum sprung forth out of his arse. I guess you can't expect too much on the visuals of a giant worm, though......The only part of the movie that really grabbed me was the scene where Leto bites on his tooth. That was more of a "holy ****" moment than I thought it would be, a shame the rest of the movie wasn't on that level.
    end of spoilers

As for the Sandworms, The Mandolorian did a much better depiction of them in the "Marshal" episode than this movie did.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Dark Waters" (2019) was more uplifting than I thought it would be.

Many Saints of Newark. It was good, about the quality of an average Sopranos episode, which is still very, very good. Fun seeing the characters' younger selves.

Saw Here We Are ('Hine Anachnu'), tragicomedy by Israeli director Nir Bergman about middle-aged father Aharon (played by Shai Avivi) who is taking care of his young adult son Uri (Noam Imber) who has autism and an intellectual disability. Uri is supposed to move into a home for autistic youths at the behest of his mother Tamara (Smadi Wolfman), but Aharon has great misgivings about this, and on the train trajectory to the home, a tantrum by Uri is the deciding factor for Aharon to run off with Uri.

Some mixed feelings on this one, but enjoyed it overall because of the charming performance of the two leads Avivi and Imber.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

Venom 2

A short and fun action thrill mixed with some humor.

Halloween Kills. I'll be glad when the 3rd movie is done -- to put the franchise out of its misery. I was hoping for more.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Hatchet 1 & 2. Wasn't expecting so much humor -- will watch part 3 soon -- the stars cover the range of horror actors. They obviously had "fun" with these films

Shutter Island (2010)

It's a good film that jumps between genres really well.

Astonishing Member

Last Night in Soho and Antlers, the horror newbies out for Halloween weekend. Liked them both.

While I don't remember watching a Searchlight horror movie and thinking it was bad (Ready or Not and The Night House off the top of my head were great), I thought Antlers felt boring at times, and the monster spoilers:
    went down too easily in the end given the mayhem it caused
    end of spoilers, but the movie knew its atmosphere and stuck to it. And after how disappointing the latest Pet Sematary adaptation was, this movie centering on the Wendigo legend made it extra special to me.

Last Night in Soho will rightfully draw more attention. A must watch for any Thomasin McKenzie and/or Anya Taylor-Joy fans.

Re-watched Mad Max Fury Road for the first time since seeing it in the movie theatre 6 years ago. Was just as enjoyable as the first time. Great visuals, endearing characters despite the sparse dialogue and relatively simple premise. Both the post-apocalyptic world and Max himself are so far removed from the more recognizable setting of the first Mad Max film and it makes for a very surreal experience in the best of ways.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Hatchet 3. Glad to see the director/writers/whatever saw to not leaving an open ended finale. They wrapped it up with a solid conclusion and thus made it tough for anyone else to try to make more sequels.

I really try to avoid horror beyond the mainstream franchises but saw these 3 movies got good reviews from industry peers and won awards for costume design, special effects, etc. Victor Crowley was as menacing a horror villain as any out there. If there were a Rumbles battle between him and the other genre titans, he'd give them a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Hatchet 3. Glad to see the director/writers/whatever saw to not leaving an open ended finale. They wrapped it up with a solid conclusion and thus made it tough for anyone else to try to make more sequels.

I really try to avoid horror beyond the mainstream franchises but saw these 3 movies got good reviews from industry peers and won awards for costume design, special effects, etc. Victor Crowley was as menacing a horror villain as any out there. If there were a Rumbles battle between him and the other genre titans, he'd give them a run for their money.
    Boy, do I feel silly. There is another sequel.