Page 143 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3085
    Invincible Member

Kate action flick on Netflix. Ok. Two and half stars. They swiped a scene from The Losers adaptation.

no time to die. excellent movie, throughout.

Documentary time at the movie theatre once again, this time I saw Hermitage; The Power of Art, which chronicles the nearly 4 centuries of history of the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, framed within the tumultuous history of that city. It's presented and narrated by Italian actor Toni Servillo.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Saw In the Heat of the Night, the 1967 crime thriller starring Sidney Poitier as Philadelphia detective Virgil Tibbs who travels to Sparta Mississippi to assist in a homicide case and finds himself working with local police chief Bill Gillespie (Rod Steiger), all the while dealing with bigotry from the local community as well. Enjoyed it muchly.
    Loved the show and I don't think I've ever seen the movie. Poitier played a couple other detectives in a few movies around this time. One had Ron O'Neal in it and they were going against heroin dealers, The Organization and another but I wonder did he play Virgil Tibbs in any of the other movies? Yea it's only a google click away but he was in a few good ones in the late 60's early 70's. I'm gonna have to go look for those.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Wrong Turn - The Foundation

A remake of the Wrong Turn movie series. It takes a slightly different approach, but I won't spoil it for you. Go see it, a real good horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Loved the show and I don't think I've ever seen the movie. Poitier played a couple other detectives in a few movies around this time. One had Ron O'Neal in it and they were going against heroin dealers, The Organization and another but I wonder did he play Virgil Tibbs in any of the other movies? Yea it's only a google click away but he was in a few good ones in the late 60's early 70's. I'm gonna have to go look for those.
    I haven't seen the movies but apparently he reprised the role of Virgil Tibbs in two follow-up movies, one indeed being The Organization (the 3rd one) and the middle one being They Call Me Mister Tibbs! from 1970.
    Last edited by Mormel; 10-13-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Saw Pourris Gâtés, French comedy directed by Nicolas Cuche, and starring Gérard Jugnot, Artus, Camille Lou, and Louka Meliava, tells the story about a wealthy businessman (Jugnot) living in Monaco, whose three young adult children do nothing but live the high life off daddy's fortune, until the father comes to realize their lifestyle needs to change, and pretends to have been charged with fraud, forcing the family to relocate to the old ramshackle family house on the outskirts of Marseille, where the children now need to look for jobs.

It was good enough fun for a night at the movies, nothing too special, but I enjoyed it.

I watched Black Widow this morning and enjoyed it alot. I was iffy on the prequel aspect but it sold me on it. The estranged family dynamic works. Yelena is great and I'm looking forward to her becoming the next Black (or White) Widow. Dreykov is alright- he's not the worst MCU villian but not the best.

I didn't mind their interpretation of Taskmaster but I don't have a dog in that fight.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-19-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Denis Villeneuve's Dune. Liked it, being unfamiliar with the source material I thought it was an interesting world and would like to see the end. And I really loved Rebecca Ferguson's Jessica Atreides.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Denis Villeneuve's Dune. Liked it, being unfamiliar with the source material I thought it was an interesting world and would like to see the end. And I really loved Rebecca Ferguson's Jessica Atreides.
    Going to watch it tonight, I've read the books and am one of the fans of 1984 movie. It's nice to hear that you liked the movie as the source is very complex at that may be why the past move did not do too well. Have you seen the SyFy made for TV mini series?
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I just watched No Way Back a few days ago. It's a B-grade action flick from the mid 90's starring Russell Crowe, it does have some pretty cool action scenes in it tho

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Going to watch it tonight, I've read the books and am one of the fans of 1984 movie. It's nice to hear that you liked the movie as the source is very complex at that may be why the past move did not do too well. Have you seen the SyFy made for TV mini series?
    I thought the movie was rather accessible. And nope I don't think I've ever watched any previous adaptation for even a frame.

Dune.Boring, uncompelling, with okay visuals. Liked it less than Blade Runner 2049, which I did not like.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dune.Boring, uncompelling, with okay visuals. Liked it less than Blade Runner 2049, which I did not like.
    Oh no! I will still see it though at this point I'm not sure my support is going to matter if Hollywood keeps blowing it with this franchise.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh no! I will still see it though at this point I'm not sure my support is going to matter if Hollywood keeps blowing it with this franchise.
    My opinion seems to be in the minority, it has gotten very good critic and audience ratings.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!