Page 194 of 208 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3111
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Sonic has a way worse track record too. He has more bad or terrible games in his series than Mario does.
    Thats debatable. I would say the other way around.

Mighty Member

"Godzilla Minus One" was really good. glad I saw it in the theaters. I posted a more detailed response on the Godzilla Mine One thread for the people more interested in geeking out over the details. if you're a fan of Big G and monster movies then I strongly recommend that you see this in the theater.

Invincible Member

Dredd ( 2012 ) starring Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, and Lena Headey. Solid action flick based on the British comics hero Judge Dredd which I'll admit I haven't read that many of. Well paced, the violence was well done, and the dialogue mostly worked for me.

I haven't seen it since the mid 90's, but I didn't mind the Stallone version.

Wonder Woman 1984.
    Oof. I’m surprised Geoff Johns let them put his name on that.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984.
    Oof. I’m surprised Geoff Johns let them put his name on that.
    Ugh! I'm wondering how many rewrites or how much studio interference happened cuz the overall idea could have worked, but it seems like it got really dumbed down in the process.

Equalizer 3. More of an Italian travelog than an action film, though there is some of that. But you know, I liked the travelog.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The NeverEnding Story.

Astonishing Member

Leave the World behind

Uh, I love these kind of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Leave the World behind

Uh, I love these kind of movies.
    Liked it, just didn't like how the climax of the movie just happened...It's like a RKO, just came out of nowhere...

Retired

Watched LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND and, as I was watching it, it dawned on me there's a whole class of these horror movies that shouldn't really be called horrors--they're annoyers. Annoying characters, annoying plot developments, annoying sound design, annoying music cues, annoying imagery, annoying montages. They aren't trying to horrify us; they're trying to irritate us to an extreme level. They're usually about annoying people that we can't really connect to because they exist in a world that we don't live in--although this assists them in dealing with the big annoying threats, because they have special status that we would never have.

There's usually an annoying child who becomes the focus of all our outrage.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Although, there were times when I wanted to strangle the characters in the movie--especially that child. And maybe that's the point. So long as we don't care what happens to them, we can sit back smugly and enjoy the show whether for good or for evil. Stewing in our own annoyance. I suppose the objective is to disturb us. And disturb us into what? We are powerless--these movies just reinforce our powerlessness and apathy. The world's going to end, we can't do anything about it, so might as well Netflix and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Dredd ( 2012 ) starring Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, and Lena Headey. Solid action flick based on the British comics hero Judge Dredd which I'll admit I haven't read that many of. Well paced, the violence was well done, and the dialogue mostly worked for me.

I haven't seen it since the mid 90's, but I didn't mind the Stallone version.
    I watched this last night. It was much better than I expected and kind of got me interested in looking up some of the comic stories.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Cocaine Bear

Mindless fun

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
    Grade: C/C-

A few bright spots of fun. One must be a fan of the series to watch it, as brief as it is at just over an hour and a half, because not all character moments hit strongly this time around.
    There is an extended family wedding and also sets up a potential 4th film due to a courtship starting fresh for 20something daughter Paris.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I just don't seem to catch a lot of movies anymore. In 2023, I saw just 15 newly released movies. And only two of those were actually in a theater. Of those 15, here's the 11 I would watch again. Though only four of them would I want to own on DVD.

1. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES
    2. PLANE
    3. CHAMPIONS
    4. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
    5. BABYLON 5: THE ROAD HOME
    6. GUY RITCHIE'S THE COVENANT
    7. MIRANDA'S VICTIM
    8. THE BURIAL (2023)
    9. THE EQUALIZER 3
    10. LUTHER: THE FALLEN SUN
    11. MEG 2: THE TRENCH

AAAA1st86.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Napoleon. Really liked it. After this and The Last Duel, I hope Scott keeps making more historical movies now that the Alien franchise is changing hands.