Page 193 of 201 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3005

Godzilla Minus One

Wow. What a good movie. Light on Godzilla, heavy on story. Probably the best Godzilla movie of all time. Acting was good, it being subtitled may have caused me to miss something especially near the end. Really good story and well reasoned. It may be worthy of awards.
    8 out of 10.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 12-03-2023 at 12:37 PM.

Indiana Jones V. It should have been better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Default Movie Reviews

Just watched the Last Boy Scout. It's about two men who experienced a fall from grace, and are brought together to investigate a death and a criminal conspiracy. Willis is a retired secret service agent and Wayans plays a retired pro football player. The movie was pretty crude but really engaging and entertaining. It kept going in directions I did not see coming with some really random over the top action or gags. It is also beautifully shot and choreagraphed, especially with the sequence in the beginning. Wayans was probably the best actor in the movie. Willis has his signature charm but he's less believable in that archetype because his character is so tormented and miserable. I wish Wayans could have had more scenes expressing his feelings about his tragic background, we really only got a couple. His character's drug use also was also never brought up after the one scene where Willis' character confronts him.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Just watched Detachment. It's the sequel to Predators, but they never explain how Adrien Brody got off that planet. Here he is a substitute teacher and constantly confronted with absolute misery and tragedy. It follows him working in this school with all the worst kids in the district for about a month. He befriends a sex worker and tries to help her while also trying to take care of his father with dementia. I won't say any more. I really liked the way this was filmed but I thought the tragic and hopeless elements were a little over the top. It is shot sort of like a documentary with Brody doing a monologue throughout the film. Brody did a great job. There are some other who's who of actors in this film playing the school faculty. Some great and weird little scenes. Mostly sad. It is definitely worth watching.
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post

Just watched the Last Boy Scout. It's about two men who experienced a fall from grace, and are brought together to investigate a death and a criminal conspiracy. Willis is a retired secret service agent and Wayans plays a retired pro football player. The movie was pretty crude but really engaging and entertaining. It kept going in directions I did not see coming with some really random over the top action or gags. It is also beautifully shot and choreagraphed, especially with the sequence in the beginning. Wayans was probably the best actor in the movie. Willis has his signature charm but he's less believable in that archetype because his character is so tormented and miserable. I wish Wayans could have had more scenes expressing his feelings about his tragic background, we really only got a couple. His character's drug use also was also never brought up after the one scene where Willis' character confronts him.
    That movie was really surprisingly good! I was also really impressed with Wayans performance. I'd seen a few movies with him, or one of his brothers, and they tend to not to lean on their comedic strengths, which are a bit slapstick and Stooge-like, IMO and I do not find funny, but as a serious actor, dayum, he's got the goods and I wish he'd gotten a more chances to show this side.

Bruce Willis' played the same character he played in the first Die Hard movie, it seemed, only fallen even further into disgrace and despair. It was kind of bleak. Some actors seem to add energy to a scene, particularly manic folk like Jim Carrey. Willis kind of slows it down, which can be useful to make something more serious (and works really well in movies like Sixth Sense), but also creates the misperception at times that *he's* 'low-energy' or not trying very hard (which I don't think is a fair assessment).

Astonishing Member

The Whale

Stellar performance from Brandon Fraser. A very sad movie. And horrifying, too.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Go watch Mad God and get back to me...
    Or Annihilation.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Its your party and you can cry if you want to. - Captain Europe

Super Mario Bros. Cute and fun, but don't see why it was so huge. Maybe because I didn't play the game.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Super Mario Bros. Cute and fun, but don't see why it was so huge. Maybe because I didn't play the game.
    Or maybe you were a Sonic fan? Back in those days you were either Nintendo or Sega. I was always Team Sonic and cannot understand why Mario is more popular than Sonic....

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Or maybe you were a Sonic fan? Back in those days you were either Nintendo or Sega. I was always Team Sonic and cannot understand why Mario is more popular than Sonic....
    Neither, not a gamer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Neither, not a gamer.
    Anyway, tell me why is Mario more liked then Sonic? He is not cool, he is not sweet, he is not funny and Super Mario Bros. was way inferior to Sonic The Hedgehog (Video Game)

Anyway, tell me why is Mario more liked then Sonic? He is not cool, he is not sweet, he is not funny and Super Mario Bros. was way inferior to Sonic The Hedgehog (Video Game)
    Ten year head start.

Astonishing Member

Ten years...wow. I never looked it up, but it felt like a year or 3...

Ten years...wow. I never looked it up, but it felt like a year or 3...
    I'm counting from Donkey Kong, but yeah.

Sonic has a way worse track record too. He has more bad or terrible games in his series than Mario does.
    They/Them