Page 107 of 205 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3074

Bad Girl (2016)

An okay thriller with Samara Weaving. Better then one would expect. I never expected to like one actor this much, so as to search such obscure titles like this. The film's shot in a naturalistic style which i liked. Except for the two leads no character is given any development. Even the romance aspect while done well doesn't gel with the thriller aspects. Making the film kinda disjointed. A slow start followed by an abrupt jump into madness.The ending also is quite unsatisfying. If you want to end on a subtle or quieter note. Do so. If you want to end on a violent and loud note do so. I feel like the film does neither. Once the bad is caught and hauled off, it should have ended there. But it tries to pull off a violent home invasion kind of climax, but does away with the violence. The villain dies quite easily after a small confrontation in the swimming pool.

Spoilers if anyone cares for it.
    spoilers:
    Samara plays crazy really well. This is no exception. But since she plays such roles mostly in over the top movies having an irreverant tone, i found her to be quite scary here.
    end of spoilers

Samara Weaving is good. She might be the reason why the film works at all. The other actress is okay. But i didn't care much for her character. Someone's mileage may vary, but might be worth a one time watch. 3/5
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-09-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Invisible Man (2020), well made, tight little movie with lots of shocks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My wife and I finally saw The Last Jedi last night.

We both thought it was a pile of bloated garbage. Not the worst film we'd ever seen by a large margin,* but still a terrible story, and far too long for that. "Is it finished yet?" (pushes info button) "No we've still got over twenty minutes to go." Yes there were some silly things in there. "Is this film taking the piss at itself?" Bad edits. Teasing of popular film tropes, but not using them. However the main reason we didn't like it, was because we thought the story was rubbish.

*That's still held by things like Highlander 2, Avengers 1998 (Emma Peel & John Steed) and the recent Birds of Prey.

Astonishing Member

Watched a couple of movies about saving the world through time shenanigans (Tenet and Bill & Ted Face the Music). Liked both. Would like to think I got a little sneak preview of The Batman's Pattinson.

Spectacular Member

Escape Plan : HADES

Brilliant storyline

The Forty Year-Old Version (Netflix, 2020). Imagine Spike Lee and Issa Rae team up to make a movie about a Harlem playwright going through a mid-life crisis. It’s She’s Gotta Have It meets Insecure for the slightly older crowd. Very funny stuff—crude and subtle at the same time, with a searing point to make about access and representation in the NY theater world.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

THREE WISHES (1995)

With Patrick Swayze and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. Anyone seen it? Never heard about it before, but it's free on Tubi. Really weird movie, but I kind of liked it. Not sure I fully understood it.. A weird mix of drama and fantasy, but I liked the themes explored.

Enola Holmes. Really good YA movie, too bad it didn't get a theatrical release. Millie Bobbi Brown could be a big star.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Watched Russia's sci-fi horror film Sputnik. While I've never watched or felt like watching Venom (which didn't need my money anyway), Sputnik filled my horror symbiote cup just right.

Lost in Translation
    The Jackal
    Sicario
    Last edited by Arfguy; 10-18-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Forgot one
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Blumhouse's The Hunt. Betty Gilpin was the bees knees, couldn't get enough of her.

I saw Enola Holmes today and loved it!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

"The Trial of The Chicago 7" is a great film.

Astonishing Member

Parasite

I hated almost any character in it, but maybe that was the point?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    "The Trial of The Chicago 7" is a great film.
    In the early 1970s there was a docudrama about the Chicago 7 trial that made a big impression on my young mind. I almost feel like I was there, just because of seeing that on T.V. It really stirred me up. I'd like to find that version first--just to refresh my memory--before I watch this new one.